Arc I: Chapter 6, Birth of a Dark Magician
30 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

... Is this... Dark Magic?

Slowly going through the pages outside, only than did I realize... 

Why... why is this so addicting to read? I was flipping through the pages quickly, and within minutes I neared the last few pages with a wealth of knowledge. 

Different from warp, the names of the base spells was | Distortion Field | and | Dissipate | . Even more strange... No, maybe it was my imagination. Even than, this Grimoire taught me the basic sense of some Interference Spells; allocation, location, and interference. 

... maybe I should try a spell... Dissipate. The knowledge imprinted to me was that my body would break into many shards and appear at any location I desire; with the criteria being that I have to have been to an area I want to Dissipate to. I simply wanted to go to my room, but...

Instructions were to image a place to go, while thinking of myself at that place, and imagine myself withering away?... 

The room, and me in the room?... I am nothing but dust, a temporal substance that flows like the wind.

~~/~~

"Oww--!?" Why... That hurts... why did I Dissipate in the air? That hurts landing without any preparations...

So... this is Interference Magic? I'm--?! 

The Dissipation wasn't disorientating either; so... Oh, imagining what I could do now feels so wonderful--! 

... Supposing this; isn't it entirely possible for me to go back to the Empire, or anywhere I wish? Or even more, what applications could I use this in for just anything?

... I thought to my other spell, Distortion Field... The knowledge imprinted to me said this spell was a spell that created a massive anti-Magic field around me... as much as I like to say if such a thing was possible, this spell says such a thing was. 

I looked back onto the grimoire; nothing... The words and everything on the book vanished as though not there. Clearly something was on the countless pages, but it seemed as though I simply absorbed the pages.

Distortion Field... All I needed to think was something like an expanding dome, and put... Think of something negative; terrible...

It should stop all Spells, so...

... me... killing... Surely this should be it...? Killing those's--stupid bandits...

"Eh...?" A faint dark wave swallowed the surroundings. It wasn't obvious, but it quickly expanded the area... This--?

I had no idea what it was, but... Dark Magic and it's affinity was something completely unknown. As far as we know, or the world for that matter, there was no way to measure one's Dark Magic Potential. 

The field kept expanding--///!

Guuh--?... I--? 

"Hya--!" I...

... ... ... ha... ... ...

They... A silent scream escaped me, that... A momentary pain ran through me--what was...? I had no issue with Magic Overuse fatigue, it couldn't be that...? right...? 

My vision was still blurry and dark... My vision blacked out on me, and my body shook in pain. "I... should be careful with Distortion Field..." I told myself as I laid myself down to bed...

... please... no more... no more pain...

1