Chapter 15: A Memory Of Old One
653 4 18
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"My home, little, cold, but the familiar cave of mine."

I went back to my cave for a rest because the last fight had worn me off a bit. I need to recover.

I already learned my lessons from the last time about not getting too cocky in a fight.

I touched the bruises on my chest but pulled my hand away immediately because of the pain.

"That's why you always kill the thing with hands bigger than a watermelon before doing anything else."

I entered the cave end dropped the loot inside.

I grumbled. "Enough carrying weight of a dead donkey." (It is an idiom from my native language that indicates something heavy.)

I grabbed some wood I stacked at a corner of my cave and started a fire outside.

"My wood stock is low, but it can last me for two days before refilling."

The warmness of the fire made me sleepy, so I lay down on the ground, used my pack as a pillow.

"My back, it hurts. I hope I won't end up like my grandfather. At least I can sleep without any more problems."

I turned a bit before finding a comfortable position to sleep.

Good night for me.

Another screen appeared in front of me just before I closed my eyes to sleep.

[Gift of knowledge is gained from Curse Of The Lich.

You can witness a short memory of an old Lich. Do you want to take this honor?

Y/N]

"What is the worst thing that can happen." I pressed the yes.

Just like falling into a dream, I lost control over my body and slowly opened my eyes inside a new place.

Seemingly endless abys covers my surrounding. 

A giant screen in front of me opened, and the light illuminated the darkness showing the snowy tundra hidden under it.

Tentacles made out of light slowly pulled my body inside the screen. I didn't try to resist.

My senses came back as light finished devouring my body.

I can see, I can hear, I can smell, but it isn't my body. I am watching someone's memories from the first-person point of view right now.

The person I am witnessing his memories shout with all his might.

"Astor! I call your name. Come out and give me the crown, and I will spare your life."

He was looking towards a magnificent set of walls and an enormous palace behind it.

From his words, I suppose he is a conquerer invading a capital city of an enemy kingdom. Let's see where it will go.

No sounds came from inside the city, then a volley of fireballs raised to the air behind the city walls and began moving towards the troops behind the Conquerer with an insane.

Fireballs missed the Conquerer, but the sound of the explosions and the screams coming from the troops behind was enough for me to imagine what type of damage they did.

"Then let's do things as you want." Conquerer grumbled. "Forward! Take the capital and kill everyone, and leave Astor to me."

Conquerer raised and directed a glaive, with skulls tied each other and on the tip, forward.

Like the sounds of an earthquake, thousands of steps began marching forwards to the city.

"Go my armies, go and bring glory to your king." Conquerer roared and joined his armies.

But it is not a traditional medieval army made out of levies and knights. It is an army of death, from skeletons to draugrs, and anything in between.

To describe more, half-rotten corpses of giants, moving skeleton elephants ridden by hundreds of human skeletons, I am probably witnessing the most gothic thing in my life.

The view is getting a little blurry, and everything is moving quite fast. Am I jumping forward into the memory?

Well, it makes sense. If I can put everything currently happening and "makes sense" in the same sentence.

"Charge!" Conquerer's sudden scream caught me off guard.

The army of undead managed to break the front gates, and now a seemingly endless swarm of monsters is flowing through inside the city.

"You had enough fun for today, Ur." A humans voice echoed throughout the battlefield.

A man inside a shining golden armor and a pure white light behind it leaped forward and landed towards the broken gate.

As he landed, a ball of white light appeared under him and quickly grew. It pushed the undead away, filled the hole in the gate, and burned the ones who tried to pass it.

"Hero..." Conquerer, who I learned his name to be Ur whispered. 

With a challenging voice, Ur began shouting. "I was waiting for you, Hero. Come to me, and protect the weak, scared king hiding behind his throne. Give me the challenge I deserve!"

Hero pulled out a sword from thin air. "Sadly for you, Ur, there won't be any challenges."

The sword Hero pulled began glowing with a white aura. He dashed forward and sliced a wall of undead like butter.

Hero took the interest of the swarm of death, and undead trying to climb the cities walls began running towards their target.

The more the undead moved towards Hero, the more he sliced them. 

Hero is lightning fast, and a shockwave following his swings was killing more undead than the tip of his sword.

To taunt Hero, Ur shout. "Did little Hero got too scared for Ur and decided to attack my lowly henchman." 

Hero stopped attacking undead troops and thrust his sword into the ground, creating a colossal pillar of light that burns all the undead contacted with it into ashes.

"I am done playing, Ur. You are dead now." Hero began dashing between the undead and fastly approaching the Ur.

 Glaive of Ur began glowing as he directed it towards Hero's approach. His weapon was glowing on a deep purple, unlike the pure white glow of Hero's weapon.

"And I was waiting for that," Ur shouted and leaped towards Hero. "I, Ur The Conquerer, will add your head into my bounties!" 

"You are only another garbage of this world! And I am here to clean you up!" Hero dashed towards Ur with his sword glowing even more.

Weapons of two strong men collided with each other. The ground shook because of it, and the shock wave pushed weak away, created an arena for two of them to fight.

It is getting better. I wonder how this duel en-

I lost the view of the fight. A second later, I felt a pain in my heart. Was Ur killed that fast? How strong was that "Hero."

The screen pulled me out and threw me away. It closed itself immediately afterward, but I heard one last line before exiting.

It was the words of Hero "Remember Ur, remember what gods said. Liches are not great threats, but only training dolls for heroes to test their strength."

Hero chuckled. "You wanted to get treated like a demon lord, so here you go. You saw all my strength, and you were no where near my level

I jumped up and directly began looking around.

 It was nighttime, and the moon was shining with all of his might.

The bruise on my chest got better, a lot better. That's weird but, I am okay with it.

Now, everything is almost good, almost. A weird feeling that I don't know is irritating me. 

"What is the source of this annoying tingle."

I heard a wolf howl.

Something big, magnificent, and deadly slowly got out of the forest around me.

It is a wolf with shining silver fur. Even the largest wolf I saw back was nowhere near its size. 

Unlucky for me, Silver wolf is growling and slowly moving towards me.

I sighed. "I suppose there won't be any more rest to this guy. First skeletons, then goblins, now wolves."

18