Day 4(Part 2)
775 5 22
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"So, let me get this straight. We sharing a room?!" - Zekie

"Um... Sorry?" - Trish

She gave off a cutesy smile at me as I just couldn't believe the situation we are in.

It seems that while I was unconscious, she began talking about the room accommodations as the receptionist explained to her that there weren't any rooms left and most of them are expensive. My classmates tried to soothe things out by offering their rooms to us but... 

"No no. Its fine. We can share a room together." - Trish

She said as she didn't want to be inconsiderate of taking their rooms. I would had agreed to that but I would have picked the expensive option because of this.

"We are only going to be staying here for a few days Neil. I know your considerate of my feelings but I don't think we should wish the goodwill of your old classmates." - Trish

"I know that but uhh.... I'm really sorry about having to share a room with me." - Zekie

"Pfft..." - Trish

Instead of feeling a bit worried about sleeping in a room next with a guy, she seems to be a bit smug about this situation like she isn't too worried about it.

"To be honest Neil? I wouldn't actually sleep with any guy out there. Fortunately, if its you, I am completely sure that nothings going to happen." - Trish

The way she said that seems that she never even consider me as a guy at all. At first, I was rather annoyed at how smug she looks but to be honest... 

" I-i.... I guess so.... " - Zekie

".... Eh? " - Trish

What she said had drove a straight ball through my heart which I could only feel disappointed in myself since I can't deny that I'm not really a proper guy at all.

If it weren't for Kathie to be forceful in asking me out, I would be in a relationship with her at all. Even at that, I always been the type of person who isn't confident in everything and feels like if I gave myself confidence, everything will always go wrong. Which is why I never tried to assert to something and play passively. 

I can always reject Ceci's confession clearly without any hesitation but I never always been to take off from my comfort zone of being passive that I always ended up avoiding the problems that might grow later on.

"T-Trish? I-is Kathie actually satisfied dating with me....?" - Zekie

"........." - Trish

To be honest, I had asked this from Kathie herself but it might be due to her being not right in the head which is why she always tries to defend our relationship.

However, asking her friend who had known our relationship firsthand, was the right choice in asking this question.

She is Kathie's friend and I know she always prioritize her friend's well-being over her lovelife which is why asking her this question might clear up my hesitation.

While there was nothing wrong with our current relationship.... I'm actually just worried that....

'Am I even a better boyfriend for her?' - Zekie

Yes, I don't deny being a coward who is afraid of making a mistake. I also am afraid that I would hurt Kathie in the process but....

'I am not right in the head as well...' - Zekie

Sure, my girlfriend might be possessive and she doesn't want me to be close to other girls but I'm just too pathetic for her.

I'm not rich like her family is, I can't do anything better than my siblings, I don't even have any redeeming points and I even ask other people's help rather than being conversive with her. Am I actually worthy of even falling for at all?

"Hey Neil...." - Trish

As I feeling a bit depressed, knowing my patheticness, Trish pats me in the back as she smiles at me while looking at the door in front of us.

"Maybe later Neil. For now, how about we greet your old friends first...." - Trish

———————————————————————————————————————————————————

"Bro! You've change in just a year man. What the hell happened to you after graduation?!" - Edgar

"Haha... Just a bit of exercising and taking some part-time job. How about you man? I hear you had got some girl pregnant. What the hell is that?" - Zekie

"Well... We did the deed after dating a few months and..." - Edgar

The party hasn't really started yet since there was a few preparation that needs to be done. Currently, I'm just chatting with one of my old friends in highschool to which he was a bit chummy at me like we didn't avoid each other at all last year.

Edgar is one of my three friends whom I was friends with in highschool. While he is average looking, he does have the charisma to win a pretty girl's heart and even manage to date her which is quite impressive given his looks compared to hers. However, he was persistent in winning her heart and I even help out together with our friends and he manage to win her over in the end.

While our friendship might had shattered at that time, he always looked out for me after all I've been doing to them which is why I easily gotten over with him and easily bonded again.

With his connection, I also manage to rekindle my friendship with my other friend again as well.

"Time sure flies Ziks. Kinda wish we were there for you instead of avoiding you at that time. Eds wanted to help you out at that time but we were afraid that if we did, he and Clara wouldn't gone out together if we defended you. I'm sorry man." - Jude

"Its fine Jude. At least it had worked out in the end and this guy became a father as well. I think we should just drink at his kid's birth instead of recalling the past. At least we got back together right now. Thats all what matters." - Zekie

"Yeah man. Sure hope Mark was also here with us as well but he's kinda been busy back at his school so he had to miss out on the reunion." - Edgar

"Well, we just chat him up later and even have a drinking party tomorrow as a sign of our old friendship." - Zekie

"Too bad he isn't here or you might end up stealing his girl Ziks. Hahaha..." - Jude

"Wait, he's not single?!" - Zekie

While we chatted around, a girl was slowly coming closer to us as she turns to me with a shocked look on her face.

"Oh my god. Hey, is that you Neil? You really change from the last time I saw you." - ???

"Hmn? Clara?!" - Zekie

While a year is only a short timespan for a person to change, it seems that people can quickly mature given their circumstances given to them such as her having a swollen stomach.

"You've become quite grown up in just a year. Like, you become even more beautiful the last time I saw you." - Zekie

"Wow, you really haven't change your ways Neil. If its the old you, I wouldn't be swayed at all. But..." - Clara

"Hey man. Back off Ziks. We clearly haven't settled the last time you did in HS." - Edgar

"Okay man. Chill, chill..." - Jude

While it seems that he's fumed out, me and Jude kinda laugh it off as soon Edgar slowly chuckles as he also rekindle our old friendship.

Mark trying to give Edgar some confidence, Jude luring out Clara's friend and me trying to spite him which while we kinda played around with him, we ended up helping their relationship grow until the end.

Even if I flirt around with his girl, she and I already establish our relationship in the past already as Trish was slowly making her way towards us.

Jude was kinda gazing on Trish's beauty while Edgar follow suit until his girl slap his head while glaring at him. She was looking around the place since she was late dressing up and when she saw me, she quickly went towards us.

"Hey Ne-I mean darling. Aren't you going to introduce me to your friends?" - Trish

She then sitted next to me without any hesitation as she then suddenly grabs my arm while smiling at my friends. I was completely focus on talking to my friends that I have forgotten about her.

"Oh, I kinda forgot to introduce you to my friends. This is my good ol friend Edgar whom was trying to kill me for stealing his girl, this is my friend Jude who helped me out in the pas-wait a minute...." - Zekie

As I was happily introducing her to my friends, my brain finally clicked on me as I immediately look at her with confusion and total lack of understading like I was unraveling some sort of mystery. 

Trish had somehow misunderstood my confusion as she decided to introduce herself to my friends. 

"Hello everyone, I'm Trish. This guy's co-worker from his part-time job. There were circumstances regaring our relationship and some events happened..... And so, we are currently going out." - Trish

As she said that, the table became silent as my mind had absorbed too much information that I can barely understand what had happened.

Chotto matte. Is this some sort of new phase of bullying me now?

Look, even my friends are looking at her with warm smiles. Clara even held Trish hands like she had come to some understanding.

"I know that you are helping him out here but we understand that he isn't this pathetic that he has to resort on asking you to be her fake gf. I just want you to understand that." - Clara

"I know that you are hurt by what Rose did to you... But not like this man..." - Jude

"I-I'm sorry man.... I should have helped you out. Even I had to sacrifice my relationship with a Clara since we are bros...." - Edgar

Clara was slowly comforting Trish while I was being hugged by both Jude and Edgar as Trish was confused but I was mostly confused rather than pained at Trish's new bullying.

Wait, did I ever told her that the girls here don't really see me that way? 

22