Character Creation (1)
103 5 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I'm putting this here just in case some didn't read the synopsis.

=========

~~BIG ANNOUNCEMENT~~

The world of Scribblia is in great danger and readers are greatly needed! Yes, I'm talking to you, human! Help a young man save the world! And if he dies, well, we'll just turn back time and try again... It's not like he'll remember what we put him through!

Anyway...

A primal evil has been awakened by a foolish man. The Seven Great Demons are waking up from their long slumber. The Dark King has kidnapped the Light Princess and is now sending his dark army against the defenseless Kingdoms. From the Far East, hordes of barbarians are coming. A Dragon has been spotted in the cold North. These filthy Dwarfs, Elves and Orcs are definitely plotting something. Only you and your divine wisdom are able to stop the apocalypse.

Help a young man save the world of Scribblia!

Author Note/Game Master advice: "SAVING SCRIBBLIA - READERS NEEDED - DEATH GUARENTEED" is a Quest. However, it is not a quest one might see in video games. For those unfamiliar with that term, a Quest is a story/game that requires the input of the readers, either through polls or comments. This is heavily inspired by the Choose Your Own Adventure books: your vote or comment can change the decision of the main character, changing the course of the story as a result. 

This is a concept that has existed on the Internet for years. Various Internet forums were created especially to host Quests. I did not see much on Scribble Hub, however, so I'm making one.

I'm in no way a great writer. English is not my first language (I'm french). I'll most likely drop this quest in a few days. However, I still hope to bring smiles and laughs to Scribble Hub.

The choice is yours.

=========

Welp. First chapter. Let's do this.

First of all, we need a main character. We have three choice:

=========

-The Adventurer. Trait: Adventurous Spirit. You are an adventurer. Traveling is your greatest joy. Some may call you reckless or dim, but you know better. With high risk come high reward, and you are willing to brave any dangers. The Trait Adventurous Spirit will allow you to take on greater challenges and foes, despite the risk involved. Increase dialogue and fighting options.

-The Knight. Trait: Healthy Body. You are a knight. You know how to fight pretty well. You serve a Kingdom and fight its enemies. You are a stalwart defender and a brave attacker. The Trait Healthy Body allows you to survive wounds that should have been fatal, though if you take too many Injuries and your Scars pile up, you will lose this Trait. Increase fighting abilities and survivability.

-The Mage. Trait: I'M MAGICAL. You are a mage. You know (somewhat) how to use magic. You have knowledge about the Arcane and the history of Scribblia. The power you possess is able of creating amazing miracles or causing untold destruction. The Trait I'M MAGICAL allows you to use magic. What that magic will do, however... You better control that power, or you may lose something important (idk, your soul or life maybe?). Grant the ability to use magic.

=========

You may be wondering what are Traits. It's simple, really. A Trait is what defines our character. It can be a good Trait that grants bonuses like Strong or Fast. It can also be a bad Trait that gives maluses like Drunk or Poisoned. Traits can be temporary or permanent, but it is possible to lose a so-called permanent Trait with certain events.

Keep in mind that not all Traits are good or bad. In the right situation, a bad Trait can be useful. For example, the Blind Trait is quite handicapping. However, against the petrifying gaze of a Basilisk, this Trait can shine (though if I were you, I'd just close my eyes instead of cutting them with a knife). The opposite is true. The Trait Adventurous Spirit makes you, well, adventurous, but just because you CAN jump into a volcano doesn't mean you SHOULD. You're brave, not dumb.

In the next chapter, we will decide on further specialisation. For example, if you picked the Knight, then you will choose about whenever you want to be a Paladin or a Dark Knight. Or if you picked the Mage, then either being a Druid or a Necromancer.

The choice is yours.

Poll close in two days.

(Any idea for the main character name? I'll take one from the comments.)

Who are you?
  • An Adventurer!
  • A Knight!
  • A Mage!
Total voters: 15 · This poll was closed on Feb 18, 2021 11:03 AM.
4