Rewritten Chapter 18: After Math Of The Fight.
799 0 22
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Blue screens, it is always the blue screens that appear after I almost die. It doesn't matter if I collapsed because of fatigue or a beast almost cut me in half.

Long as I complete the objective, they will appear. Of course, blue screens bring small gifts for my payment as well. But I must say, I am not paid enough for this shit.

It doesn't mean I will reject my payment.

[Quest Complete! Great Gray Wolf is Dead]

I can say that amount by myself. You don't need to try too hard.

[Rewards: Slightly increased overall physical strength, increased mana capacity, and slightly increased resistances.

New ability:

Stance Of The Great Wolf: Might of yours causes fear amongst the weak.

New Passive Boss Ability:

Alpha Beast: You proved your strength, and now you can command the beast monsters that you managed to dominate with your might.]

I was expecting much more from a beast strong as that.

At least there are two more screens behind.

With the swing of my hand, I closed the first screen.

[New Side Quest: Eliminate the Draugr Warchieftein.

Rewards: Basic necromancy.]

As a side quest, I assume this "Warchieftein" is weaker than what I killed before. I don't want to fight against an enemy that can kill me in only one bite or a creature strong as an elephant.

I only want to fight against an enemy I can beat fair and square on a duel.

But I must first wait until my wounds get better, if not. I don't think I can even survive against a small group of goblins right now.

Thankfully the threat of goblins attacking my lands is over for some time, and now wolves will disappear around me as well.

That means either skeletons or the draugrs will annoy me for the time being. It will most likely be the draugrs.

Giant wolf seems to be the sole reason why draugrs weren't advancing towards my position.

While waiting for the time to come, I can still do things to improve my current conditions.

I pressed my hands to the ground to get up.

Like getting what I can from this.

I opened my arms while looking at the corpse of the giant beast.

Spears are hanging from almost every part of his body, a spiked ball got stuck on its head, and lastly, the walls of spears left little to no usable fur for me.

I pulled out a dagger from my pack and slowly pushed its tip towards the wolf's fur.

Blade cut the fur but stopped when it reached the flesh under it.

"Enough for me."

I pushed off the spear walls. A large cloud of dust and snow raised from the ground as two heavy wooden traps hit the ground.

I said while coughing. "It is no surprise something heavy as these two managed to kill that thing.

I am still surprised about how these spear walls worked this effectively. While that is a good thing, I have one thing that I am concerned about right now.

The last time I checked, my food supplies were empty, and only eating wolf meat for a whole month while waiting for my scars to heal is not that "Healthy."

But what choices do I have?

Once again, I pushed the dagger towards the wolf's body and began processing the material in front of me.

Some blood splattered to my face.

"I will need a new set of clothes after that."

*****

Welcome to the fashion show tonight with my new set of equipment.

I used hundreds of kilograms worth of bones and fur to make something useful and a little stylish.

A cape made out of the pelt I got from the wolf's back (most undamaged part), strengthened by strips of bones inside (for protection against slashes from the back.)

I placed fangs I got from the wolf's mouth at the bottom for decoration. It added a little style into the whole thing.

Finally, two small bones that I use as buttons connect both ends of the cape.

It looks pretty primitive but keeps me warm and will help me in my battles. I can hide both my magic while preparing for it and my weapon.

I used most of the fur to an extent, but here comes the next big question. How the hell I carry all the meat I got from this beast?

The most reasonable thing that comes into my mind is covering its rib cages inside with something and using it to drag the whole thing into my cave.

But that means no blanket for me. The only resource's I currently have are what I can get from this corpse, but that doesn't mean I cannot be creative with what I got.

For example, I can cut some of the pelts into strips and use them to tie bones I will place sideways towards the space between ribs and make myself a barbaric and humongous basket.

Or I could get much meat as I can and move my way, but that will be a massive waste of resources. For more, I must stay sit and recover, and I don't think I can hunt much as I did before, so I also need a large amount of food supply to last me.

I will carry much as I can then.

With all the organs and unusable body parts I will not be using removed from the total body mass, I will still get around 250 kilos worth of meat, and after choosing the only best parts, I can down that to one hundred and fifty kilos or something.

Can I tow all that weight into my base? That's the question. It will most likely last more than one day to bring all these things, but I might.

There is a thin layer of ice behind the snow-covered ground, which decreases the friction.

Also, this place is not far from my cave, and even in a worse scenario. (if the whole thing got stuck in the mud) I can carry everything partially.

But how can I tow this thing? Maybe I should push it from behind rather than pulling from the front.

For fucks sake! Lack of time and resources has never been this amount of pain in my ass?

It is just a simple rope I lack right now. A rope!

"More working, less grumbling. I still need to process all of this meat before maggots or something like that destroys it, and to do that, I must first bring everything into my cave."

Sometimes, I like to talk to myself. While everything I heard is consistent with sounds of the forest creatures, weapons clashing, or creatures screaming at their death.

The sound of a human, even if that's me, helps me to keep my sanity at some level, and I do not want to lose my saneness, especially in this place.

I picked a piece of pelt from the ground. It has lots of holes on it but is still usable.

I placed the pelt on the ground, and with the help of a dagger, I began cutting it into strips.

At most, the strips have the length of forty centimeters (I used my hand's span. While the length I measured might not be correct, it is close to the actual length) or so because the pelt is pretty damaged. I can only cut it into that long before a hole blocks my way.

None to less that doesn't mean I will use other ways to increase the length of the strips.

Crack the small bones and use the pieces as buttons to connect the two strips. Simple, primitive, and effective.

All these processes will take some time, but thankfully the weather is getting warmer, and this new cloak is more than enough to keep me warm.

Chop chop, back to work!

22