Chapter 5: Bloody Beach (Part 2)
4.1k 15 109
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The Charmander stood there for a while, basking in the hot rays of the sun.

It sniffed the air.

Saliva began to fall out of its mouth as its eyes turned red.

Ren carefully moved his body out of the Charmander’s sight hiding behind the empty eggshell that he had come out of.

‘What are you going to do…?’ Ren thought.

The Charmander slowly took its first steps forward.

Its body was wobbly at first but it gradually adjusted itself.

It slowly hobbled its way towards another white egg.

Ren watched as the Charmander raised its powerful arm and struck down on the egg, reaching into the egg and pulling out an unborn Caterpie (Caterpillar Pokémon) from the egg.

The Caterpie, still surrounded by sticky fluid struggled to get free.

*Screech*

The Screams of the unborn Caterpie filled the air.

The Charmander’s teeth rose up into a joyful smile as it stared sadistically at the struggling Caterpie.

In one swift moment, it bit through the head of the Caterpie, spraying its fresh red blood onto the beach.

The headless Caterpie’s body went limp.

‘Its dead…’

Life could be taken so easily.

‘Rest in peace’ Ren thought.

Ren watched as the Charmander slowly devoured the corpse of the Caterpie.

The Charmander was not the only Pokémon feasting.

All around him, Pokémon that had hatched from eggs targeted the Pokémon that had not yet hatched.

Blood spilled onto the sand.

It was a true bloody beach.

He turned his head away from the Charmander and towards a nearby white egg.

[Detecting enemy… ‘Unborn monster’ will give you two bioenergy]

The system’s notification rang out in his ear.

‘So that’s why they are attacking! It is for the sake of evolution!’

He was in a dilemma.

‘Should I do it or not…?’

He knew what the correct answer was.

Yet his morals… the morals of a citizen of the earth told him that this was wrong.

He could hear the screams of dying Pokémon in his ears.

He made up his mind.

‘If I don’t do it… I might be next.’

Ren pushed away his inhibitions and slowly slithered over to the white egg.

He stared at it for a while.

It was about the same color and size as his. Inside was an unsuspecting, unlucky Pokémon that had not hatched out of its shell fast enough.

He sighed softly.

‘I am sorry for this…’ Ren thought as he steeled his heart.

‘How should I attack?’

Unlike the Charmander, he did not have arms that he could use to pierce through the egg. The only part that he could use…

‘Fangs.’

It was the part of his body that he had used to break through his own shell.

Deciding on a course of action, Ren began to prepare.

He thought back to how he had broken through his own eggshell. He had been controlled by his instincts.

He had felt some type of weird ‘force’ running through his body, energizing his muscles and allowing his body to propel itself forward.

Ren thought back to that feeling.

That ‘force’.

He could not feel it.

Ren tried again.

This tried he tried to link the feeling that he had felt to another concept.

‘It felt like a stream… or a river’

Powerful yet concentrated, flowing in a direction that he wished.

He felt it!

Small at first but slowly gaining momentum.

Energy began to coarse through his muscles. His long, agile body took on the shape of a spring. He was unmoving. Energy continued to build up causing his body to quiver.

Seconds ticked by.

‘Now!’

Like a spring, his body launched itself into the air in the direction of the egg. His mouth opened, revealing his sharp fangs.

Energy coursed through his fangs and body.

[Ding! Host has learnt the skill ‘Quick Attack’]

[Ding! Detecting high wisdom… skill percentages of abilities of ‘Quick Attack’ increases]

Ren’s body accelerated as he dove through the air.

His fangs pierced through the hard shell of the egg and his body entered the fluid inside.

Inside the egg, lay a worm like Pokémon curled up.

Its large eyes stared at him. They maintained eye contact for a few seconds.

‘Sorry my friend. You have to die for me to live…’

He launched himself at the surprised worm, piercing his fangs into its neck. Blood sprouted out of the wound, filling up the egg in red.

Almost instantly, the worm struggled, forcing Ren off.

Ren flew towards one of the walls of the egg.

He bounced off the inside wall of the egg and propelled himself back at the worm with greater momentum.

His fang sunk into the same wound, piercing deeper into the flesh of the worm.

‘I won’t let go of you this time…’

The worm tried to shake Ren off again but no avail.

Ren had locked his jaws on the worm.

He would not let go again.

Seconds slowly passed as the struggle of the worm became more and more weak.

Blood continued flow out of its wound and onto Ren’s face.

After what seemed to be an eternity, the worm finally stopped moving.

‘Rest in peace…’

He silently prayed for the soul of the dead worm.

An urge instantly filled him. He could taste the blood of the worm against his tongue.

He wanted it. He wanted to taste it.

‘I am a snake now! This is normal.’ Ren comforted himself.

He slowly licked the carcass with his tongue.

A blissful taste filled the insides of his mouth.

It amplified his urge for meat.

‘I want more.’

His primal instincts took over as he a ravenously began to devour its meat. His jaws expanded a few fold and engulfed the thin shape of the worm creature.

In a few short minutes, the creature had been swallowed completely.

Ren could feel his bulging stomach.

[Ding! Host has gained 2 bioenergy! Host has grown longer!]

Messages went off in his head.

A sharp pain struck his body before quickly disappearing.

The bloated feeling had disappeared.

Ren looked at his status.

He had obtained the new skill ‘Quick Attack’, while his body had grown by 2cm.

Ren quickly slithered out of the bloody egg and observed the situation on the beach.

 

By now, most of the eggs had either hatched or been destroyed by Pokémon.

Pools of blood stained the white sands of the beach.

 

‘ROOOAAAARRR!’ An echoing roar engulfed the beach.

It was the Charmander.

After it had eaten up the Caterpie, it had targeted and consumed more unborn Pokémon.

It now faced quite a simple problem.

It was still hungry and there were no more eggs to feed on.

What was the solution? Target the nearby Pokémon.

The Charmander charged, its arms outstretched at a nearby fire hedgehog Pokémon, Cyndaquil.

The Cyndaquil immediately noticed the danger it was in and tried to run away but to no avail.

It was soon overtaken. The Charmander’s claws pierced into the Cyndaquil and its teeth bit of the Cyndaquil head side.

Slowly, the Cyndaquil was ripped into small pieces and devoured by the Charmander.

It sorrowful screams echoed out.

The muscles and body of the Charmander grew and expanded as it ate the creature.

The Charmander quickly finished its meal and turned its head.

Its teeth still bloody from the flesh of the Cyndaquil.

 

Ren was in its light of sight.

[Target: Charmander can provide seven bioenergy points]

They maintained eye contact for a few moments.

Ren stared at its piercing eyes.

The Charmander smiled.

To Ren it was the smile of death.

‘Fuck.’ Ren thought.

He poured as much power as he could into his muscles and fled.

His long body moved from side to side as he willed it to move as fast as he could.

The Charmander roared and charged after him.

He was in the worst possible situation.

Being chased by a sadistic, meat-loving monster more than twice his size.

Ren’s mind worked furiously, trying to devise the best method to survive the situation.

The Charmander had come out of a red egg.

Red eggs were the second rarest eggs, so the Charmander’s ability and attacks should be stronger than the average Pokémon. Furthermore, it had already consumed a few other Pokémon.

No matter the angle, it seemed to be an impossible opponent.

*Stomp**Stomp*

Ren could hear the soft stomps of the creature behind him.

Ren turned his head to the sight of a rapidly accelerating Charmander. It was now only 3 meters behind him.

Running was not a viable long-term option.

He would be caught and eaten long before he escaped into the jungle.

He had no choice.

He had to fight!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hopefully you enjoyed the beginning of the action!

If you would like to read up to 3 chapters in advance check out this link: [email protected]/TeaDragon1 or press the 'tip' button.

Also, make sure to comment and rate my story. 

-TeaDragon1

109