Chapter 31: Preperations.
310 0 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The remaining soldiers inside the town were no match for Arthur. I don't say my name because he killed all of them before I even managed to kill one.

"What should be our first move," I asked Arthur.

"Remaining supplies inside the town is already enough for three people to pass several winters, but we must find somewhere safe." He answered me.

"So, let's say we found somewhere safe, what we are going to do next, we need allies, just like you said someone needs to support Maria for her claim on the throne."

"I believe some families are still loyal to the throne and will support Maria, but first we need to raise Maria's banner and declare war on people opposing her claim."

Arthur began to move in circles. He is probably thinking about how part of his plan.

I mocked Arthur. "Okay, first we need to secure a fort, then we need to raise an army, then we can capture and fight with other people with forts and armies, how easy is that, like I can't end a day without doing all of this."

"Your sarcastic words will not help us, Lich." He sounds a bit angry. "Of course, it isn't that easy, but we have you right, Lich King." Arthur jokingly bowed towards me.

Now, I need to do most of the responsibilities.

"Okay, okay, I got your point. You want to use armies I will raise, so with that, we can act like Maria has some power in her hands, and helping her might be a good bet to gain some power."

Arthur laughed. "You are possibly the smartest person I know in terms of understanding things, Lich. Now, let's raise some soldiers from their eternal sleep."

"I need a minute, okay."

I am the Lich King. Theoretically, I should be able to use necromancy.

I turned my back and moved far enough so that Arthur could not hear my whisper. "Voice, I need some guidance. Can I raise dead? And if I can, what is the limit?"

Voice didn't answer me, but instead, a blue screen opened in front of me.

Endurance:125
Vitality:70
Mana:50
Estimated strength level:8
Class: Unchosen
Occupation: Lich
Corruption level: N/A
Faith level: 1/5

Passive abilities: Low-level danger sense, Automatic translation, Guide, Mid-level frost resistance

Active abilities: Raise undead, Control undead, punish undead, Ice magic level 2, Fire magic level 1, SOTGW, Tame beast, Control monsters, Break mind.

Buffs: The decreased need for sleep, Decreased need for Food, Increased immunity system, Dark magic resistance, Dark magic affinity, Necromancy resistance, Necromancy affinity

Debuffs: Decreased holy magic resistance

Thankfully, I can raise undead, and I am glad this screen became simpler than before.

I tried to shoo away the screen by sliding my hand over it, but two new screens appeared instead.

Rank: Lich King.

Insanely increased control over the undead.

No limit of raised undead.

Increased mana

Increased Necromancy affinity and resistance

You killed your fifth boss and gained a gift. Make your choice wisely. There won't be a second chance:

A: Slightly increased stats

B: Wand Of Creation

C: Hail Rain

Increased stats are always great, but I can already gain that by killing bosses, and I believe I can learn that magic later too, but a piece of new equipment to my arsenal could be nice.

"I am choosing Wand Of Creation, but first explain to me what it does."
A new screen popped up.

Wand Of Creation: Magical transformer, capable of turning mana into raw materials.

Is this your choice?

"Yes, my choice is still the same. Just give me the wand."

I don't know the exact quantity of materials it will create, but I am glad gunpowder won't be a problem. And with proper equipment, I can process materials it makes and sell them for profit, or I might experiment on some weird weapons.

Suddenly a wooden wand with a gray-colored piece of metal on its tips appeared from thin air.

I hastily put it to a pouch of my pant. I might make a pact with Arthur, but a trump card could be helpful when the time comes.

I turned back to Arthur. "I believe I could do that, so bring the best man you can find for revival service."

Arthur nodded with his head moved towards his dead comrades.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

While Arthur is away, I am looking for horses and supplies with Maria.

She doesn't help much, but she went through some hard things, and I believe she needs to feel like doing something to keep her sanity. So, I allow her to carry some of the things I found or act like she found some of them.

Thankfully town is still full of supplies and carts that can carry them.
Thankfully we killed the group who we supposed that are supposed to bring all of these supplies.

Almost every cart is waiting inside a warehouse. That's good news because I can carry weapons, food, money, jewelry, fuel, maybe some books, etc. Into one place and load them into the carts with ease.
But there is still a problem there are no horses to pull these carts around.

"Maria, do you see any horses. Because you know we need horses to carry all of this." I looked at the things we found together, six supply carts, which loaded to their limit.

"I saw horses." Now, that's great news! "But I think they are dead." And here goes the mood.

But wait. Can't I raise horses from the dead as well? That could be possible.

"Okay, I want you to show me where did you saw that horses. Cause I think I might revive them."

She pointed out another warehouse. "That's the town stable. I saw horses there, but how are you going to revive them." She asked with the curiosity of a child.

"You don't need to know about it. Wait here for me."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

I raised every usable dead horse then grabbed what we could from the town with Maria. After that, we finally met with Arthur at the town's gates.

"You don't need to carry hundreds of corpses outside." I pointed at the small hill of dead soldiers.

"Neither you need to collect every bit of supply this town had." He pointed out the five merchant carts full of supplies I gathered with Maria. "Also, I only bring the people I believe strong enough."

He has a point. Every dead enemy soldier Arthur brought had proper armor and weapons.

"You got your point, so please move from there a bit, and I will raise them from the death."

I opened and raised both of my hands into the air. Green flames began to come out from my hand and began to spread towards the corpses.

Ones who green fire completely wrapped began to get up from the ground, in a way seen in cliche zombie movies.

I am happy that I can resurrect in big groups, but my mana bar is draining at an insane speed, and my stomach is trying to kill me right now.

"Danger: Doing a large number of resurrections in a short time can damage the user both mentally and physically. Not overdoing is highly recommended." Voice warned me.

I can feel the side effects of this warning, but I don't care about mental health. My stomach is hurting me enough. I am barely keeping myself away from puking.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

"And that will be the last one of them," I proudly looked at the last reanimated corpse getting up. "Now, if you allow me, I will puke somewhere far and try not to throw off one of my kidneys while doing it."

I rushed to a corner and began puking everything I had inside my stomach.

Arthur looked at his comrades. He moved towards them, touched their armor, fixed their posture, shooed away the dust over their clothes with his hand, etc. He is having a hard time accepting all this mess.

I left where I puked and moved towards the cart where I loaded the water barrels and washed my mouth. "This felt good."

"I am ready to go, but to where?" I asked.

"Anywhere we can hide," Arthur said. "If we managed to hide Maria, contacting with possible loyal nobles will be easy.

"I believe you don't know anywhere to hide, don't you?"

A smug appeared on Arthur's face. "there is one." He pulled out a large map and put it down. "You see that fortress." Pointed at a small castle drawing. "It is inside the Lost Forest, which is not too far from us, and long as we clear the monsters inside, we can hide there."

I looked at the forest. I don't want to believe it, but that's probably the forest I escaped.

Yes, everything is matching.

"Arthur, I believe we don't even need to fight a single monster to go this fort. It might even be beneficial." I already killed the boss monster ruling the fortress, and inside of it is filled with undead. What good can happen to me this day?

Arthur was surprised because of my answer. "But, how? We consider there as a dungeon because of the amount of the monsters living there."
Now it is my time to take a smug face. "Don't worry about it. You learn it when we go there. Now prepare Maria, we will move.

13