Explosive Idiot – Part 1
76 4 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Thursday, May 14th

The moment Hitomi entered her home, she advanced directly to her room, feeling troubled despite her calm exterior.

"...It happened again." She whispered while biting her thumb's fingernail.

Izuku and her, once again, started to basically flirt with each other like fools.

It was as if they couldn't talk for lengthy periods without ending up complimenting each other. Which was nice, because receiving compliments stroked her ego and teasing him was fun... But it also made her feel weird afterwards.

"He likes me. I'm sure of it... And I can't just ignore it forever." Resolving such a situation would be easy. She just needed to confront Izuku and tell him she didn't feel the same... However, she was not 100% sure that was the case anymore. "...I don't have the time for this." She sighed. "I'll let future me deal with this mess." Hitomi advanced to her bed just to find a Siamese cat lying in the middle of it. "Mio, get down off my bed." She said, glaring at the cat, but the blue-eyed animal limited to stare at her lazily and then moved slightly to the border of the bed. "...You're lucky of being so cute." She lay down in the free space on the bed, next to Mio, and hugged the cat against herself. "Stupidly adorable furball." She relaxed with the sound of Mio's purring. "...I just need to keep my act together, and I'll be fine."


'Fine, my ass! Why am I here?'. Standing awkwardly in front of Izuku's classroom, glaring at anyone that looked at her funny... In other words, everyone!

Fortunately, it didn't take too much for Izuku to appear.

"S-Shinsou-san?" He seemed surprised. Understandable. It was the first time she got closer to him out of the club-room.

"'Morning, Midoriya..." She said, ignoring Izuku's classmates staring at her as if she was the Hachishakusama or something.

They weren't subtle at all... Were they acting like that because of her? Or because she was talking to Izuku?

"G-Good morning, too!" He gave her a small nod.

"Hmm. Going to breakfast?"

"Oh. Y-Yeah... Is something the matter?" He tilted his head with curiosity. The guy probably thought she only wanted to ask him about something Quirk-related...

Which was kind of funny, because when she first looked for Izuku's help, she had intended to keep things professional and business-focused... But now, that wasn't the case anymore. Now she wanted to be closer to Izuku at a personal level.

'Because you can't work properly with someone if you don't understand them. So this is just something I'm doing for my own good'. She thought, justifying herself for what she was about to do.

"...Not really. Just wanted to invite you to eat together." She said, her tone even, trying to maintain her mind blank of useless/weird thoughts.

She wasn't successful.

"...Y-You want to eat with me?" He said in a faint tone, sounding perplexed.

"Yeah, why not? If you aren't busy..."

The truth was that, beyond any of her personal feelings about it, this was something necessary from an objective point of view. After all, Izuku was still awkward around her most of the time. So hanging out together on their free time could help to make him get used to her so things would run smoother.

And yeah... She wanted to hang out more with him, anyway.


After stumbling in his words like there was no tomorrow, Izuku finally accepted.

Then she guided him to the place where she usually ate; a garden in the back part of the General Department building. All the while, the poor guy looked as if being carried to the slaughterhouse.

"Here we are." She sat on a bench. "This place is pleasant, and people rarely come around so we won't be bothered here." That was the reason she preferred to eat in that place.

It was easy for her to relax and lower her guard while being in there. But that didn't seem to be Izuku's case if the choking sound he let out was a sign. Hitomi looked at him with curiosity.

'...Oh'. Her face reddened the moment she understood his reaction. She just brought him to a secluded place and even said something shady like 'we won't be bothered here'. So he was having weird thoughts... And now she was too.

"I mean, I'm not exactly close to my classmates, so I prefer to eat by myself." She explained, trying to disperse the situation. "What about you, Izuku?" And suddenly, she wanted to disappear.

She just slipped and called him by his first name again! ...It was as if her mind was getting used to calling him 'Izuku' while they were alone.

That could be problematic.

"I g-get along fine enough with them." He shrugged, ignoring or at least trying to ignore what she just did.

"Really?" He didn't sound that sure of it.

"Yeah... A-Ah. But I guess they are k-kinda, eh, intimidated by me."

"...Hmm." She supposed Izuku could be intimidating intellectually, but still... "Do they think you'll beat the shit out of them with your karate or something?"

"E-Eh, hehe. N-Not exactly." He scratched the back of his head. "Sorry, I haven't m-mentioned it before, but I'm, ah... A r-recommended student."

And that was enough to let her dumbfounded.

"...I didn't even know that the General Department had a recommendation program." She recognised.

"It hasn't." He said, happy but flustered. "I-I was a rare case."

"Huh? I don't know why I'm surprised... You are amazing like that." She whispered the last part.

"W-What?"

"That your food will get cold, I-, Midoriya." She took her bento out of her bag. While he nodded and did the same, opening it with a shy smile on his face. "...What do you have?" She looked at the box's content. It was nothing special perse, pretty much the same her mother normally cooked for her. But the arrangement... "Pffffttt!" She tried to hold her laugh.

'Have a wonderful school day, Izuku' was written over the rice's portion using soy sauce. And the vegetables were cut in the undeniable form of All Might's head. It was both cute and funny... And it gave her a reason to tease Izuku, so it was even better.

"Adorable... Not going to lie, your mom did a great job."

"...S-She always overdoes it like this, even when I don't stop t-telling her I'm not a small k-kid anymore." He said, his face boiling in embarrassment.

"You can't win against mothers. And you aren't precisely tall so you'll have to deal with it." She said with a smirk and opened her bento... And wanted to eat her own words.

"...I-Is something-?" Izuku looked at her and immediately noticed her bento... Her cat-themed bento. "Oh... I g-guess you were right, hehe. You just can't win a-against them." He laughed softly. "But I doubt height has a-anything to do with it."

"...I like cats. Cats are cool." She tried to say something to justify herself, but such a lame thing was the only that came to her mind. So she just started eating.

"...D-Do you have a cat, Shinsou san?" He asked and took a bite of his food.

"Actually, I do. Her name is Mio." She answered. "...How did you know?"

"J-Just guessed. You look l-like a cat-person, Shinsou-san." He commented.

"Do I...? What does 'looking like a cat-person' even means?" She asked, squinting her eyes.

"Just, eh, y-you know."

"No, I don't. Please elaborate." She smirked, enjoying his nervous face.

"You... Are k-kinda like a cat." He said, finally.

"Huh... Midoriya, I'm a cat owner, and I'm still not sure if that was supposed to be a compliment or not."

"I-It is!" He exclaimed. "Kinda... W-What I mean, is that you are a really independent and strong-willed individual, w-with this cool but calm presence around yourself. And d-despite being a relatively nice person you are also temperamental if ones consider w-what happened with Todoroki yesterday." The more Izuku explained, the more nervous he looked. "So, it g-gave me the impression you can be quite, eh, fickle. Always doing only what you want to do, without caring what others say or do, like-."

"A cat?" She lifted an eyebrow.

"Y-Yeah... Sorry if I o-offended you!" He bowed at her.

"He. I would... If you weren't completely right." He sighed in relief... However, it was embarrassing that he understood her so well. "You seem more like a dog-person to me, though."

"D-Do I?" He pointed at himself.

"Yes, you do... I won't explain why."

"T-That's unfair." He frowned slightly.

"You are better off not knowing why." She smirked while he 'glared' at her... When he wasn't being his more serious self, he reminded her of a puppy. "And in any case, I like dogs too."

4