Chapter 6: Bloody Beach (Part 3)
4k 17 99
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Ren's body slid from side to side as he fled as fast as he could.

A few meters behind him was the Charmander, it's arms outstretched ready consume Ren.

Ren did not let emotions get to his head.

He understood his own capabilities.

If he had more time to grow, it might be different but currently he had no chance against a Pokémon twice his size.

He would fight! But he would not charge at it recklessly.

He would be smart about it.

Ren slowly raised his head and surveyed his surroundings.

There was no cover. Only sand and Pokémon. Sand could have been a great resource to distract and blind the Charmander.

'Curse this armless body!' Ren exclaimed.

'What other resources do I have?'

Ren slowly observed the thousands of Pokémon fighting on the beach.

'Pokémon! I can use them…'

A plan began to slowly formulate inside Ren's head.

'First I need to find a powerful Pokémon…'

He glanced at the surroundings quickly.

His gaze landed on another large figure.

'A Gible…' 20 meters away from him, another draconic Pokémon tore through the surrounding Pokémon.

'Fucking dragons… still this is perfect.'

A loud roar interrupted his thoughts

Ren took a quick glance at the Charmander's position.

'What the fuck… this monster…'

The Charmander whom had previously been three meters behind him was now within arms distance from him.

He could feel its saliva particles falling onto his skin.

His eyes landed on its blood stained teeth. Ren imagined himself being held up by the bloodthirsty Charmander, entering its mouth and being crushed into a patty of blood and snake meat.

He was going to die!

'No… Snap out of it Ren! You have a plan! Now you have to be fast enough to implement it!'

He had a plan. He just to survive long enough to put it into action.

He had to become faster.

It was easier said than done.

There was no way he could increase his agility stat in a few seconds.

The only thing he could do was to create a skill.

The creation of a skill was highly based on luck and chance. He may put in crucial seconds into something that did not have any effect.

'Fuck it. I have to do it!'

He had to gamble on the one chance of survival that he had.

Ren slowed down.

The Charmander reached for him. Its claws were win position ready to strike down and seriously injure Ren.

Time seemed to almost stop.

Ren's thoughts accelerated.

Memories of the previous time that he had gotten a skill slipped past his eyes.

His quick attack was a skill that propelled his body forward at extremely fast speeds. The problem was that it only worked when attacking.

It needed a target.

'I want to make a skill like that purely for movement!'

This time, he did not pour any energy into his jaws.

'Pour everything I have into…'

Energy surged through his body into the back of his tail.

Ren's tail glowed a shade of deep red.

It began to quiver.

All of Ren's concentration was focused on a single movement. The Charmander's claws were just centimeters away.

'Keep going.'

He did not relent at the sight of the claw above him.

He wanted to live!

Ren pushed more of his energy into tail. The red aura around his tail instantly surged.

'Now!'

In an instant, he struck his tail down on the sand, propelling his body forward as fast as he could.

At nearly the same time, the Charmander struck its claw down.

It felt something against its nails yet when it checked there was no injured Pokémon laying before it.

It saw its prey leaping through the air and onto the beach, quite a distance from it.

It felt an emotion that it had never felt before in its short life.

Humiliation.

It roared in anger and charged after its prey.

[Ding! You have learnt the skill 'Quick Movement'. Detecting the skill 'Quick Attack'. Detecting wisdom levels are sufficient. Would you like to merge the two skills?]

[Ding! Host has displayed proficient manipulation of 'spirit'. New stat has been unlocked.]

[Ding! Agility grows significantly!]

The system's voice went off in his head.

Ren brushed they system's messages aside. He had more important things to think about.

'Son of a dragon bitch…'

He had not escaped completely unscathed.

Ren could feel a sharp pain on his back.

Its nails had ripped through his flesh! Blood flowed out of the wound.

Ren could feel the air pulling his blood and scattering it in the air.

It felt like needles had pierced into his body!

He had never experienced such pain before.

After a few seconds midair, he landed back onto the ground.

His contact with the ground only served to amplify the burning hot pain he was feeling.

Clenching, his jaws together, Ren turned his head towards the Charmander.

He sighed in relief.

He had travelled a distance of nearly 4 meters, escaping from the jaws of death!

He raised his head. The Gibile was in front of him, its jaws gouging on the carcass of a unidentifiable Pokémon.

[Target: Gilbe can provide 7 bioenergy points]

Noticing the commotion near it, it reluctantly turned its head away from its meal and towards Ren.

The Gible, although also a draconic species was different from the Charmander. It did not have prominent arms and claws to tear its prey apart.

Rather it would use an almost Pacman method of hunting.

Charging and biting.

It glanced at the figure of Ren a few meters away from it before resuming its meal.

'It doesn't see me as a threat huh…?'

It made sense. Ren was a common snake Pokémon whom was only 12 centimeters long and barely 2 centimeters tall. Compared to a 22 centimeter tall Gible, he was nothing.

He not help but feel indignant.

'You will regret this…'

Ren was glad that the Gibile had disregard him. This made his job easier.

He stopped moving about 80 centimeters away from the Gibile.

It was not to short, giving him a chance to escape if the Gible chose to attack him. Nor was it too long, allowing his plan to have a greater chance of success.

He turned his head away from the Gible and towards the Charmander.

The Charmander rushed towards him voraciously, its bloody jaws open and its claws ready to pierce into Ren.

His heart was pounding.

Fear was not the only emotion that dominated his heart. He was excited!

Energy slowly started to course through his body.

He waited patiently.

Three meters away…

Seconds passed

Two meters… One meter…

When the Charmander's claws were only centimeters away from his face, he turned his body away, smashed his energized tail onto the ground, activating his quick movement skill and leaping into the air.

The Charmander continued running, its momentum carrying it forward.

It was confused.

Its prey had escaped once again. This time it could not see its prey in front of it.

All it saw was Pokémon nearly as large as itself.

The Gilbe also noticed that something was wrong… It looked up from its meal and lay witness the sight of a large Pokémon charging at it.

It was too late.

The Charmander crashed jaws first into the Gilbe.

Ren whom had landed a few meters away looked at the scene and let out a sigh of relief.

His plan has worked!

 

Ren's Stats:

Host Name: Ren

Species: Ekans (Infant)

Element: Poison

Level: 0 [Limit: 5]

Bio-Energy: 2/10

Length: 12cm

Spirit: .4

Power: .9

Wisdom: 2.4

Agility: .9

Defense: .8

Skills: Breathless Breathing Technique [7.3%], Poison sting [4.32%], Terrorize [0.42%], Quick attack [2.54%], Quick Movement [3.45%]

Racial Skills: Shedding [4.65%]

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey Guys,

I hope you enjoyed! The action is just beginning.

Once again remember to review, rate and comment. It helps me improve!

Also shout out to my first p@treon, Avacus.

If you would like to get access to up to 6 chapters in advance of this novel and support me head to the link:

[email protected]/TeaDragon1.

99