Day 4(Part 4)
852 17 21
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Just Wow, got myself in Trending? Are you kidding me? When I was about to post a chapter as well? Bruh.

After we finally caught our former president and destroying the evidences we had, the party resumed and we began to interact with one another.

While most guys went after Trish and having conversations with her, there were some girls who went to me and began conversing about my daily life but remembering Eds' advice, I decided to play it cool and sometimes take distance around the women talking to me. While there were girls who aren't interested in romantic relationship and whatnot, I decided it would be best and not interact with them as much for not only building a tolerance in hurting their feelings but also for Trish not getting ahead of herself and try to write send evidence to Kathie.

I play it cool okay?

In the end, it was mearly just reuniting with old aquaintances and the activity would be held tomorrow as we all decided to settle in the night and continue in the morning.

However, me and the gang decided to hold a drinking party for the sake of rekindling our old relationship as Trish was too tired and didn't bother asking where I would go.

At the bar, our talk was mostly about my relationship and our new lifestyle after entering college as the only person who didn't go was Edgar.

"Look, I need to raise my kid well and even if I did go, my grades aren't that good for me to graduate." - Edgar

What he said was a bit saddening to hear since he wanted to experience the college life but after he became a father, he became more responsible and level-headed than the free spirited guy we used to know.

"Sometimes we grow up Ziks. Not everyone would always stay the same." - Edgar

"Yup." - Jude

"From the person who wouldn't say something like that, I'm not too sure dude..." - Zekie

"Hahaha.... Thats true Ziks." - Edgar

It might seem unbelievable to me but given that he is a father now, he might had grown a lot and starting to act mature so something like this was a bit shocker to me however, I soon believe his words. This guy was always irresponsible and causing trouble before falling for Clara. Yet, seeing his look after knowing that he's gonna be a father, I slowly contemplate my relationship with Kathie and thought off my future.

I was kinda born knowing that love might hurt me, and losing the people I care about was something I always have been thinking about. 

Its not like I don't like women but more on the responsibility I might take.

I am scared of the responsibility of growing a family for myself and might end up like my own father. Kathie was someone who is too dependant on someone.

Her father running away from her and her mother chasing after him while abandoning her kid, I knew that even if I plan on loving her right, I might end up making a mistake somewhere and hurt her like my dad did to my mom.

Edgar and Clara's relationship is just a simple persuit of a healthy relationship but ours was different.

One is too dependant on a person for love while the other is afraid of committing a grave mistake.

I do not want to be like my own father but there are times where I might become like him. 

He a sensible and loving father but after having a baby from another woman, he suddenly change and starts to abandon us. Even separating from us after our mom had passed and my siblings became dependant. While I knew that he is responsible, he shouldn't try to act like pitiful after he had committed adultery to our mother like that.

Which is why I still hate that bastard. 

'Surely, I hope that guy won't mess with Kathie...' - Zekie

After a couple of drinks and Jude being the first to go(Edgar being a bit tipsy and I have more of a alchohol tolerance than both), Decided to carry these guys back to the hotel as I happy watch these two guys from the time, just laughing and arguing about our past. 

"Hello There.... Fruit Ninja was it....?" - Mysterious Person

While carrying my friends, A person called out in front of me as I stopped and turned that individual as I was suprised.

'No, but there's no one...' - Zekie

I was sure that it might had been a coincidence since there were only a few people who knew about my old identity as I tried to be inconspicuousness about my actions during that time. So, only those close to me and my trusted friend would know-

"No.... Rick...." - Zekie

"Yes... He is quite an individual to be easy to tell secrets..." - Mysterious Woman

Hearing the voice again and clearly familiarizing that it was feminine, I turned to her as my eyes widen.

———————————————————————————————————————————————————

I decided to bring those guys back at the hotel and brought them into their rooms as I gone back out to meet with the woman once more.

"B-boss? I never knew you were here..." - Zekie

"Well, I didn't expect that after leaving the group.... *Puffs Smoke* You suddenly change and became a new guy.... Heh." - Boss

"Well, there were circumstances..." - Zekie

I just bashfully bow down to her as I remember my old profession before changing into a new man before her.

I once worked on an illegal group of being part of a team that are information brokers. Despite my appearance at that time, I was quite good at being undetected and even impressing her with my fighting skills. So I was not only proficient at collecting information but also skilled at fighting.

However, I holding back on the last fight since my fighting style's kinda.... Bloody and I only prioritize on rescuing Trish at that time.

This person right here is the leader of the group I worked in as she needed help in locating a person due to not being able to search for that person through legal means. I don't know who is she looking for but at that time, I only joined her group due to the money she gave us.

Yet, after my mother got worse and worse, I decided to leave and not worsen her condition as she was sadden that she lost such a capable individual.

"You were such a dedicated kid at that time and now look at you...." - Boss

"I was only doing for the money at that time Boss. I promise her that I won't get into too much trouble." - Zekie

It might not had been a good history for me who wishes to help people, to be once a bloodthirsty individual who beat up people in a bloodly pulp and shove fruits into their mouths like a roasted pig but those territory wars were a troublesome bunch for obstructing our search.

The boss might seem nice and kind outside but she is different whenever she finds clues on that person.

Cold, ruthless and slightly psychotic. It seems that she gets worked up whenever that guy is involved and those that won't tell her or hide him from her... They ended up disappearing.

While I find it disturbing at that time, I knew that there were people in this world who also do this and hide the truth from the light as I only obeyed purely for the sake of helping my mother get better at that time. Plus, our living condition weren't easy.

Plus, she treats us well and even give bonuses to those who get one step closer to that guy as we were mostly happy to get this much from her.

Also, she did let me go eventually instead of forcing me to stay since she had a caring attitude and kinda favors me while working for her(purely because my results were always higher than the rest).

"Well, I had the group disbanded since I eventually found him now and..." - Boss

She was silent as I began to take a sip of bottled water as I was tryint to sober up. I realize that the air became colder but it might had been just the cold breeze.

"I wanted to know more about my daughter's boyfriend." - Boss

"Oh...?" - Zekie

I was surprised since the Boss often spoke of her daughter as she always feel sadden that she couldn't properly take care of her. So, hearing that her daughter having a boyfriend is a worrisome situation for a parent to have.

I often saw her daughter's pic and even did a job protecting her so I understand her worries.

'I want to repay her for treating me well all those years.' - Zekie

"Don't worry Boss. I'll do my best." - Zekie

I might be a bit rusty in looking for this boyfriend of her daughter but I want to repay my debt in helping out my former employer. While I did leave due to my mother's health, I always respect and honor what she did for me.

"Good. You take care of her my Son-in-Law." - Boss

"Yes! I shall take care of he-wait what?" - Zekie

It was then my brain started to kick in and realize a certain familiarity of her words.

'Her daughter and Kathie do look a bit similar....' - Zekie

While tonight was a shocking revalation of some sorts, it couldn't compare to what tomorrow had brought upon me.

"Wait, let me explain...." - Zekie

".................." - Kathie

I realize that I often had bad luck and it cause quite a scene as the moment I woke up, Kathie was staring at me and Trish sleeping together.... 

21