Chapter 44: Devious Plan
2.1k 12 63
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Hi Guys,

Just wanted to let you know that I will probably take 1 or 2 days off per week from now on.

There are a few reasons for this: 

1. I don't want to get burnt out

2. Exams are coming up.

3. I am beginning to work on some new projects. 

Continue giving me suggestions. :)

----------------------------------------------------

Ren and Eva rushed of the trees.

The Durant did not even know what hit it.

Eva activated [Confusion] and Ren simultaneously used his spirit to form swords.

Re began to cut into the Durant carefully, managing to tear off its legs from its body.

Blood squirted out of the wounds on the Durants legs as its body collapsed onto the ground.

Eva looked at the twitching body of the Durant, emotionlessly. It had already gotten used to such scenes of violence.

‘Why are you not killing it?’ Eva asked.

‘We need it.’ Ren said.

The Durant woke up from the [confusion]. It was immediately struck by a wave of pain.

*Shriek*

The screeches of the Durant echoed out throughout the surroundings.

Ren coldly stared at the Durant.

‘We need it… to attract more ants.’

Eva looked at Ren and the Durant in amazement.

‘Amazing…’

Ren knew that hunting Durants individually would be time-consuming, He needed a method of gathering Durants on mass and slaughtering them.

Ren thought it was ironic.

At one point, he was scared of being surrounded and killed by Durants. Now he was actively welcoming the Durants.

The Shrieks of the Durant echoed throughout the immediate surroundings.

More shrieks in the distance responded to the injured Durant's screams.

‘The ants are coming. Be prepared. Activate [Confusion: Widespread].’ Ren ordered. He was in charge during the battles and Eva would offer its thoughts.

‘Sure.’ Eva responded calmly. It had been in situations like this many times before.

Ren and Eva waited for a few minutes.

Shadows emerged from between the trees.

Durants! Five of them.

‘I guess the Durants have been multiplying.’ Ren concluded. The last time he had met them, the Durants formed a colony of over a hundred. How many ants were there now?

The Ants slowly emerged Ren and Eva, vary of them. They could clearly see their suffering companion on the floor.

Why was it not dead?

‘Now.’ Ren said.

Eva complied.

It released [Confusion: Widespread].

A wave of energy spread.

The Ants stopped moving for 2 seconds.

It was all the time that Ren needed.

[Spirit Control: Dark Pulse]

A wave of dark black energy spread out with Ren at the center. The Ralts had floated up, avoiding the wave.

[Spirit Control: Needles]

The wave of energy hit the confused Durants.

Poison began to corrode the outsides of the Ant’s skin. It was the newest skill that Ren learned. Through combining his aura and poison, he was able to poison surrounding enemies.

The poison was not very effective in killing enemies, but it would inflict massive pain.

Sure enough, the screams of the Durants echoed out as the Durant fell onto the floor.

The needles simultaneously struck the necks of the Durants. The corpses of the Durants fell onto the floor.

Species: Durant (Worker)

Potential: N/A

Level 2/2

Ren observed the status of the Durants.

‘They are growing.’ Ren determined. From the level 1 Durants, he had fought before to level 2 Durants.

It made sense. The queen would only continue to improve her abilities over time.

‘Don’t eat them yet. Our battles are not done.’ Ren said.

‘I know.’ The Ralts replied. The nerved began to kick in. Once they started to massacre ants, they could not stop until all of the ants in the surrounding area were killed.

After a few more minutes, more ants appeared from the trees.

They had evaluated the threat as large, owing to the large number of screams that they had heard.

The ant with its limbs cut off continued to scream out.

The Durants looked at their suffering and dead companions on the floor. Their eyes were filled with anger. They wanted to kill!

‘Come on!’ Ren thought to himself.

Ren launched his body forward.

Although his [Dark pulse] was a powerful poison skill, it also required a large amount of spirit.

Ren opened his both wide.

He condensed his spirit into a ball-like shape. The swirling ball of spirit grew larger and larger.

[Spirit Compression x2]

The swirling ball instantly shrunk and became more condensed. It started to violently shake as Ren imbued poison into it through [poison sting].

‘Okay.’ Ren thought.

He shot out the ball of spirit out.

[Spirit Concentration: Sludge bomb].

The ball traveled through the air and made contact with one of the ants. A large hole appeared right through the Durant’s body!

Ren was only getting started.

‘I want to make it a multi-target skill…’ Ren thought.

This was an opportunity to continue to refine his skills through battle.

He would not let this chance go.

‘Hey, Eva. Let’s go all out.’ Ren suggested.

‘Of course.’ Eva replied with a smile.

***

Ren lay collapsed on the ground.

‘Any more of them…?’ Ren inquired.

Eva was sitting on the ground two meters from him. It was also exhausted.

‘No… I think that’s all of them.’ Eva replied as it looked at the surrounding trees. There were no more ants that came rushing out from the trees.

It was dead silent.

The two of them lay in a pool of blood.

All around them, the corpses of the Durants lay collapsed on the ground.

Ren had lost track of the time.

According to his speculation, he had fought for more than 30 minutes. Half-eaten and dried-up corpses littered the battlefield.

Ren and Eva had to consume the corpses during the battle, to maintain their spirit. Even that had a limit and theirs was soon approaching.

It was a good thing that they had finished the battle.

‘We must have cleared all of the ants in the surrounding few kilometers.’ Ren concluded.

A rough estimate of the piles of corpses showed at least 30 Durants.

That was 30 Bioenergy.

‘Ren…’ Eva called out to him. Ren turned around.

‘Let me heal you, Ren.’ The Eva said as it looked at Ren’s wound with worry.

‘It’s nothing. It’s mostly the blood of the ants.’ Ren clarified quickly. Eva was also exhausted and he was not in some critical condition.

It was a foreign concept. Showing empathy.

‘No. You are injured.’ Eva insisted.

‘Come on. Worry about yourself first.’

‘No.’ Eva insisted as it neared Ren with its arms outstretched, ready to use [Life dew].

It was being stubborn.

The Ralts surprisingly pushy at times.

Ren pointed at the corpses of the Durants with his tail.

‘Let’s consume them first, ok?’ Ren said while pointing at the corpses of the Durants.

The Ralts hesitated for a moment before nodding.

‘Ok. But you have to let me heal you right after.’ Eva exclaimed.

Ren tore through his share of the corpses, while Eva [Drained] her part.

They were a team. No matter who killed more Pokémon, they both contributed. Ren no longer saw Eva as just some outsider.

The flesh of the Durants entered his stomach, quickly being converted into bioenergy.

‘Status’ Ren called out.

Host Name: Ren

Species: Draconic Ekans (Adolescent)

Element: Poison

Level: 3 [Limit: 5]

Bio-Energy: 125/70

Length: 376 cm

Spirit: 41

Power: 34

Wisdom: 17

Agility: 30

Defense: 33

Skills: Breathless Breathing Technique [32%], Poison sting [49%], Terrorize [62%], Acceleration [85%] Tier 2 - Limit breaker [30%] Pokémon Appraisal [51%] Spirit Concentration [40%], Stealth [7%]

Passive Skills: Tier 2 - Spirit Control [10%]

Racial Skills: Shedding [35%], Draconic body [11%]

He was nearing the 4-meter mark now. This was more than what a normal Ekans would grow to at level five.

Over the next day, Ren and the Ralts repeated the same procedure. They would hunt down one ant and then attract the surrounding ants.

Through this process, they were able to massacre large swathes of ants.

Their bioenergy continued to rapidly increase.

Ren stared at his status.

‘Finally ready for level 4.’ Ren thought as he stared at his status.

The taste of blood was still fresh on his tongue.

‘You are ready to level up as well right…?’ Ren asked as he turned to the Ralts.

‘Yes. I am ready.’ Eva confirmed while nodding her head. 

Ren activated his status.

Host Name: Ren

Species: Draconic Ekans (Adolescent)

Element: Poison

Level: 3 [Limit: 5]

Bio-Energy: 140/70

Length: 391 cm

Spirit: 48

Power: 37

Wisdom: 18

Agility: 34

Defense: 38

Skills: Breathless Breathing Technique [38%], Poison sting [54%], Terrorize [62%], Acceleration [87%] Tier 2 - Limit breaker [30%] Pokémon Appraisal [54%] Spirit Concentration [49%], Stealth [7%]

Passive Skills: Tier 2 - Spirit Control [13%]

Racial Skills: Shedding [35%], Draconic body [11%]

Ren and the Ralts moved away, back towards their home.

Behind them lay a pool of blood.

63