Catch That Evil Tongue
24 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Ying Yue had not seen Wang Li the past five nights due to their heavenly duties. When they are together, they don't talk about their duties nor do they talk about anything but themselves. So today, Ying Yue told himself he would share what he does and hope that his lover would too. Knocking on the palace doors, he waited underneath the clear skies.

The brunette female opened the door and smiled warmly at him.

"Hello Ah Yue," she stepped to the side, "Here to see our king?"

"Yes, is he here today?" He wondered and the female nodded.

"He will be hosting the sect leader of the East tomorrow."

"Yes! I get to see him before then," he grinned and Hien laughed softly walking toward his favorite place in the palace. Holding the boxed meal he made for Wang Li, Ying Yue found himself grinning happily. However, his smile faltered when he saw the smile on the raven haired beauty's face, a smile saved for him only… at least that was what he thought.

The smile of his lover's was aimed at another man, refined and elegant with ruby eyes and a killer smile. He watched as the man ran his fingers through Wang Li's hair and ran over the mark under the left eye. He watched silver eyes softened and saw their foreheads touched. Ying Yue felt his heart stuttering as he backed away from the couple. Turning around, he saw the female looked at him worriedly, but he shook his head.

"He is busy, I will come by when I can," he explained through strained vocals.

"Ah Yue, I am sure-" Hien tried but the blonde shook his head.

"If he wants to eat this, he can. If he doesn't, then.. then it is ok too," he handed the meal basket to her and left quickly out of the large doors straight up the tree at the lake, the one Wang Li and him would lean against at night. Ying Yue sighed and looked at the lake, shining with the sunlight.

'He looked happy with that man,' he thought solemnly, 'I wonder if that was his date… had he given the gift to that man? Did he really love me like he said? Maybe he loves both of us?'

He thought about how happy his best friend looked and he smiled sadly. He closed his eyes and relaxed against the trunk, breathing softly. He soon felt long fingers running through his blonde locks as they caressed his face. Golden eyes blinked opened slowly to see Wang Li staring at him softly.

"I apologize for waking you," deep voice as gentle as a feather brushed against the tip of his nose.

"Ah Li," he whispered sleepily, blinking the clarity in.

Sitting up, he felt himself off centered but strong arms held him in place like his safety was important to his best friend. He breathed out a smile and watched the curved brows of worry on the raven haired male's face.

"We should go to the ground," the king pulled him closer and Ying Yue couldn't help but press toward warm chest. Nodding his head, he felt himself being lifted with an arm under his legs and another holding his shoulders to hold him close. The air flew under him, slicking his blonde hair up toward the sky. When he opened his golden eyes, he saw the darkening sky. He flushed feeling his lover nuzzled against his neck and breathed him in.

"Are you hungry, Ah Yue?" The king kissed his temple and pulled back to look into his eyes.

"A little," he smiled and attempted to stand up, but the man in red kept him seated on his laps.

"I will serve you, Ying Yue," he pressed a kiss on his cheek and reached behind him for the wooden container. Placing it before them, the man in red opened the lid to reveal a delicious scent of the egg drop soup. When Wang Li moved forward, the pressed of his back made the blonde follow forward. He smiled feeling the arms wrapped around him, keeping him safe.

He watched his lover scooped up the liquid and blew to cool the soup. He felt amused at the fact his lover wanted to feed him. Opening his mouth, he felt his heart singing with the feeling of Wang Li's attention solely on him.

"Did you make it?" He asked after swallowing another bite.

"I had it brought here. I didn't want to leave you here alone. Such a pretty man alone at night," Wang Li whispered darkly making his mouth filled with sugar. 

"I can take care of myself," Ying Yue murmured and saw silver eyes narrowed into a happy crescent.

"Is that so?" The king questioned with his lips pressed against the shell of his ear.

A shiver ran through his body when teeth nibbled gently along the curve of his sensitive ear down to his jawline. Biting his lips, the blonde hiccupped a gasp when he felt a wet tongue slid down his neck.

"Mph, Ah Li… Ah Li," he panted turning his face to catch that evil tongue into his mouth.

Wang Li's tongue slid expertly along his own, as if it was caressing the rest of his insides. He wondered if the man could hear his heartbeat rushing to break out of his chest and into the king's hands. Ying Yue felt fingers running down his waist to his hips, as he fell deeper into the kiss, the touch, the man himself. However, the earlier event returned to the forefront of his mind. The man with red eyes and his best friend looking like lovers.

He pulled away from those delicious lips and tried to catch his breath. Moving away from the red clothed man for space, he sat on the other side of the soup bowl facing the king.

"Wang Li," Ying Yue sighed as he stared at the egg floating in the liquid, "Did you… I…"

He let out a sigh, frustrated with his lack of speech. He tucked his strands behind his ear and looked into silver eyes.

"Who was that man?"

"Hm? What man?" Wang Li looked around with a hard look, as if someone was near them.

"The one with red eyes and black hair," the blonde spoke quietly and the raven-haired male blinked.

"You saw him," the taller male stated in a tone that sounded like the tension of a rope.

"Yes."

Ying Yue saw his lover nodded before the man tilted his head with eyes closed. Fear crawled underneath his skin seeing the man who held his heart say nothing. Swallowing down his dry throat, he stared at the spoon in the hand of the king.

"What is it you wish to know?"

That wasn't what he thought he would hear, but now that Wang Li gave him the opening…

"Everything, Ah Li, I want to know everything about you. I tell you about my brothers and my master, but you didn't tell me about Hien, Chu, or even Yun until I happen to see them. And… and then you don't tell me what you do for the Heavens or why the sect leaders needed to meet with you or who that man was," the blonde let out a deep breath as those words slipped freely out of his lips, "Do you love him?"

'Am I anything to you?' He didn't add.

Unbeknownst to him, Wang Li couldn't help thinking about the crestfallen blonde before him.

'Is knowing more about me, going to help you finish your task, Ah Yue? Or will it make things harder?'

0