Chapter 47: Avatar (Part 2)
1.9k 4 52
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

If you would like to support me, consider joining my Patreon. 

www.patreon.com/TeaDragon1


‘Eva, how many more [Psybeam] can you use?’ Ren questioned.

Eva assessed her own body condition before turning to Ren.

‘Three… maybe four… do you have a plan, Ren?’ Eva asked in desperation.

Eva’s Psybeam was the only skill that seemed to have a visible effect on the mental state of the ants.

The Psybeam probably traveled through the link between the avatar and the Queen. [Confusion] probably did not have a significant effect because it was not strong enough.

Ren had to use his own spirit efficiently.

‘Incapacitating them… that should work.’ Ren decided.

If he could not make them feel pain, then stopping them from moving would be the best way to defeat them.

The Durant Avatars charged, under the control of the Durant queen.

‘Eva, get ready to use [Psybeam]. It will be all right I have a plan!’ Ren said loudly.

Eva stared at Ren for a few seconds before nodding. She calmed herself down. She had to be at her best to help Ren… she wanted to survive!

‘Ok!’ Eva affirmed while nodding her head.

While gritting his teeth from the pain, Ren channeled his spirit in front of him.

Ren thought back to Earth… to the tools that he remembered. One such tool popped into his mind… a tool that would allow him to cut through flesh like it was nothing.

The spirit quickly contorted in shape and turned into a circular, thin blade. The blade began to spin, creating a soft whirring sound.

Eva’s large breaths rang out in his ears. ‘Come on… Ren’

‘More…’ Ren thought.

If they wanted to survive, it had to be more powerful.

[Spirit Compression x2]

The blade instantly shrunk, yet gained more power.

Ren duplicated the spinning blade a few more times.

Spinning blades surrounded him.

The Durants continued to charge.

[Quick attack]

The Durants jumped into the air, leaping quickly towards Ren.

‘Now!’

Eva released her [Psybeam].

[Spirit Control: Stonecutter].

The blades shot out from around Ren at extreme speeds.

They cut through the air.

‘Come on…’ Ren adjusted the angle of the blades.

The blades pierced through flesh like a knife through butter, cutting off some of the Durant Avatar’s limbs.

The Avatars fell to the ground.

Blood fell out of their wounds, yet they did not scream.

‘This is it.’ Ren thought.

They might not feel pain, but they still moved forward like any other biological life form.

With their legs removed… their ability to move around sharply declined.

‘Tch… only a few legs…’

Ren had managed to cut off three legs of one of the ants and one leg of the other. The Ant with three legs cut of flailed around.

The ant with only one leg cut off continued charging forward. The Durant queen understood that they had to take the initiative!

Ren also charged forward.

‘Eva cover me!’ Ren shouted.

Aura spread out from the charging Durant before suddenly disappearing.

‘What happened!’

‘Ren above you!’ Eva shouted through their telepathic link.

Ren bounced of the ground and dodged to the side. A sharp blade of aura etched itself into the soil.

[Guillotine]

‘What the fuck…’ Ren thought. Any slower and he would have been…

Ren shuddered just thinking about it. The Durant continued its charge.

‘If it activates another one…’ Ren thought.

He had to be quick! Ren channeled his spirit in front of him.

‘Sludge ball won’t work… dark pulse… might slow it down… ok… let’s go with that…’ Ren quickly thought up a plan.

The Durant was only a few meters away now.

[Spirit Control: Dark pulse]

A poison imbued wave of dark energy traveled out from his body, towards the charging Durant. The Durant was pushed slightly back.

Ren took a hold of this opportunity.

‘Eva!’

‘On it.’ Eva replied.

The Psybeam was instantly fired, stopping the charging ant.

[Spirit Control: Jaws]

Ren activated his one of his deadliest skills.

A gigantic pair of gigantic teeth manifested in front of him.

‘Come on!’

[Compression x2]

The jaws instantly shrunk.

‘That should do it…’ Ren thought.

Ren’s body soared through the air.

[Acceleration]

The Jaws extended out in front of him.

‘Bite!’ With great momentum, the jaws bit down on the Durant’s head.

*Crunch*

The chilling sound of bones being crushed rang out.

‘Die motherfucker…’ Ren shouted out.

The head of the Durant was being crushed.

The Durant instantly began to struggle.

‘No you don’t…’ Ren thought as he wrapped his injured body around the Durant, preventing it from escaping.

Ren’s thick, muscular body began to contract, while the Spirit Jaws continued to crush down.

Muscle and flesh began to tear.

‘God damn…’

The head of the Durant Avatar was cut straight through. It was beheaded.

Ren looked at the twitching headless corpse.

‘Is it finally down…’

The Headless corpse stopped moving. The queen’s connection to the avatar had been cut!.

Ren unwound his body.

‘Come on Eva!’ Ren called out to Eva, He did not let the victory cloud his judgment. He had to quickly get rid of the other one.

Eva stared at Ren’s injured body.

Eva floated towards him and silently began to cast [life dew] on his reopened wounds.

‘Eva…’

‘Heal up first… if something happened to you…’ Eva whispered while looking down. She was concerned. She did not want to see him die.

Ren nodded his head and let her heal him.

‘That’s enough.’ Ren said. ‘Continue to heal me after, ok?’ Ren called.

‘Ok.’ Eva understood the gravity of the situation.

Ren shot forward once again.

The following battle went pretty smoothly. With three of its legs cut off, the remaining ant had little mobility.

Ren made quick work of it using his remaining spirit.

Ren collapsed on top of the corpse of the three-legged creature. Eva floated towards it.

‘Good job,’ Ren complimented. He was so tired.

Eva began to heal Ren’s wounds.

‘Which one do you want?’ Ren asked as he pointed at the two corpses.

Eva looked at the two corpses. Memories of the previous battle flashed past her eyes.

‘I…I do not deserve either…’ Eva stuttered.

Ren was confused.

‘What do you mean…?’

‘I didn’t do anything… I was useless… you got injured…’ Eva said as she pointed at Ren’s blood splashed across the ground.

Her skills had had a limited effect on the Ant Avatars. It showed her inability to adapt to different enemies.

Ren on the other hand… he was always able to find a method to win…

Ren was silent for a while. He tried to understand her worries.

‘So she is worried about being a deadweight…?’ Ren thought to himself.

‘Yeah… you were not too useful in this battle.’ Ren confirmed.

Water began to gather in the corner of her eyes.

‘Yeah… I am…’

‘But that does not mean you cannot improve! It does not mean that you cannot become useful!’ Ren interrupted.

Her skills were limited in ability? Improve them then!

She did not have a wide array of skills? Experiment! Create new ones!

Eva immediately looked up, her eyes wide open.

‘That is what life is! Constantly growing stronger! Constantly improving yourself. You feel useless? Grow from that desire!’ Ren shouted out.

Eva was silent for a while, contemplating Ren’s words

‘I will!’ Eva replied. ‘I will grow stronger… strong enough that you can rely on me!’ Eva continued with newfound determination.

‘Good! We are not done yet. We have one last battle to attend to.’ Ren said as he turned towards the direction of the Ant nest.

It was time to take out the Queen!

52