Chapter 7
34 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The roar of the crowd sent Aerin into a daze. She had no idea what was going on. The tall Dragon priest looked down at her with some curiosity and a small smile, but Aerin detected a hint of sadness or perhaps sympathy?

 

“Please step down little one the festival must continue.” he said surprisingly gently despite his physical presence.

 

Aerin turned around and stepped down the clamour and conversation between the spectators still fervent as the last couple went up the platform. Aerin had no idea what a Wyrm was and by the looks of many of the youths who waited in the already tested section they didn’t either. The only a handful of the higher tiered dragon class youth seemed to have an inkling of what a Wyrm was.

 

Eyes seemed to pierce in Aerin’s direction from all over no one seemed to be able to take  her eyes off her. It was going to be the next round for her group soon and she wasn’t entirely sure what to make of the situation.

 

“Calm down Aerin! You need to focus on the next round and ignore what happened, move forward.” Aerin clenched her fist and actively ignored the stares and gawking coming from all around.

 

Without missing a beat the two dragon priests turned to the two groups and motioned for everyone to line up again. However this time when Aerin tried to back up the line backed up with her. Aerin looked back to see all of them had volunteered her as the first one to go up and get her mana tested.

 

“Are you kidding me?” Aerin muttered to herself “all this because I got some unique classification?”

The Dragon priests called her forward before each of them levitated a small orb just big enough to fit in two hands. Aerin looked at the dark orb that seemed to have a dark swirling underneath its crystal like shell.

 

“Put your hand on and when you feel a force enter your body do not panic it is part of the process.” The large man said his eyes laid on her calmly.

 

Aerin took a big gulp before reaching out and placing her hand on the orb. A chill seemed to envelop her body as if being plunged into a snow covered mountain top. Aerin felt an energy seem to be sapped from her body before it ceased and her hand which had seemed to be stuck like a magnet was released causing her to stumble backwards one step.

 

The Dragon priest smiled as if he was expecting her results. The boy who stood opposite of her had been announced as fire attributed, but no one was particularly interested in his so he stepped down mildly annoyed.

 

“Ice attribute.” the Dragon Priest uttered two simple words which again was foreign to her ears. While it wasn’t entirely uncommon for Draakin to get other attributes besides fire it was uncommon, but Ice from her memory was completely unheard of.

 

The crowd did not react the same way as before only muttering to each other as if confused. Such an attribute would likely be difficult to train in since most Draakin were experienced in fire. Also the Flamespire mountains were in a warmer climate which meant few of them were covered in snow only the highest peaks would have any if they were not volcanic.

 

Again the large Dragon priest ushered her down to go stand with the boy who had just tested to await for the final round. Aerin already knew she would have a target on her back. Since she could only rely on her combat abilities she didn’t care as much about her mana attribute since she had never been trained in magic abilities as it was.

 

Aerin closed her eyes while in her heart she was nervous she was also for the first time confident that her future was not destined to be a farmer.

0