Chapter 8: Stand off (Part 2)
3.7k 11 108
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 8: Stand Off (Part 2)

The Charmander was hit with a feeling of Euphoria.

It looked down at the carcass of the Gible.

Saliva fell out of its mouth. It could not wait to finally consume its spoils of victory.

As for its arm and leg? It did not worry. As soon as it ate and levelled up… it would heal…

 

Just as it reached for the flesh of the Gible, it once again felt the stinging feeling.

It came from its leg.

 Previously it had been distracted by the fight with the Gible. This time it would find the culprit! The Charmander looked down.

At its feet was the prey that it had previously been chasing.

The lowly snake.

The snake’s fangs had bitten into the one remaining good leg of the Charmander.

 

The Charmander reached down intending to make a quick snack of the cocky snake.

Did it think that just because it was injured it could not put up a fight?

Ren was quicker. He rushed away before the claws landed, fleeing into the sand of the beach.

 

Ren was the one who had distracted the Charmander, giving the Gible a chance to seriously injure it!

‘I have to make this quick…’

Ren had limited time to finish the plan.

Currently he was using aura to temporarily close his wounds… but it would not last forever. Like the Gible, he would soon run out of spirit.

He disregarded the idea of using [Poison sting] to slowly weaken the enemy.

The Charmander immediately tried to chase after him.

Its wounded leg and arm stopped it.

It had to prioritize.

It would eat… heal and then hunt down the lowly snake.

The Charmander turned its back on Ren and once again reached for the Carcass of the Gilbe.

Ren launched himself at the Charmander’s back.

The Charmander felt a stinging pain again! This time on its neck.

It turned its head to the sight of the lowly snake biting his neck.

 

The Charmander roared!

It clawed at Ren.

Ren evaded nimbly jumping into the air, causing the Charmander to claw at its own neck. Blood squirted out of its neck.

‘Damn… Not enough… I have to pierce deeper!’

The Charmander’s flesh was like steel!

Ren would have like to continue to deploy hit and run tactics but he could not.

He did not have enough time!

His aura was going to run out soon.

‘Come on! You have so many injuries! Just die already!’ Ren thought out.

The Charmander was a fountain of blood. Wounds littered its body from its decapitated arm to its mangled leg, claw marks throughout its body and yet it was still breathing!

Yet it was still alive.

This was the power of a King Pokémon!

 

Ren calmed himself down.

‘Come on!!’

His aura was going to run out in half a minute.

He had no more time. He had to act now!

He poured all of his remaining energy into his tail and jaws. His tail took on a light shade of red while dark red aura congealed around his jaws.

[Acceleration: Attack]

[Terrorize]

Ren consecutively activated skills. First his new skill [Acceleration] and his other skill [Terrorize].

Acceleration was the skill came from the combination of [Quick attack] and [Quick movement] while terrorize was the skill that came from [Intimidate] and [Fear].

They were his strongest skills!

Ren lashed at the Charmander’s throat.

The Charmander’s body froze for a moment in shock.

[Terrorize] had activated!

That was all Ren needed. Like a bolt of red lighting, his body rebounding off the sand and towards the Charmander’s throat.

His sharp fangs pierced deeply into the center of the Charmander’s throat. Ren could feel blood against his tongue.

‘This should be enough…’ Ren thought.

He had no more energy.

There was nothing left in the tank.

He had done everything he could.

 

His heart sunk.

Ren felt a cold hand against his scales.

He was instantly filled with dread

‘You have got to be kidding me…’

The Charmander’s grip tightened around him. Ren struggled with all of his might but to no avail.

He could not get out!

The Charmander was determined to kill him before it died.

It slowly raised its hand preparing to bite Ren’s head off.

‘This is it…’ Ren was filled with a sense of inferiority and grief. Even after all, of the effort he put in he was not able to defeat a red tier monster.

How large was this difference?

Still Ren did not give up. He put all of his faith into his preparations… into his hard work.

He prayed that the wounds the Gible had inflicted, the wounds he had inflicted and the blood it had lost over the course of the battles would kill it before it killed him.

His body was raised closer and closer to the Charmander’s mouth. He was just moments away from being eaten.

It was now or never. Ren gathered all of the strength he had. His spirit reserved were depleted so he had to make due with muscle power.

He struggled with all of his might.

The Charmander’s grip slightly loosened.

Ren slipped out of its hands and fell onto the sand.

He weakly turned his head and looked up.

The Charmander’s bloodshot eyes stared at him, full of hatred.

Blood flowed out of its throat.

Blood flowed out of its injuries.

It attempted to roar but found that it could not.

*Thud*

Its massive body collapsed backward onto the sand with a loud sound.

It was dead!

 

[Ding! You have far surpassed your limits and have beaten a creature of much greater physical attributes!]

[‘Acceleration’ and ‘Terrorize’ gain experience!]

[Agility has broken through the first barrier! Power has broken through the first barrier! Defense has broken through the first barrier! Spirit has increased!]

 

Status:

Host Name: Ren

Species: Ekans (Infant)

Element: Poison

Level: 0 [Limit: 5]

Bio-Energy: 2/10

Length: 12cm

Spirit: .7

Power: 1.0

Wisdom: 2.4

Agility: 1.2

Defense: 1.1

Skills: Breathless Breathing Technique [7.3%], Poison sting [4.32%], Terrorize [3.37%], Acceleration [4.45%]

Racial Skills: Shedding [4.65%]

 

Ren lay on the ground, shocked for a few seconds.

He had done it! He had killed the Charmander!

Euphoria, happiness and ultimately relief filled his mind.

The sun shone down on his head.

It felt so good to be alive… albeit as a snake.

The reality of the situation quickly caught up with Ren.

Yes, he had won.

But what about himself?

The wounds that he had sealed with aura had come undone and blood flowed out of his wounds.

His body was battered and bruised.

He even suspected that some of his bones were broken from the Charmander’s grip!

Ren observed the two carcasses of the creatures on the ground.

‘I have to consume them… I have to survive and get stronger.’

This battle had presented him with one harsh reality.

He was weak!

An incredibly weak Pokémon in a world full of powerful monsters that would not hesitate to rip him apart.


Ren's first major battle.  Do not fret. Ren will get stronger soon...

Thank you everyone for your support! We managed to get an official rating!

Tell me what you think (Comment and Review). 

 

If you are enjoying this fiction and would like to get access to chapters in advance, please access this link:

[email protected]/TeaDragon1

108