Chapter 3: Iridescence
547 7 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I slowly wake up, blinking a few times. I look around to take stock of my environment.

Pretty silly to sleep without knowing where I am. Gladly I seemed to have made it through.’

I appear to be in a small enclosed space? Like a small cave. Looks like the ceiling was once open but now different colored layers of rock of some kind is blocking it. Some light is getting pass them though.

Looking further down the hollow, there wasn’t much else left. The dull white walls were coarse and porous. These was small cave opening leading who knows where as well.

Lastly there was a bronze hand mirror lying partly embedded in the wall opposite of the cave entrance. Assuming it was around the same size as the one in my previous life, it means this chamber was a little over a foot in diameter.

Such a small space… I must be small and cute! I wonder…’

Seeing as there was enough light in the small space I gradually swim over to the mirror. Only before I make it there, I notice the light on floor wave back and forth.

Why does it shift like that? Hmm… Ah! Waves! The surface of water must be affecting the light that makes it though. Based on that, am I relatively close to the surface?’

I spend some more time watching the light, while wondering if I’ve seen this type of stone before. Than it hits me!

Coral! I must be inside some coral. I wonder how large it is? Oh right! Mirror.’

As I remember the mirror, I quickly swim over to it. It seems rather inferior to the mirrors back home and has bits of rock on it. But! That’s not what is important!

Wow! … I’m cute and pretty!’

Looking back at me, or rather my reflection, is a small white baby snake. My emerald eyes scan over my ridged scaled body. The scales were glossy and pearl white. As the light from the surface moved across my body, I noticed it’s iridescent properties light up as a rainbow of lights up on each scale.

I shift my body noticing each seems to have a different color to it’s iridescence, as if each scale was a separately colored pearl.

… … …

… …

I blink, shaking my head, having lost myself with myself.

I’m pretty… won’t I stand out like a sore thumb? This… This might be kinda bad.’

Swimming around my hollow, I start trying to think counter-measures, but I do not really come up with anything.

Maybe it’s not so bad? There could be a pit of pearls to hide in!’

Turning my attention to the only other thing of interest, the tunnel, I swim towards it. It seems large enough to fit in.

Here’s hoping it goes somewhere… Let’s Go!... doesn’t feel right.’

I start swimming through the cave. It stays relatively even in size. At one point, I have to slither through instead of swim, which was a new feeling. It takes me about 30 seconds to get to what appeared to be the end of the cave.

Slowly, I poke my head out. My cave appears to come out under a shelf of bright orange coral. I get to first view the vast expanse of coral that is my new home. Under crystal clear water was coral, fish, and other creatures as far as my small eyes could see.

Based on the distance to the surface and what I can see, my cave was in a small hill of coral. Thankfully there seemed to be plenty of white coral. I had heard somewhere white coral was bad, but it seemed to be healthy here. It seemed to tend to be shorter than the other coral though.

It was as if there was a bed of white with every other color raising out of it. To my left a forest of neon colored branchy looking coral existed. Ahead was mostly duller colored coral with thick pine cone like shaped arms raising up, with mushroom like shaped coral mixed in. To the right was like a mix of the two.

All kinds of other things could be sensed; fish of every shape, color, and size. Crabs, clams, and weird curlier things with tentacles could be seen around on the bottom.

Ah… is that a goblin!?’

I see a weird, green skinned humanoid a distance coming up over a ridge. It had a bald head with pointed, jagged pointed ears. My eyes widen as it’s long sinewy arm snaps out, grabbing a yellow triangular fish. Maybe an angelfish? It brings it to it’s large mouth, full of razor sharp teeth, making quick work of it. The goblin like creature then swims off and I see it’s lower half for the first time and shiver. It’s tentacles, six of them.

Just as I noticed, a dark shadow covers me, and I realize at some point I had swam out of my cave. In fear, I dash back to it, barely avoiding a ugly green hand.

Grindylow grab attack grazed Water Hatchling

Water Hatchling takes 2 damage.

Nope, Nope, Nope.’

I arrive in my hollow much faster than I left it. I find the darkest spot and coil into a ball, shivering.

Active Title: [Hatchling]

Name:

Gender: Female

Age: 0

Race: [Water Hatchling]

Level: 1

Experience: 0/10

Rank: [F-]

[Abilities]

HP: 4/6

STR: [3] 3 (1.00)

VIT: [2.2] 2 (1.10)

DEX: [4] 4 (1.00)

AGI: [3] 3 (1.00)

MP: 0

INT: [2] 2 (1.00)

SPI: [2.2] 2 (1.10)

CHM: [4] 4 (1.00)

LCK: [4.4] 4 (1.10)

Traits: [Strong Bite] [Strong Tail]

Skills:

Soft Bite - 4 [6.05 Damage]

Feeble Tail Swipe - 4 [2.2 Damage]

Swim - 2

Petite Scales - 1

Titles: [Reincarnation Survivor] [Hatchling]

She looks a lot like an Iridescent pearl white Glossy Crayfish Snake.

Also I’m thinking about posting every Tuesday and Friday.

10