Chapter 50: Peak Master Battle
1.9k 13 50
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

If you would like to get access to chapters in advance and support me, then consider joining my Patreon. 

www.patreon.com/TeaDragon1

-------------------------------------

 Ren stared at the monster in front of him with a calm gaze. 

His eyes peered over the monster’s body. 

It was a bipedal creature, standing at about 3 or 4 meters high. Thick black fur covered its body, contrasted by bright red highlights. 

A feline face with deep, piercing eyes stared back at Ren. 

‘Appraisal’ 

In one smooth motion, his [Appraisal] skill activated. 

 

Species: Weavile

Potential: B

Level 5/5 (Perfect)

 

It was another perfect ranked, level 5 Pokémon! 

Memories flashed pat Ren’s eyes. The Battle with the Oranguru… the bloody battle… 

It should have filled him with fear. 

This was another monster on the Oranguru’s level… no that was inaccurate. 

Ren’s institution told him that the monster in front of him was not at the Level of the Oranguru… it was above it!

Despite these facts… Ren did not feel fear. 

Despite the fact that he was facing a monster at such a level, Ren did not feel fear.

‘It must be all of the battles that I have gone through…’ Ren concluded. 

Over the past few weeks, Ren and Eva had traversed many different terrains and parts of the islands. 

Ren had noticed a pattern after a while. 

Low-level Pokémon no longer provided them with significant amounts of bioenergy, nor did they prove to be a significant challenge to defeat.

In order to level up their skills and gain more bioenergy, Ren and Eva began to target higher-level opponents.

This quest for high-level nutrients, lead to Ren making another shocking discovery. 

It seemed that this island had its own system of ‘gyms’ like the Pokémon franchise. 

Of course, they were not literally gyms, with actual laws.

Each mountain on the island contained an extremely strong, perfect tier Pokémon like the Oranguru. 

Eva liked to call them ‘mountain masters’ and the name stuck. 

The Weaville was not the second mountain master that Ren and Eva decided to fight. 

It was the Third!

After fighting the Oranguru, they had fought against another peak master. The fight had been tough, but together, Ren and Eva were able to come out on top. 

‘Ren do you want me to activate ‘it’ again?’ Eva asked inquisitively. 

Ren pondered for a while. 

‘No… its best to leave it for later. Just be careful. This one is stronger than the one we fought before.’ 

Eva nodded in affirmation. 

The Weavile began to purr. 

Yellow aura gathered on its arms before being converted. 

‘Darkness.’ Ren observed. 

Its claws were outstretched, ready for the battle. 

It charged forward, its teeth curling up into a ferocious grin. It could tell that these were high-level opponents. 

In such situations, taking the initiative was the key. 

The Weaville was a close-range fighter. It needed to close the gap between them as close as it could. 

Ren also realized this. 

He might be all right… but Eva… 

Red aura gathered in front of him, shaping into a ball. 

The ball rapidly duplicated itself.

[Sludge Bomb]

The Orbs of energy shot out, rapidly racing towards the Weaville. 

[Agility]

The Weavile’s leg muscles bulged out, as thick veins began to pump blood throughout its legs. Instantly its movement speed and nimbleness increased.

The [Sludge Bombs] hit the ground, creating small explosions, yet the Weaville was able to dodge them. 

Those that it could not dodge, it deflected with [Metal Claw]. 

‘Shit. Eva… get ready’ 

‘Ok.’ Eva confirmed, as she floated into the air above Ren. 

He needed to push the Weavile back. 

[Dark pulse] 

A wave of dark energy spread out from Ren, rapidly racing towards the Weavile. 

The Weavile once again tried to cut through the wave with its claws. 

‘Idiot.’ Ren thought. 

The Pulse of energy hit the Weavile. Its effects began to show immediately. 

The Weavile was instantly hit with a stinging pain. Its skin was being corroded. 

It rapidly activated its aura, to protect itself. 

‘How do you like my improved poison?’ Ren asked. 

 

Host Name: Ren

Species: Draconic Ekans (Adolescent)

Element: Poison

Level: 5 [Limit: 5]

Bio-Energy: 9/120

Length: 710 cm

Spirit: 92

Power: 62

Wisdom: 25

Agility: 40

Defense: 61

Skills: Breathless Breathing Technique [75%], Tier 2 – Poison Control [23%], Terrorize [62%], Acceleration [98%] Tier 2 - Limit breaker [50%] Pokémon Appraisal [82%] Spirit Concentration [84%], Stealth [45%]

Passive Skills: Tier 2 - Spirit Control [43%]

Racial Skills: Shedding [45%], Draconic body [22%]

 

Ren’s skills and stats had dramatically shifted. He was now 7 meters long. 

And his poison. It had become a level 2 skill. With its level up, Ren’s poison had gained stronger properties and a wider array of applications. 

He could now better integrate the poison into his skills. 

 

The Weavile eyes turned Red. 

It understood the circumstances it was in. If it did not take a stand here… it would die!

 [Tier 2 – Extreme Revenge] 

The Weavile activated its strongest skill… gained through months of grinding and training.

Its body began to bulge. 

Its muscles began to inflate as did its height. It rapidly grew from about 3.5 meters to 6 meters in height. 

‘This monster.’ 

Ren could not help but marvel at the giant figure in front of him. 

It was not the end. 

Its muscles rapidly decompressed, returned to their original size. 

No… they got even smaller. 

Its height decreased rapidly. 

6 meters…. 5 meters… 4 meters… 

It shot past its original height and finally stopped at 2 meters. 

Ren stared at the Pokémon in front of him.

From a purely appearance standpoint, the Weavile had not changed. But underneath it all… a great change had occurred!

Its muscles had rapidly compressed and its power had exponentially increased. 

Its deep red eyes turned towards Ren, the target of its revenge. 

It activated a tier 2 skill!

‘I see… a tier two skill in full force. Eva on my mark activate it!’

Eva nodded her head. 

Her body floated high in the air, above Ren’s won. 

[Tier 2 - Mind Rupture] 

It was another tier 2 skill! In the last few days, Eva had also progressed. 

A beam of light shot out. 

The Weavile did not have the time to process what was happening. The beam of light hit the Weavile. 

‘Rupture.’ Eva said slowly. 

With the evolution of Eva’s skill [Psybeam], her skills abilities drastically increased. The effectiveness of the skill against higher tier Pokémon increased. 

That was not all! 

The Weavile continued its charge, but its movements were slower. 

It gave Ren the perfect opportunity. 

[Sludge Bomb: Poison] 

*** 

The battle ended swiftly after that. 

Ren and Eva slowly bore away at its endurance and under the numerous debuffs, the Weavile finally died. 

Ren once again realized how much the two of them had progressed, not only in terms of strength but also in terms of teamwork. 

Eva stood on top of the corpse. 

‘Ren… I want the head part.’ Eva said as she licked her lips. 

‘Are you a zombie…?’ Ren thought.

Ren could not remember how it started. But over time, Eva had begun to choose the head component as her spoils. 

She fell in love with the taste of brains. 

Ren was somewhat concerned but seeing as there did not seem to be any large consequences, Ren did not oppose to it. 

The only thing that concerned him was the fact that he was stuck with the bottom half… 

‘Of course, Pokémon at the stage have not really developed sexual characteristics.’ Ren thought to himself.

Otherwise, he would be forced to… 

Ren did not even want to think about it. 

‘Go, ahead…’ Ren motioned with his head.

He manifested a giant butchers knife and began to split the corpse into two. 

‘Let’s dig in’

50