Chapter 47: First Victory on Our Way to Freedom.
144 0 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Send the beasts, break their line and kill them before they can react! We only need to push a little harder, brothers. Freedom is waiting for one step away from us!"

And Mud walkers began charging towards the stairs where the enemy created a defensive line.

 As our beasts, with their shining metal hard scales and massive bodies, charge towards them like a truck, they can only pray to survive this attack.

But one man is charging even in front of the largest Mud walkers. Silvertower. After humanity betrayed his race and slaved all of his kin, this ancient dwarven king attacks with wrath I have never seen before.

With his giant weapon, he tears away the enemy defenses and charges middle of the enemy lines.

Anyone unlucky enough to be targeted by his maul is turning into a paste after a single hit.

But wardens are still fighting because they know there is no turnback. It is either victory or death for every single one of them.

"Take this beast down! Attack!" A warden shouted as it thrust his spear towards the Silvertower.

Several of the other wardens, who circled the Silvertower, followed the man and began attacking him from far with spears.

Crossbowman and archers who positioned at the upper stairs stopped attacking the troops marching from behind and concentrated their fire towards the Silvetower.

But even after all the metal cutting his skin and countless arrows and bolts piercing through his flesh, Silvertower is still standing in his place, killing every warden he attacks with one swing of his weapon.

And his strength boosts the morals of our troops as they sing battle cries for his name while charging towards the enemy lines right behind our cavalry.

"For the freedom, for the mountain breaker, for the Lich King, march to your death, took one step forward and pierce the hearth of the enemy with your weapons, and take one more to free yourself."

There isn't simply anything better to hear as your troops break through the enemy lines and kill every enemy stands front of them.

Mud walkers charges and breaks a line, then dwarfs rush to the empty spaces and begin killing the unorganized enemy, and at the same time, undead and human troops from behind rallies through and sweep the remaining enemy.

"That's enough rioting for today."

Blue magical chains break through the ground and walls, then begins attacking our troops.

Their masses are enough to crush a soldier, and with one swing, this unexpected danger throws tens of our men down to the stairs, if not splitting their bodies into two as they hit.

Even the mighty Mud walkers are getting crushed like a bug as chains covers and squeeze them into death like a piton.

But the man behind these chains showed himself.

"As I said before, this riot ends right here right now." A man landed in the middle of the ground.

So, that's the Executioner. He is the one responsible for the fortresses management.

 But unlike his name, this man looks like a gentleman with his clothing and posture, a three-piece suit, jet-black hair with a short haircut, and two black leather gloves, simple but nice.

But one thing is crucial. He doesn't carry either a weapon or armor.

That could be because of his usage of magic rather than weapons like most of us, but considering how strong he is at magic, I don't think he did a bad thing by removing the extra weight.

Still, no threat can stop us.

"No, Executioner, you are not preventing any riots today. I, the Lich King, is here to end everything for good."

My answer was a quick one. Set of chains breaking the ground and attacking me from every direction.

"Frozen skin." I touched towards crucial parts of my body, and ice plates covered suddenly appeared. I will take a risk and see how good they are against the chains.

And with a loud sound, the chains that broke the ground, launched themselves towards me with a high speed only to be stopped by the ice plates.

"So they are not only absorbing the first attack but the shock behind it as well."

The executioner was surprised much me as well. He wasn't expecting my ice plates to stop his chains.

"I am surprised." He began talking with a sound with some enjoyment in it. "They told me about you being a necromancer when you first came here, but I must say, I wasn't expecting that much fun from you."

"And what is the fun you are talking about right now? We are only getting started."

Executioner smiled, "Believe me, Lich, this won't even be a fight." Then hundreds of chains began appearing from every of his body, lifting him to the air. "Because you are not my equal, nor none of you!"

He launched himself forward like an arrow, using his chains.

He covers his chest, arms, every part of his body except his head with chains that he uses almost like they were a natural part of his body.

The executioner slammed himself towards me like a hammer, then the floor shattered, and small pebbles and dust scattered everywhere.

I dodged the incoming attack, but it was a close one. Without my sword, I am not fast as I was before. Therefore, I must act carefully, especially against an enemy like him.

"Come on, Lich, dance with me!" He pointed his arms towards me and launched several chains.

I deflected incoming attacks with my weapon, but deflecting was not enough.

Chains changed launched themselves towards me once again while being in mid-air.

I barely managed to dodge the incoming chains this time. And if it wasn't for the ice plates. They probably managed to hit some vital parts of my body.

I am not enjoying this fight, not even a second of it. Fighting against someone who can attack you from far without getting closer feels too unfair, but I cannot say the same for him.

The executioner is maniacally laughing as he sends countless chains after countless chains towards me. "Dance for me! Dance with my chains. Hahahahaha."

I will need to be more creative with what I have right now.

But my arsenal is limited as it was never before.

"Or is it?"

"Fionnlagh, I call your aid."

Wyvern screeched and began diving towards the executioner from the air like a falcon.

"Waiting for your pets to save you, how pathetic." The executioner turned towards Fionnlagh and sent chains towards the diving Wyvern.

"No, I am not counting on them to save me, but to create a small distraction."

I threw the spear made out of fire towards the executioner. Magical projectile split the air with a whistle and exploded as it hit his chest.

The impact of the explosion threw the executioner away and allowed Fionnlagh to grab him.

Wyvern flew towards the air much as he could, then threw the man from the sky, leaving rest to the gravity.

But this man is a sturdy son of a bitch, and his chains look like they can do anything.

He launched several chains to the ground and stopped his fall just before hitting the ground.

"It will be foolish for you to think you can kill me with something like-

I hit him with a strong swing of my weapon. "And you will be a fool to think that I will watch you recover yourself. Fionnlagh keeps attacking!"

We gained the upper hand.

Before letting the executioner recover himself, eitherFionnlagh or I attack him and push him harder.

Every time he tries to stand up, I will land another blow with my hammer, and every time he tries to attack with his chains, the ice-cold breath of Fionnlagh forces him to defend himself.

"Enough!" He screamed with pain and launched every chain he had towards Fionnlagh and me.

Thousands of magical chains, coming from every direction, managed to grab the Wyvern and slammed the beast to the ground. I was a bit luckier as I managed to dodge the first wave.

"You already lost this battle. Look at the stairs and see how my army pierces through your man's last desperate attempts of defense. Look how thousands of prisoners are rushing out from their cells and joining my lines."

"Nothing is finished before I die!"

The executioner concentrated all of his chains into one entity as I closed the gap between us.

"For the goddess of light watching me from the heavens. I release the chain that holds the embodiment of evil in his prison! Demon BREAKER!"

The giant chain he concentrated on launched forward with the speed of thunder. Thing destroyed everything. It even dug a massive straight hole while coming towards me.

I tried to dodge the giant chains, but I wasn't fast enough.

Both the polehammer and my prosthetic arm got destroyed by the trainlike entity. Still, nothing happened to my body, so I kept charging forward.

The executioner was screaming in pain while the giant chain kept coming out from his body, draining every bit of mana and life it still had on the way out.

"And, everything is over." I took my last step towards the enemy and grabbed him from the neck.

Suddenly giant chain coming out of his body turned into dust and disappeared as I lifted and slammed him to the ground.

Fucker still had some energy to talk.

"No one, no one will take this fortress away from my hands!"

"I don't think the same." I stomped his head and killed the man. Even after all of that magical power, he was still fragile as glass.

With victory acquired, I looked towards stairs, where I saw the last wardens getting thrown from the top floors, where they eventually crash to the ground and turn into a paste because of the impact.

Now free prisoners were letting all the banners representing the one who controlled this fortress before, and they were singing a song.

"And we marched our way to victory, under the wings of Lich, now as a freeman, it is our destiny that we gained, it is our fate that we will shape."

Let them be happy for now, while I need to make plans because now I have twenty thousand stomachs to fed and a war to win.

Even after a great victory, I don't have the luxury of resting even a day.

8