Chapter 21: A Deadly Duel And Escape From The Forest
550 0 23
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. "It will be quick."

I opened my eyes again.

Knight was fast, abnormally fast. He closed half of the distance between us.

"I still have the advantage when it comes to the range, thanks to these." I prepared an ice fragment and shot it towards the knight.

Fragment hit the knight but bounced back from his helmet.

"Who could have expected skeletons to have someone powerful as this guy on their side." I readied my weapon and stood my ground as the knight hastily closed the remaining distance.

While I took my stance and prepared my magic, the knight recovered from his confusion and charged towards me directly after it.

He raised his sword and slashed it towards me. I answered his attack with my weapon.

His sword bounced back as it hit the handle, and thankfully it didn't cut it in half.

"Fast but not strong, will be troublesome."

Knight jumped back and swiftly changed his position before his next attack.

"What are you preparing this time."

Knight crouched before his attack and launched himself towards me with insane speed, targetting my legs.

I dodged his attack by jumping to the side and managed to shoot an ice fragment while the knight tried to stop himself on the ground.

But he got faster. He even managed to dodge the incoming fragment, and before I even recovered my stance, he launched himself towards me once again.

This asshole is constantly forcing me to move around. Is he waiting for me to stumble on myself and fall to the ground?

"Well, it is time for ending the game of yours." I thrust my polehammer towards the ground as the knight launched himself.

But the asshole somehow managed to change his direction by pushing himself to the side by attacking the ground with his sword.

With that set of armor, I would probably risk-taking one hit and cutting my enemy's leg, but his move could be a sign of low defensive ability.

I spun my polehammer in the air and swung towards the knight, who was trying to recover his balance.

Once again, he managed to dodge the incoming attack, this guy is a bit too agile, but he is still trying to recover.

"Look! Two players can play the same game." I shouted as I swung my weapon towards him once more.

Knight is jumping left to right, dodging my every attack, but it costs him his balance. Only one mistake, and he will be open for a clean hit.

And here that hit comes.

Knight dodged another attack, but as he landed on the ground, he slipped and fell.

I smiled as the golden opportunity came into my hands. I raised my weapon to the air for the finishing attack.

"I finally caught you, fricking mosquito!"

I began to lose control over my body. My limbs couldn't react to the pulses my brain sent.

Everything began to lose its colors. Stained glasses decorating the huge windows lost their color.

The only color I can see other than grey is a red light spreading from the knight's eye sockets and his claymore.

I blinked.

The flow of time got back to normal, but the knight was out of my sight. I began to turn around to find it.

The only I saw was a red light slashing the air coming towards me, I tried to block it with my weapon, but I wasn't fast enough.

Red light penetrated my clothing and cut some flesh off from my chest, and before I even felt the pain of my wound, a knight appeared in front of me and stabbed me from the stomach.

My view began getting darker as blood started flowing out from my mouth.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

A warm breeze hit my face. Am I not dead?

I slowly opened my eyes. Somehow I survived.

I am sitting on a chair, and I am also in a completely different room, weird.

"I am alive, but how? I must be dead after taking a fatal hit like that!" I managed to talk.

"No, you are not, or you won't be after some time." A deep voice coming from the dark said.

Then a group of silhouettes began to appear. Some of them aren't looking like humans but more like humanoid hybrid creatures.

"We know your story. Gods send you here and expect you to become the villain of their little game, aren't they." A short silhouette talked.

"But something is wrong with you." Another silhouette continued.

"They didn't break you before sending you here." A giant silhouette looking like a humanoid lizard added.

All of them started to speak in one mouth.

"We don't know, what they are planing, but we are offering you a deal."

"I will ask my questions later. What is your deal?" I learned one thing during my stay inside this forest. It is usual for something to make no sense.

I can ask as many questions as I want after saving my ass from here.

"Now, give control of your body to us, the demons and liches of the past. We can't give you power, but we can help you use one you have to the limits."

"Deal."

*****

Right now, I am sitting inside my mind and watching the world from the back of my eyes. I lost control of my body. "Like the dream, I had before."

My eyes opened. My vision is clear, and I can see everything around me.

The blood I lost created a puddle on the floor, but my body still managed to get up from the ground as the knight didn't stab my stomach with his weapon minutes ago.

But I am not the only surprised one inside the room. Even the knight was surprised.

Still, he reacted fast and pointed his sword towards me, ready to attack once again.

My body fired a barrage of ice fragments towards the knight, and every one of them moved like they were homing missiles.

Knight tried to evade this new type of projectiles coming towards him but failed.

My body started to glow in different colors, and various icons began to appear in my sight.

I can feel all the energy flowing through my body even though I can't control it. Something new is coming.

I raised my hand to the air, and purple flames covered the knight's body. He was screaming in pain (somehow) and hitting his head like crazy.

After more screams and hittings knight managed to get out from the effects of the purple flames, my body angered him.

Knight swung his sword towards me, and a series of red projectiles began coming towards me.

My body responded to it with a barrage of ice fragments, and two projectiles clashed with each other, destroying the enemy and themselves.

But all of that was a cover for the knight.

As the knight got close, he leaped forward and slashed his weapon towards me.

My body managed to dodge the incoming attack and kicked the knight from his chest.

The kick was powerful enough to throw the knight away and cause him to roll on the ground.

"At least my body is in good hands. I can finally relax knowing that I won't die, probably."

I was relaxed, but I cannot say the same for my body and the skeleton knight.

The fight began to happen in more extreme places, such as mid-air.

For some reason, the knight decided to climb one of the pillars inside the hall.

My body followed him by climbing another one, thanks to the gloves.

Knight leaped towards me.

My body reacted to this by doing the same thing. Our weapons collided in mid-air, but none of us took damage, and both sides managed to hold onto another pillar before hitting the ground.

The acrobatic show between my body and the knight lasted until my body managed to kick Knight mid-air and smashed him to the ground.

Knight, who's now heavily damaged by gravity, took a defensive stance and began to move away from my body.

His weakness finally showed up. Knight was agile but lacked the strength and endurance.

Hastily, my body reached towards the knight.

Knight tried to recover himself, but my body kicked him in the chest and caused him to stay on the ground.

"You are not going to surrender, don't you?" My body talked.

Knight put his hands on the ground and tried to get up, but a barrage of ice fragments began to hit and pin him down.

He was still trying to fight, but my body was determined to end this fight.

My hand raised to the air, and purple flames once again coated the knight.

Knight is struggling. He is screaming (somehow), punching the floor, trying to get up. I almost felt bad for seeing him in a situation like this.

After seconds of more struggling, the knight stopped moving, and purple flames faded away.

"We did our end of the deal. Wait for our request." Voices echoed inside my head, and with a snap, I got control over my body again.

But I think I am going to faint. My body endured more than it actually could.

I stopped resisting the weight on my top and hit the floor right next to the body of the knight as I collapsed.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

I opened my eyes with a cold breeze hitting my body.

I was lying on the ground. I tried to take a look around. Armor and the claymore of the knight were lying right next to me.

"Spoils of war, heh." I laughed.

I reached the claymore and used it as support the get up from the ground.

It isn't the forest I am trapped inside for months, nor the castle I almost died. That means I escaped from there!

A screen appeared in front of me.

New quest: Find the human town.

23