Arc I: Chapter 4, Wind Magician, an Invitation
30 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The day I was supposed to shop around in Jewels neared dusk. I luckily met up with Kou and Yatori who... well, when I met up with them, it was best to say that matched a young lady and a loyal or maybe close servant. Besides that, I spent the entire day with Ai with no results in finding her parents or guardian. 

We returned to Jewels de Lapins together. Today, after much consideration, I decided that I was going to spend the next day trying to return Ai with her family. So I got a small cake and some drinks for Ai. I wanted to get as much information on who I could look for. Currently  I discovered that Ai was from a small family of two. Their parents passed away when Ai was young, and her sister took care of her. Her sister Asashio, was just slightly older than I was right now, and also possessed black hair like Ai, and like me.

Though I still needed to know what Ai's sister did. "Do you know what your sister does?" I asked Ai.

"I..." Ai silently looked down... "I... don't know." Ah... "I just know Asashio travels around a lot and frequents the capital and the castle a lot. She takes me everywhere she goes." Travels, and could travel into the castle of the Holy Kingdom... Perhaps my judgement of their rank or importance was off... A merchant that could walk into the castle of the Holy Kingdom. 

"Thank you Ai..." I slumped down onto the inn's chair. The table with a small cake I got for Ai shook as I laid my arms down on it. Knowing what Ai's sister ferried would be helpful. "Lastly... Do you have any idea--," 

"Where is my sister!" Huh--! "YOU! What are you doing with my adorable Ai!" 

What--... a girl stood at the door,--why does she have her sword drawn? No, actually, why is she wielding a small fireball on her left hand? All this made me quickly move in front of Ai in a protective instinct, as my 12 shards foamed in front of me, all directed towards that girl... 

... Taking into her words now, after I took the situation in hand and prepared measures for any worse case scenario, "... Apologizes--would you perhaps be Asashio?" I politely asked that strange, mysterious girl... 

"Yes. Now hand me over Ai!" Asashio yelled.

... behind me I saw Yatori rush in front of me with his sword... "Huh--? What is Asashio of the Wind doing here?" Yatori--? Huh...? Asashio of the Wind...? Who is that...? "Please Asashio of the Wind, please consider negotiations. I wish our family's inn not to be damaged." Huh...

The girl, Asashio, slowly put her sword down, and the small fireball on her left hand dissipated. I also took it to myself to remove my hostilities and move to let Asashio see Ai. A clear line to Asashio formed, with me slightly to the side and Yatori behind me.

Ai stood still and looked between me and Asashio... Ai started walking forward towards Asashio--? "No! Tenshi was so kind and nice! I don't want to go back to you!" I suddenly felt a harsh glare directed right at me as Ai's arms went around my waists...

Eh, what to do... What could I suggest to Ai to go back to her sister?... sigh, maybe I should speak to her sister instead. "Here--... eh... how about we talk this through...?" I suggested as I softly pulled Ai's arms off and pulled out a chair to our original table. "It really is just a simple story..." 

Asashio sat down at the table with the three of us. Her harsh stare now gone, replaced with a  "Apologizes... My name is Asashio Kito, and here... well, is Aikito Kito." Asashio introduced herself and Ai... Aikito. 

With introductions, "It is fine Lady Asashio... My name is..." I told myself before... I wasn't going to go by my name. Last names were indicators of Noblity, so... "Tenshi. Pleased to meet you." I politely introduced myself.

... thus, I spent an entire night trying to explain myself today on how I found Aikito and how I simply just let Aikito spend the entire day shopping... as well as how I spent the day also shopping for Ai and brought her back to the inn once I was done. I left out Kou and Yatori, but... Yatori also supported my story.

Asashio, after hearing my story silently sat still. "... I am so sorry, thank you for taking care of Asashio... I am so sorry that I lashed out at you for no reason Tenshi..." 

... Well, it certainly was hasty assumptions, but... "I understand, as an older sibling myself." I quietly took a sip of the tea Yatori made for us three. "Though please spend some time to observe and be patient..." I told Asashio.

... before long, our conversation became a lecture... Well, I should say a one-sided lecture from me to be observant of what you do and your surroundings. 

We were mostly done, as I planned to wrap up this conversation. "This was a pleasant conversation; I should get goin--!" Asashio suddenly grabbed my arm.

"Oh, I should take you to the capital! I am sure the Holy Magician would love to see you and your sister with her Magic Potential. Her power as a Magician would easily let her see the Holy Magician!" She--...

... Grr--!...

"Is--..." Ai muttered besides me. In front of me, the person who grabbed my arm and mentioned Kou, my sister,  moved and remained froze... Asashio spoke, "I... ahem, would you not like to visit the capital city?" 

I shook my head... Kou and Magic, why is it always that? Magic Potential attracts like magnets, thus someone with high Magic Potential can seemingly detect others. If the name Asashio of the Wind is true, and she can use advanced and high class Wind-Type Magic, her Magic Potential should definitely be strong enough to detect Kou. If... Kou goes, she would more than definitely be forced into service, like the Empire...

... I took it in... "Asashio of the Wind... correct?" My question replied to be a, 'yes'. "What are you doing here instead of being used in the military? Why would the Holy Kingdom of Astera not use Magicians like you?" 

"Thats..." Silence... Even Yatori who was at the drinking counter could feel the tension here... "... From what I heard, many of the Holy Kingdom officials misjudged this war... They didn't send the right amount of forces to force peace, and the general they sent to lead the war was unqualified for his job. Now, the war is easily in control with a new, excellent general with addition forces." 

... The Kawachi Empire, for it's size, was thought to be an easy victory to sue for peace? I... understood that the Kawachi Empire started this as a war of conquest, but all the Holy Kingdom of Astera wished for was peace? 

Asashio moved back and bowed. "... Sorry for not stating it clearly; I wasn't suggesting this as a way to get your sister into our country's military. I was simply just suggesting this as a good-will visit..." Even hearing it... I still felt... wary.

... everything as it is... Knowing that this war is as good as won in the Holy Kingdom, I don't need any leverage to pass by conscription. Yet... Countless experiences and countless nights I've watched alone has made me wary...

"I'll keep your offer in mind... though if I do go with you, I will go alone... Tell me anything about the trip to the Holy Capital, and I'll prepare myself." I told Asashio... "I will be staying here if you have any questions." 

2