Chapter 19:Draugrs. Again.
458 0 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It is a great day, why? Because I can comfortably sleep on a bed (layers of animal pelt stacked on top of a big piece of wood,) and I don't need to worry about some creature killing me in my sleep thanks to my new walled and doored shelter.

I worked hard in the last few days. I spent all my time processing all that wood or designing a hinge made from wood with my limited tools. I did all for this place.

But it ended up great, and now I have a working door and a shelter with proper heating. While my food stock is limited to not that tasty dried wolf meat, I am still happy with what I got.

I worked from nothing but a swiss army knife and my lighter to safe shelter and equipment for many purposes.

But something I am waiting for with excitement is coming.

Today marks the end of the eighteenth day of my recovery, and thankfully the last day. The wound on my chest finally recovered, and it left a scar which will make a good story for me to tell other people.

If I ever have the chance of seeing other people.

That's why I should do my best. To escape from here and reconnect with the humans.

I began getting bored of this little game of constantly fighting and trying to survive, and the only way to escape seems to be succeeding on the missions given to me by the Voice.

Now talking about missions, what was my next target? I do not remember it well.

Voice, who never talked, not even once, on my recovery, suddenly decided to answer.

"Draugr Warcheiftein." It said.

While it is horrifying, that thing answered my thought. I must turn a blind eye for now and act like it is a feature that will make things easier.

"Then, all-knowing Voice. Where can I find this foul beast which will be my next opponent." I asked another question with a mocking tone this time.

There was no answer but the compass and the map on the top left of my sight glowing.

"Of course, I do have these things. I forget about them because I never needed to use them anyways."

Like the three colored bars, which I never needed to check out., thankfully, my body is healthy enough to know when I am hurt or tired.

But the mana bar could be beneficial. Well, it could be if I knew spells that require a large amount of mana. Then I can give more attention to the tracking of this bar.

Pass that topic, how the actual hell I use that compass and the map. Other than annoying me by staying in front of my vision, they were not helpful to me before.

As I finished my thought, the map and compass moved towards the front of my sight.

"Error," Voice said. "User is unable to do this function." It continued.

While it isn't the first time the knowledge or functions kept away from me, but it is annoying as ever.

I don't know what being, or if I even call something with the ability to allow something like that a being. "If you give me an ability like this, then at least make it work properly first!" I shout to the air.

"Then." I started. "Things didn't change a bit after all. A little strength and little tricks were all I got, but more than enough for me."

I already have the needed equipment. If it is wearing armor, crack its head with my mace. If not, then between third and fourth ribs will do good enough for my shortsword.

"And in case of need more." I grabbed my polehammer with both hands and began spinning it. "This will do it."

After a short preparation, I left my shelter.

"Then where should I go."

I lack the information about the Draugr Warcheiftein's location. Still, I lived here long enough to have some clues.

I must find a patrol group then follow them to their bases. Thick forest, long trees, and my gloves (with the ability to increase my grip strength in an incredible amount) are working in my favor in this scenario.

"And as almost I was going to say, all I need was a group Draugrs on patrol. They came to me."

A small group of Draugrs is currently approaching my shelter. A grave mistake, I say.

While they carry different weapons, none of them are wearing proper armor. That means, long as I keep killings short and evade getting attacked by multiple Draugrs, it will be a cakewalk.

With my shortsword on my left hand and magic getting prepared on the right one, I began approaching towards the draugrs as well.

Snow is crunching as I take another step. A cold breeze gently caressed my face and waved my hair.

With both my hands under the cloak, I have the element of surprise on my hand.

The first Draugr got into my range.

The monster opened his mouth, and a warcry echoed through the forest, then it raised its weapon and began running towards me.

"Neither your warcry is scary, nor your presence as a warrior is threatening. I am not scared."

As Draugr almost reached me and slashed his weapon (a one-handed battle ax) towards me.

With a swift move, I evaded the attack simply by taking a step back.

"Neither you have a good technic."

With a sudden move, I released the magic I was hiding under my cloak and fired the ice fragment towards the Draugrs face.

With a high velocity, the ice fragment hit Draugrs forehead and penetrated its skull a little bit, it wasn't enough to kill it but enough to stun it. So, I finished the Draugrs life.

I dashed forward and stabbed the Draugr from its chest.

"Next one," I said while pushing the Draugr away while pulling out my sword from its chest.

Another Draugr moved forward and began swinging its weapon towards me like crazy.

I evaded the first attack, but another came right after it. Once more, I escaped from the attack by moving away from it, step by step.

Meanwhile, I am slowly preparing another magic attack inside my cloak, and if it is strong enough to damage the skull, a shoot to the throat can kill it.

Draugr is still attacking nonstop while its other friends slowly close the distance and circle me. I must kill it at the first opportunity.

"Now!" I said and blocked the next attack.

Our weapons clashed in the air, and the sound of metal echoed through the forest.

I have the upper hand when it comes to physical power, but Draugr still decided to lock our weapons and challenge me into a contest of strength.

So I devasted it!

I pushed its weapon to a point where it almost touched his neck, then with a sudden move. I caused Draugr to drop its weapon.

Monster, angry because it dropped its weapon, decided to shout, but before it began shouting. Ice fragment penetrated his throat and came out from the other side.

The Draugr collapsed right after it and raised a small cloud of dust and snow.

"That makes two, and three is ready to go." I turned around and looked at the three Draugrs still surrounding me and slowly approaching me from all sides.

"Then it might be a good idea to switch weapons."

I dropped my sword to the ground, and from my back, I pulled out the big gun, my polehammer.

"Let the actual begin, shall we?"

Three Draugrs jumped towards me at the same time.

I dodged the first one by jumping away, then blocked the other Draugr and pushed it away.

"Will not be enough for me."

I forgot about the third Draugr, who slashed his weapon towards my back.

"Fuck..."

Its weapon hit my cloak but bounced back as it hit the bones I placed for extra protection.

Now my chance came once again.

I raised then struck my polehammer towards the Draugr I just pushed away. Poor thing tried to block the incoming attack, but his weapon was just too short for it.

The beak of the polehammer penetrated its skull as it hit, then I pulled my weapon and unintentionally Draugr towards myself.

I put my foot on the Draugrs chest and kicked it away while pulling the polehammer with both my hands to free my weapon.

That caused the beak stuck inside the Draugrs skull to damage further its head and destroy its head even more, as I pulled my weapon out.

Dried flesh, brain chunks, and fragments of human skull scattered around.

"One more is down," I said. "Come one, keep coming!" I shout with a sudden burst of adrenalin.

I am more than happy to kill every single of these creatures right now, but I must keep my focus on the battle for now.

My attack was strong and effective as it was slow, and the recovery time was long enough for the other two to chamber me once again.

Once again, Draugrs jumped towards me with weapons in their hand at the same time.

I blocked the first attack using my weapon and pushed that Draugr away. Thankfully these mindless abominations are no match for me when it comes to strength.

But they are still a threat to me.

I evaded the next attack coming from my back and kicked that Draugr from its leg.

As my kick landed on the Draugrs leg, I heard a crack. "Great," I said as I looked at the Draugr that almost hit the ground.

With this opportunity, I directed the tip of my polehammer towards the Draugr and pierced its chest with a powerful thrust from my weapon.

"Only one is left."

I turned towards the last Draugr.

Something's wrong, I said to myself.

That last Draugr is slowly moving away from me while roaring like a wild beast. I don't know what is happening, but it seems like it is in great pain.

"A strong enemy is nearby." Voice alerted me.

And as my warning ended, a powerful, red light began covering the Draugrs body.

I directed my polehammer towards the Draugr and took a step back.

"Now, that's not a good sign."

9