Chapter 48: Boss
1.9k 6 50
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

If you would like to support me and get access to advanced chapters consider joining my Patreon. 

www.patreon.com/TeaDragon1

Also, there will not be a chapter tomorrow. See you on Sunday.

----------------------------------------------------

Ren continued to stare out at the large mound through the thick, long grass. 

‘It’s gotten larger…’ Ren thought. 

Previously, the ant colony had only been a few meters tall. Now it was nearly 10 meters tall.

‘How many ants are there…?’ Ren thought to himself.

‘Ren… how are we going to attack?’ Eva asked. Even she understood that going into the ant colony would be suicide. 

They would be within the enemy’s home territory. They would easily get swarmed by hordes of ants. 

‘We are not going in.’ Ren said calmly, after analyzing the situation.

Eva was confused. Yes it would be risky, but how else would they attack and kill the queen?

‘Then how are we going to attack?’ Eva asked. 

Ren eyed the tens of ant holes that lined the exterior of the ant colony. Unlike previously, there were no ants lining the paths leading into the ant colony. 

‘The Colony is prepared for war.’ Ren concluded. All of the ants had been called back inside. They were probably swarming the insides, ready to completely engulf Ren and Eva. 

Ren was confident in his abilities… but this...? It would be suicide.

‘We are going to have to draw them out.’ Ren replied. 

Eva looked even more confused. 

Ren began to explain. 

‘We are going to attack the mound and force the ants to come out.’ Ren further clarified. 

Eva was puzzled. 

‘How is that going to draw them out?’ Eva asked curiously. She wanted to help Ren… but do that she would have to first understand strategy. 

Ren sighed. How should he go about explaining this? 

‘It is like this… um… attacking the mound will cause the structure to be compromised, causing parts of the structure to collapse. The Ants will be forced outside to survive and stop themselves from being buried alive.’ Ren explained. 

‘Also a collapsed mound will make the Queen vulnerable’ Ren thought to himself.

Eva nodded. A look of realization overcame her. 

‘Amazing.’ Eva said with bright shining eyes.

 

Ren felt a bit embarrassed. 

‘Ok. Let us do this. Eva, you have to be ready to use your confusion: widespread. You have to time it correctly!’ Ren exclaimed. 

‘I… I… Have to time it…?’ Eva said feeling frightened. Ren was always the one commanding her. 

‘Yeah. You have to do it. I will be tied up controlling spirit. When you feel like enough ants have come out, use it and tell me.’ 

Ren did not want to give Eva self-autonomy in such a large battle… but he was planning on doing something large. It would need his utmost concentration.

‘Can you do it?’ Ren asked again with expectant eyes. 

‘I have never used such a large-scale confusion before… but… I’ll do it!’ Eva said with determination

Ren was relying on her. 

Ren sighed out in relief. 

He stared at the ant colony. He did not want to rush things, but it was the best time. The Ant numbers had been cut in half and the Queen was injured from the backlash of losing her Avatars. 

Ren had already healed (from Eva’s life dew) and his spirit reserves had nearly completely after consuming the corpse of the Durant avatar.

It was the perfect time to kill the Yellow tier Pokémon!

Ren channeled his spirit in front of him and slowly emerged from the grass. 

The barren wasteland that the Ants had cleared outspread out in front of him. 

‘Get Ready, Eva! I am counting on you!’ Ren said. 

Eva nodded before floating behind Ren. She also got ready. 

‘First, draw them out and destroy the mound.’ Ren thought. 

There was only one skill for the job. His spirit began to gather in front of him. A small red orb manifested. 

Tendrils of spirit fed into the orb, causing the orb to rapidly grow in size. 

It got bigger and bigger, larger and more resplendent. 

Ren did not stop.

Finally, a large volleyball shaped ball appeared in front of him. 

‘Duplicate.’ Ren thought. 

With great efficiency, 10 orbs appeared in front of him. 

Ren did not compress the balls. He wanted a large area of attack skill. 

‘Go!’ With a wave of his tail, the orbs began to spin around at high speeds. 

‘Shoot!’ 

With another motion of his tail, the Balls shot out towards the Ant nest. 

[Sludge Bomb] 

The balls rapidly traveled the distance between Ren and the nest. Upon making contact with the nest, the balls of spirit exploded. 

Large holes began to appear, around the base of the nest.

Tunnels collapsed onto themselves.

‘Another round.’ 

Ren shot another round of [Sludge Bombs] 

*Screech* 

A chilling screech erupted from inside the ant colony.

The Ants began to pour out of the collapsing mound. Tens of them. 

‘Second part now.’ 

Ren zoned out the approaching ants. 

He began to activate his second, large-scale attack. 

Red aura gathered in front of him, before disappearing. 

No… this was inaccurate. The Aura had reappeared in the sky. Ren's eyes were focused on the spirit in the sky. 

‘More.’ 

More spirit was channeled into the sky.

Ren thought of this move after fighting against the Ant avatar. 

‘Swords… and blades…’ Ren thought. 

The spirit began to condense and contort, slowly forming blade-like shapes. 

The Ants continued to charge out of the nests. 

Eva was sweating. Her eyes focused intensely on the mounds. By now the leading ants were only a few meters away. 

It was a daunting sight. 

A sea of tens of ants… perhaps more than a hundred approaching them like cavalry on a battlefield.

‘More… more… more…’ Eva wanted to activate her skill immediately, yet she held back. 

‘Now!’ With a loud shout, Eva activated her skill. 

[Confusion: Widespread] 

A large wave of energy spread out with her in the center. 

The Ants momentarily stopped moving. 

‘Ren! GO!’ Eva shouted out. 

Ren released his newest skill. 

[Spirit Control: Blade Rain] 

The blades dropped down from the sky like lightning bolts, striking into the carapaces of the frozen Durant workers.

Holes formed on the bodies of the Ants. 

The effects of the confusion wore off. 

Some of the ants died immediately, some of them cried out before dying while others suffered in pain. 

There were a few lucky survivors who were soon killed off. 

‘My spirit…’ 

It was nearly gone… the skill had nearly depleted everything he had. 

Ren looked at the pile of corpses surrounding him. It made him excited. Was this true power? Was this the feeling of total control… of domination? 

‘Ren!’ Eva called out excitedly. 

‘You did well.’ Ren said softly as he patted her head with his tail. 

Eva closed her eyes enjoying the sensation. 

Ren looked at the half-collapsed mound. 

‘Some of them were probably buried alive…’ Ren concluded. Ren was not worried about the Durant workers. 

‘Is the queen finally going to show itself?’ Ren thought.

From the collapsed soil of one of the sections of the mounds, a head popped out. 

From the soil, the rest of the creature’s body appeared. 

Its body was battered and bruised. Its grossly disproportionately large head and egg Sac seemed to be shriveled.

Ren could tell without even looking at his status. 

This was the queen! The yellow-ranked monster.

50