Extra Chapter: Farming and Forging.
144 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It has been a week since we fend the first siege laid on our gate. And our victory didn't cost much, while the information, resources, and new undead soldiers we gained afterward had a pretty good effect on us.

 

I will list some of those effects. 

 

First, and most important. Our morale increased a lot. With that, I see people working harder now.

 

Secondly, the enemy left their supplies while escaping, these supplies being: Wood, food, weapons and armor, maps, other goods that we could use such as ink or paper.

 

Third and finally, the new undead army I raised will work as a disposable shield wall. Thus the casualties of our living soldiers will decrease.

 

But I shouldn't let that good news conquer my mind and keep working. I still need a whole working farm for supplying food, new equipment, and other resources to make new weapons.

 

And find the imposters among us. I win the last battle with my surprise tool. I don't know if I can win the next one with such ease.

 

But back to improving our new home.

 

"So, Silvertower, what do you think about this. Do you think we can build it?" I placed my finger on the sketch I drew.

 

My current topic is farming and farming tools. But to make you understand everything better, let me tell you a conversation I did five days ago.

 

"I suppose creating the new farming area is going great." 

 

I entered a work zone. Workers are cutting down giant mushrooms and working with the ground to create a farm field.

 

I respect their hard work, but they are behind schedule for some reason. The water distribution system is ready, and there is not even a single seed placed.

 

But, I lack knowledge about farming, and that's why I am here asking about the details. If I can fix something, I want to.

 

"Sadly, my lord, it is not." The man I  have given the task of leading the process greeted me. "These mushrooms are just too damn hard, and the ground is even sturdier. We are swinging our tools till our arms won't work, but that's best we can do."

 

"You should have said that to me earlier. I could always spare some resources for progress. I will send some Mud Walkers with plows." 

 

I didn't use a plow before, but their design is relatively simple, and I can build draw from the memory of the history class.

 

I should have thought about building a plow a long time ago.

 

"But about trees, I cannot do something about it except send more hands to help." 

 

 

"Thank you, my lord, your generous help will save us lots of time, and we might finish things in time with your offerings." The man was grateful, but he shouldn't be.

 

"Even a Lich cannot survive without food. I only do my part of the deal, improve and protect our society, and now you go back to your part, working."

 

 

I left the man and immediately changed my course where Silvertower is. With his advanced iron smithing abilities, we can make a plow in no time.

 

And thanks to my Wyvern friend, distances inside the city are almost nonexistent. With his speed, we can go anywhere inside with ease.

 

I like this place and similar sounds, especially from our ironsmiths. I love the sound that came out when they hit a blazing hot piece of steel with their hammers.

 

"Silvertower! Stop what the hell are you doing and help me." Fionnlagh landed next to the forge, where Ancient Dwarven King is currently working.

 

 

 

"What do you need this time! I am working on something!" The sound of the hammer he was swinging was almost loud as his voice.

 

But seeing him working with everything he has is sort of nice. His loyalty means a lot to me, especially after all the times someone tried to stab me from the back.

 

Like when that fire guy tried to kill everyone, or when the people Arthur considered our allies cut my arm, destroyed my army, then locked me here to be a slave for the rest of my life, and the person I still haven't found but telling our plans to outside.

 

 

"I need tools, big ones, so stop the hell are you making for now." 

 

 

"I can't do that right now! Go and forge your damn tools for now, and what the hell do you even need right now?" 

 

Sounds of a hammer hitting blazing hot iron became louder.

 

"I need a plow, actually a couple of them. For farming." I moved closer to him to see what Silvertower works.

 

 

 

It appears my giant friend is still at the start of his project as a piece of metal, glowing like the sun is still on a rectangle shape.

 

 

"You need plows for what?" That idiot asked like they have other use than farming.

 

 

"For flying! Of course, for farming, you idiot, do these things have other abilities than groundwork?"

 

 

I don't think anything will come out from our conversation for now. I should do the job myself.

 

Like hell, I know tool forging.

 

But how hard could that be? I only need to take a piece of metal, place it under the power hammer, and beat it until it takes the shape I want.

 

 

--------

 

 

I ordered some workers to prepare iron for me, then grabbed some undead from the upper floor for the power hammer.

 

Undead might be useless in many cases, but they are great meatshields, and these never-tiring nightmares are also great for jobs like turning a shaft for hours.

 

 

Now here comes the final part. I will forge two separate pieces and connect them to craft my plows blade. 

 

"Start." And with my voice, undead began turning the shaft, starting the power hammer.

 

 

And machine began pounding the blazing iron piece with fury. With each hit, a  hot metal piece flew out.

 

After countless more hits, the metal finally took the shape I wanted. So I grab it with a tool and throw it into the water.

 

With a strong hiss, a cloud raised from the water. It is still boiling, but iron should be cold enough right now.

 

"Now, that looks decent enough, and it doesn't even need to be sharp like a sword. I only need to make a second piece, and." 

 

The footsteps of a giant are slowly approaching.

 

"Oh, Silvertower, are you done with your work. I just finished my first piece, what do you thi-

 

Silvertower grabbed me from the shoulder and threw me away.

 

"What the hell are you doing!" He shouts. "In my long life of working with iron, I have never seen something this disrespectful as this! Go away from my forge. I will prepare your tool. Just stay away."

 

I hastily moved away from the forge and jumped on Fionnlagh's back. "It appears that I am not wanted here boy, let's go back to what we are good at."

 

I don't know what I did, but my unskillful work angered my Dwarven friend so much that he stopped working on his project just for me to stay away from ironwork.

 

Well, I can use this extra time to inspect the documents we got from the enemy siege camp after our victory.

 

There may be clues about where Arthur is. I want to find him. There are thousands of questions I need to ask.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

6