Chapter 45: Growth
2k 10 57
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

If you would like to support me, consider joining my Patreon. 

www.patreon.com/TeaDragon1

---------------------

Deep within the earth, in a large chamber, a large Pokémon lay. All around it, mini clone-like versions of it attended to its needs. 

A large pile of blood and flesh fragment stood to the side. 

If one looked carefully, they would identify it as a pile of Pokémon!

Every so often, the large monster would stretch out its long tongue and engulf one of the corpse fragments relishing in the taste. 

Eggs would be excreted from the Sac behind its body. 

It was the Ant queen. 

The Ant queen had gotten larger. From its previous 2.5 meters, the Ant queen had grown to nearly 4 meters.

Its large body was now covered by a purple-like metallic substance. 

It suddenly shifted its body. 

What was wrong? 

Some of the connections were gone! It had happened again! 

The Queen could no longer let this continue. Too many of its clones had gone missing. 

The queen was instantly wary.

The battle against the snake Pokémon had taught it a few lessons. 

Previously, the newborn Queen had been conceited. She had considered herself to be at the top of the food chain. Although this belief had not changed, it had learnt a valuable lesson. 

Others could challenge it. 

Others could harm its interest.

The Queen hated this very idea. In order to prevent this from happening, the Queen could only think of one solution. 

Develop its abilities. Become larger. Get more clones. 

Over the past few weeks, since it had fought against the Snake Pokémon, the queen had raised the size of its army from just above a hundred to nearly two hundred and fifty.

It had to be known that although the Queen’s ability was extremely strong it was not infinite. Just the fact that she had reached two hundred and fifty offspring at level four was indicative of how much she had trained her abilities. 

Of course, this was not enough. 

The Queen, having reached the limit in the number of offspring, continued to refine the abilities of the offspring she created. 

[Mind connection] was one of the skills that had come from this. 

The queen would connect her mind to the mind of her offspring. 

The ability had two main functions. 

Of them was a passive function. It would allow her to confirm the status of her offspring.

She had just felt the connection to several of her offspring cutting off. 

This was the third time! 

The Queen had disregarded the last two times. Occasionally, her offspring would encounter a power A or B tier monster and be wiped out. 

She would normally direct them away from the general area of the powerful Pokémon

But three times in a row in quick succession? 

The queen was sure that she had accurately mapped out the strong Pokémon in the surrounding area. Had another strong Pokémon migrated?

This was no longer a coincidence.  

The queen activated her [Mental connection], connecting to one of her clones near the ongoing battle. 

This was an extremely draining process, given the fact that her clones were so far away from her. 

Blood. 

Corpses. 

This was all the Ant queen could see. 

The clone’s body, which she was using to observe the surroundings, began to shake. In its vision appeared

It was longer, reaching nearly 4 meters long. The most prominent feature of its body were the swirls, thick beautiful silver swirls covered its body, giving it a mystical appearance.   

All around it, the corpses of half-eaten Durants lay in puddles of their own blood. 

The queen could still remember it.

Even though it looked different now, the Queen could tell. It was the snake. The same snake that had attacked its colony before. 

The Ekans. 

In a flash, the corpse of the creature that the Queen inhabited was disconnected from the mind web. 

The queen’s mind returned to her own body. 

‘Hiss…’ 

The ant queen was angry. Extremely angry.

 The Durant attendants around her became restless.

Memories flashed through her eyes. Of the previous battles with the snake. The loss of life and her rashness. 

She had recklessly let her Hunter ants out after the snake and they had all been hunted down, becoming food for the Snake.

 Now, the Ekans wanted to revenge.

She needed something stronger.

There was only one thought on her mind. 

She had to get rid of the snake. 

Unlike other powerful monsters, this snake was purposely hunting its clones down, whittling down the population of the nest. Moreover, it was intelligent! It was able to use the hunting strategy of the Durants against them. Although only about 60 ants had died, her snake would only continue to hunt her offspring.

This was a serious threat to her life.

The queen screeched into the air. 

All of her attendant ants scuttled out of the chamber and into the tunnels. 

*Thud**Thud* 

Soft thudding noises resounded out. 

[Avatar] 

The queen activated one of her skills.

From the shadows of the chamber, two large figures began to slowly move.

Her trump card. 

She would use them to ensure the future of her colony.

***

Ren’s eyes fluttered open. 

‘It is done already, huh?’ Ren thought. 

‘Where am I?’ Ren thought. It was unfamiliar… this place. There was no warm wood against his skin. 

His surroundings were not dark but rather illuminated as if its way time.

Memories began to flash past his eyes. 

‘Oh… that’s right…’ Ren thought.

After reaching the level limit, Ren and Eva had looked for a place to level up. Ren’s body was too large to fit in the old oak tree. 

Eva had remembered the cave where they had fought the Oranguru as a place large enough.  

When Ren asked why she was happy, she told him that it was the place where the two of them had met and she would never forget it.

Ren was speechless, but followed her. Although it was definitely not as cozy or comfortable as the old tree, it had security. 

After becoming irreversible enemies with the ant colony, Ren wanted this sense of security.

Ren slowly began to move his tail. 

‘A pressure… fuck… did it do it again?’ 

Ren uncurled his head and observed his body. 

The light of the large Crystal on the roof of the cavern lit up his body. 

‘Fuck.’ 

On top of his coiled body, the Ralts lay sleeping. 

‘I told it clearly! Why does it keep on doing this?’ Ren thought. Was it too much to ask to sleep in peace? 

The Ralts began to slowly awaken due to the movement of Ren’s body. It slowly got up and began to rub its eyes. 

‘Ren…?’ Eva called out.

‘What are you here?’ Ren asked immediately. 

Eva stood there dazed for a minute. 

‘What do you mean…?’ she asked as her eyes darted around suspiciously.

‘It has even learnt to lie…’ Ren thought. Ren was proud of its mental development yet also angry at the same time. 

‘You know what I mean.’ Ren said aggressively. 

‘No… I don’t.’ Eva replied. 

‘Eva…’ Ren called out her name like a parent would call out their child. 

Under Ren’s relentless stare, Eva finally gave in.

‘I was just cold… I wanted to get some warmth.’ Eva tried to explain as it stuttered on its words.

‘Yeah right.’ Ren thought.

Ren thought back to the events before the level up. He had clearly pointed out the place that Eva was meant to sleep on with his tail. 

Learning from his past mistakes, Ren had even observed Eva lying down on the stone floor. 

After observing her still figure for a few minutes, Ren had activated his level up. 

Ren realized that he had been tricked! This fucking Ralts. When had it become so cunning? 

‘You tricked me.’ Ren accused as he pointed her tail at Eva. 

Eva’s eyes darted furiously around the room. 

‘No… I um…’ Eva immediately began to stutter, trying to justify her actions.

‘Did you trick me into thinking that you fell asleep before?’ Ren asked.

‘No… um… Yes.’ Eva confirmed. 

‘After I began my hibernation, did you immediately get up and use my body as a bed…?’ Ren asked once again.

Perhaps he was being petty, but Ren wanted to understand Eva’s actions. He wanted to know why she did it.

‘Well… I wouldn’t say immediately…’ Eva tried to justify as its body began to shake.

There was a few seconds of silence, as Ren’s cold eyes bore right into Eva’s soul.

‘Yes.’ Eva quietly whispered, confirming Ren’s speculation.

‘So you lied to me.’ Ren continued his questioning.   

‘Yes… I mean no!’ Eva tried to deny. 

Both of them were silent for a few seconds. 

‘I… just wanted to make sure that you did not leave.’ The Ralts replied as its head turned to the ground. 

It still maintained a smile, yet its smile was lackluster and sad.

Ren was struck with a wave of sadness. 

Ren raised his tail and began to rub the Ralt’s hair. 

‘I already told you right. I won’t leave.’ Ren said clearly. ‘So don’t worry about it anymore, ok? Just sleep in peace’ Ren tried to comfort the Ralts. 

The Ralts closed its eyes, enjoying the feeling of the head rub. 

‘Ok!’ Eva replied with enthusiasm. Ren liked Eva’s cheerful smile. It was contagious. 

‘Will you sleep on top of my body again?’ Ren confirmed. 

‘Yes!’ The Ralts replied without any hesitation.

Ren’s eyes began to twitch. Had they not just discussed this? 

‘It’s much more comfortable than sleeping on the stone!’ Eva clarified. 

‘Good enough.’ Ren thought. ‘At least there is some progress.’

Eva floated into the air, finally freeing Ren’s body. 

Ren slowly uncoiled his long body. 

It was longer. Much longer now.

 

Host Name: Ren

Species: Draconic Ekans (Adolescent)

Element: Poison

Level: 4 [Limit: 5]

Bio-Energy: 0/90

Length: 461 cm

Spirit: 61

Power: 45

Wisdom: 18

Agility: 35

Defense: 43

Skills: Breathless Breathing Technique [38%], Poison sting [54%], Terrorize [62%], Acceleration [87%] Tier 2 - Limit breaker [30%] Pokémon Appraisal [54%] Spirit Concentration [49%], Stealth [7%]

Passive Skills: Tier 2 - Spirit Control [13%]

Racial Skills: Shedding [45%], Draconic body [22%]

 

He was much more powerful now. 

Ren was filled with confidence. With his current length and range of skills, he was more confident in defeating the Ant nest.

Ren could also feel his body’s lack of energy. 

‘First, I have to recharge.’ Ren thought. First, he would bask in the Sun’s rays. Then he would begin the hunt!

‘Let’s go, Eva!’ Ren called as his body began to slither towards the blocked entrance to the cavern.

The slightly larger Ralts turned to him and nodded its head, following him.

57