Character Creation (2)
110 6 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Poll closed! Thank you for those who voted! And the winner is…

The Mage! Congratulations!

The Adventurers and the Knights will get their chance another day...

The Trait I'M MAGICAL grants you the ability to use magic. In the world of Scribblia, magic is bountiful. It can be a very powerful ally or tool at your disposal. Magical artefacts are highly sought after, and talented mages even more so. A spell can be harmless or dangerous, but in the right/wrong hands, a harmless spell can become dangerous and a dangerous spell can become useless. For example, a miscasted cleaning spell can instead create flying cursed soap bubbles and poison everyone in the vicinity; a miscasted fireball spell can instead grant sentience to the tree you're trying to set on fire. Magic sure is weird.

Elves, Fairies, Dragons and Demons are known for their powerful magic, but Humans are notorious for their… Individuality. They have a tendency to miscast their spells. A Human mage is rare because they often die from their own spells, so you will most likely face contempt by other magical beings.

Next, let's see what kind of Mage you are! There are a lot of choices, all of them good. So, choose what you think is the best!

=========

-The Apprentice. Traits: Magical Sponge. You don't know who gave you this title, but you are proud to use it. You are a magical sponge an apprentice. You will do everything to learn magic: you'll gladly eat moldy bread and drink sewer water just to get a book about a measly spell. You are searching for a prominent Wizard to make you their disciple, and you will fulfil even the most difficult of tasks to learn more about the Arcane. The Trait Magical Sponge allows you to learn spells much more easily (and also make you able to clean dishes faster, but it's not like you'll do housework when you finally find a magical teacher, right?). Great growth and potential.

-The Pyromancer. Traits: Fire Resistance+Explody. You are a Pyromancer, a mage specialized in fire magic. You are blessed with the ability to create and manipulate fire, a powerful and dangerous gift. The Trait Fire Resistance grants you the ability to survive even the most violent of explosions, something you often experience. The Trait Explody unreasonably amplifies all your spells with fire: miscasting a spell can turn a tiny spark into a glorious explosion. Good destructive ability.

-The Cryomancer. Traits: Cold Resistance+Frosty. You are a Cryomancer, a mage specialized in ice magic. You can also create water, but ice magic is where you truly excel. The Trait Cold Resistance allows you to survive freezing to death, especially from your own spells (you still get nasty colds though). The Trait Frosty greatly amplifies all your spells with ice and also forces you to always make ice puns, making all who talk to you groan in annoyance. Good versability and area control.

-The Druid. Traits: Nature's Blessing+Hobo. You are a Druid, a mage close to nature. You are an adept at healing, divination and plant-focused spells. You can also speak to animals and tame them more easily. The Trait Nature's Blessing allows you to communicate with nature: you will be able to understand the state of an area and if there is a 'disturbance in the Flow'. The Trait Hobo makes it difficult to negotiate with more 'civilised' creatures (something about you smelling like a bear, but isn't that a compliment?). Great at exploration.

-The Enchanter. Traits: ~I'M FABULOUS~+Prick. You are an Enchanter, a mage more blessed than others. You are adept in illusion and buffing magic. The Trait ~I'M FABULOUS~ makes it so that all your spells are much more flashy and long-lasting, making you very popular and solicited. The Trait Prick makes you unable to think of others before yourself, making the creation of real relationships difficult, negatively affecting your social life. Great monetary potential.

-The Necromancer. Traits: Necromancy+"Immortal"+Rotting. You are a Necromancer, a mage specialized in resurrecting the dead. The Trait Necromancy allows you to talk with ghosts and spirits, create zombies from corpses and put souls into items. The Trait "Immortal" makes you able to live forever by anchoring your soul to the mortal world, though I personally don't think slowly becoming a lich or half-ghost is a good idea. The Trait Rotting makes your physical body emit a rotting scent; with your pale skin, you can easily be mistaken for an undead. Great at creating servants to do your bidding.

=========

Those are all the classes/job/archetypes of the Mage. I hope those choices please you! If you hesitate between them, I advise you to take the Apprentice. Having no specialisation can be a specialisation in itself! Maybe we'll even get some kind of secret class later on... *wink*

Now, time to answer some questions. 

Before you have the time to ask as for why there isn't a Priest option available despite Scribblia having paladins: in Scribblia, there is only the Holy Inquisition. Why? Try to find out.

About the 'time travel' thing. Now, our protagonist can fail to save Scribblia and die. If that happens, I will add a new story to the site (SAVING SCRIBBLIA TAKE TWO). We will create a new character from scratch and try again. We're big boys and girls who play with permadeath enabled!

I think that's enough for this chapter.

Please vote in the poll bellow! 

(If you have any names for our character or questions about this Quest, please leave a comment!)

Next chapter, we will truly begin our adventure. Where? Well, a Tavern of course!

Who are you?
  • An Apprentice!
  • A Pyromancer!
  • A Cryomancer!
  • A Druid!
  • A Necromancer!
  • An Enchanter!
Total voters: 14 · This poll was closed on Feb 20, 2021 03:50 PM.
2