I Am Heaven’s Chosen
20 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Ah Li!" He said excitedly at the front of the palace, "Feel!"

The silver eyed young man smiled and reached out, pressing his fingers against his chest. It still made him flustered, but he was getting used to it. The first time was an accident that made both avoid looking at one another, but now it was… okay.

"You've gotten stronger," Wang Li nodded with a smile.

He pressed his own palm against the boy's chest and grinned when he felt the raven-haired boy was also stronger.

"I brought my blade if you want to spar," the blonde smiled happily.

"You are excited today, Ah Yue," the boy in red invited him in, "Okay. Let me grab my sword."

Eyes wide, he couldn't help the way his eyes roamed around the vicinity. The palace was huge and filled with so many people. They would look at him, bowed lightly, and went on their way. Feeling a bit of an outcast, he stood awkwardly in place, afraid to dirty anything-even the floor.

"Ah Yue?" Wang Li called out seeing how tense his friend was, "What is wrong?"

"It's just… you're like a king, right? There's just… so many people," he looked at his friend with worried green eyes.

"Ah Yue," his friend stood before him, watching his expression, "You know, don't you?"

"Know what?" The blonde questioned with the tilt of his head.

"I am Heaven's chosen," Wang Li whispered and everything in Ying Yue grew cold.

'That… that couldn't be right…' he stared widely at his friend, 'Why would Heaven choose two? Was what his master told him false? Maybe they made a mistake… Wang Li… he should be the chosen, not me. Then I must be the mistake! Yes! This is great!' He felt his lips grin.

"It makes sense Ah Li," he grabbed the raven-haired boy's hands, "You will do a wonderful job."

His friend just shook his head with a short laugh, squeezing his hands in return.

"Ah Li," he spoke up again, "Where is your mark? Is it not the forehead?"

'Wasn't that what master said?' He wondered.

"Oh, it is on my chest," Wang Li looked at him, "Do you want to see it?"

'The chest? That doesn't sound right… why the chest and not the forehead? Master, were you confused when you told us the story?' The blonde questioned to himself and nodded to his friend.

He watched as the man loosened his tunic and green eyes widened.

'Was Wang Li removing his clothes… out in the open for everyone to see?!' He felt his face flush and reached over to stop those hands, but his eyes caught the black marking on the boy's chest. He tilted his head as he stared at the mark. It looked as though someone made intricate strokes on pale chest.

"That is your mark? It looks…" he paused and looked up to see silver eyes watching him, observing his face. Clearing his throat, he pulled his friend's robe closed and walked a bit further away.

"Ready whenever you are!" He called out to see the smirk on Wang Li's lips.

"This would be the first of many, is that right, Ah Yue?" The boy in red readied his sword.

"Here in your palace?" He questioned with glittering eyes.

"As much as you'd like," the chosen one nodded and the blonde couldn't fight the excitement rushing in his blood.

==

He woke up to the sound of music notes in the air and the smell of incense. Sitting up, he rubbed his eyes and got off the bed. Walking out of his room, he saw his brothers and masters sitting in the main room. His master was plucking the strings of the guqin in calmness and he sat beside the brunette. Smiling to himself, he leaned against his brother's shoulder and closed his eyes. His master only played the musical instrument when he was happy, so he wondered what the elder was happy about.

"Master," Ying Yue spoke up once the playing receded, "Did something good happen?"

"Hm," his master hummed with a smile and sat back. His eyes looked at the young students before him and he nodded.

"The Jade Emperor came to visit me. He said things are coming as the prophecy stated."

  "Really?" The blonde said happily.

"Then we will begin soon," the brunette grinned.

He moved his eyes to catch golden ones from the redhead. The young man nodded with a small curl of his lips, and the elder felt himself relaxing even more.

"Master," the blonde tilted his head with his big green eyes, "Can you tell us what we will be doing? You haven't told us, yet."

"You question our master?" The eldest brother narrowed his eyes and the blonde immediately shook his head.

"Not at all! I just don't know what balance I need to bring. Everyone seems happy, right? There is no problem," Ying Yue looked over at the elder with furrowed brows.

The green haired man held up his hand and closed his warm brown eyes. Running his fingers through his beard, he smiled.

"Of course, Ying Yue," he looked merrily at the youngest, "Let me explain then."

"The Heavens prophesized that a child would have the mark of their chosen to bring balance to the world. Bringing happiness and peace to those who are in need and less fortunate. You, Ying Yue, will release any negative energy back to the netherworld."

"Okay… how do I do that?" The blonde frowned crossing his arms, "And… what about my brothers? What does the prophecy say about them?"

"We are to protect you," Xu Ling stated looking at his green eyes.

"From what?" Forehead creased in confusion as Ying Yue tapped his chin.

"Ying Yue," his master spoke up plucking the strings once more, "There will come a time when you are lost, abandoned, afraid. Your brothers will protect you as much as they can, but it is you who has the power to do this. Are you ready?"

The blonde thought about it and looked down at his hands. He saw the small scar at the edge of his side thumb. Rubbing that mark, he felt his lips stretched out.

'Wang Li is also a chosen. As long as I am with him… I will not be afraid, lost, or abandoned. He will protect me and I will protect him.'

Cheeks flushing from the thought of the raven-haired teen kissing the mark, he licked his lips and looked at his master. Nodding, he smiled.

"I am. I will do what the Heavens wish of me."

1