Chapter 53: Mad Hunt
1.5k 7 45
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

If you would like to get chapters in advance and support me, consider joining my Patreon. 

www.patreon.com/TeaDragon1 

----------------------------------------------

Ren stared at his surroundings cautiously.

‘Fuck… that hurts’ he thought to himself. 

First, the Zeraora had struck his body and he had fallen from a height of tens of meters into a deep ravine.

It was a good thing that he had cushioned his fall through the use of spirit.

‘At least, it should not be able to find me.’ Ren thought. 

The Zeraora did not even know he was in here. Plus, even for the Zeraora while getting down would not be a problem, getting back up would be another problem altogether. 

‘That applies to me as well.’ Ren thought. 

He would not have taken such drastic measures if he had no choice. 

‘First I have to check my condition’ Ren deliberated. 

He used his tail to examine his body. 

He traced the area where the Zeraora had made contact with his flesh. 

‘There’s a dent.’ Ren muttered. 

It reminded him of a battle that he had against… 

‘Eva!’ Ren remembered. In the chaos… where had she gone? 

‘She should be safe.’ Ren thought. The Zeraora had chased him for a while. She should have had enough time to get to safety. 

Ren was worried about her survival. Could she survive without him?

She should be able to hold up as long as she did not get into any high-ranking fights…

‘Wait for me.’ Ren thought.

Ren went back to examining his condition. He had a few broken bones and bruises covered his body. 

*Rattle**Rattle* 

Sounds entered his ears. 

‘What is that?’ Ren thought. The dark shadows of the vine-covered ravine walls blanketed the Ravine in darkness. 

Ren gathered his aura on his eyes. 

His vision became slightly stronger. This was a technique that he borrowed from some green aura Pokémon. While Red aura was not as strong, it could also be used to augment certain body parts and senses. 

The darkness slightly faded and Ren could see a clearer picture of the ravine. 

‘What the fuck?’ Ren thought. 

Bones. 

That was not the problem. Ren had seen plenty of bones before. The sight before him shocked him. 

‘Skeletons. What the fuck?’ 

Before him, a large Dinosaur like Pokémon skeleton was moving around.

The skeletons of Pokémon were moving!

Ren observed the rattling skeleton. 

 

 

‘Appraisal.’ 

 

Species: Skeleton (Cranidos)

Level: N/A

Potential: N/A

 

‘Again?’ Ren thought to himself. 

It reminded him of the clones of the Durant Queen. Was there another controller Pokémon around here?

No… it had a different feel. 

This was a Pokémon that used to be alive, and now in death, it was being manipulated. 

Ren did not think about it anymore. 

 

[Sludge bomb]

Ren let out a ball of compressed spirit. 

‘With its agility, it should not be able to dodge it.’ Ren concluded. 

Sure enough, the sludge bomb hit and exploded.

A small cloud of dust was kicked up before dissipating. 

‘What?’ Ren thought. 

The Skeleton remained, unscratched. 

[Resistance] 

[Reflect] 

A ball of spirit shot back towards Ren. 

‘Fuck.’ 

Ren slid his body to the side rapidly. The ball of spirit exploded, piercing through his body and slightly charring his flesh. 

‘Spirit attacks don’t work.’ Ren concluded. 

‘If that’s the case…’ 

Ren’s large 7-meter body shot forward. 

It was time to show the power of the snake. 

[Slash] 

The Skeleton continued to crudely slash its arms forward. 

Ren easily dodged to the side before wrapping his body around the Cranidos. 

His jaws opened up widely before biting down on the Cranidos’s skull. 

The bones collapsed onto the ground.

Ren unwrapped his body. 

‘That is it?’ Ren thought. 

Ren swallowed the skull of the Cranidos.

His body began to itch and tingle. 

 

‘Status’ Ren thought to himself.

 

Host Name: Ren

Species: Draconic Ekans (Adult)

Element: Poison

Level: 5 [Limit: 5]

Bio-Energy: 10/120

Length: 711 cm

Spirit: 92

Power: 64

Wisdom: 25

Agility: 41

Defence: 62

Skills: Breathless Breathing Technique [75%], Tier 2 – Poison Control [23%], Terrorize [62%], Acceleration [99%] Tier 2 - Limit breaker [50%] Pokémon Appraisal [82%] Spirit Concentration [84%], Stealth [45%]

Passive Skills: Tier 2 - Spirit Control [43%]

Racial Skills: Shedding [45%], Draconic body [22%]

 

His bioenergy had gone up and his physical abilities had improved drastically. This shocked Ren. He had thought that Bioenergy was a purely physical thing but it seemed that there were other components involved in this process. 

*Rattle**Rattle* 

The shadows surrounding him seemed to come alive. 

Skeletons of different Pokémon, both big and small appeared.  They seemed to want revenge for their companion. 

Ren tossed his thoughts about the origins of the ravine to the back of his mind. He had enemies to face. 

In the dark, dreary Ravine, Ren dragged his battered body into the fight.

‘Come on.’ Ren thought. 

He jumped towards the nearest skeleton.

*** 

He could not go on any longer. 

The enemies were not that strong but their numbers posed to be a serious problem. 

Ren retreated away from the hordes of the undead. He scouted out the surroundings looking for a place to rest. 

The horde of undead chased after him. 

What was this place?

In all directions, he could see lone moving undead. As soon as he attacked one of them, the rest would be alerted. 

Moreover, he could not use spirit attacks to destroy them from a distance. 

Ren eventually lost the horde of undead. He found a small cave chiselled into the ravine wall, a few meters above the bottom of the ravine. 

It would provide him with some level of safety. 

Ren channelled his spirit around his body, closing some of the wounds. 

‘Eva…’ 

Without her, he would not be able to heal his wounds. 

Ren turned back towards the Ravine and observed the moving corpses. 

‘I have to develop a new skill.’ Ren decided. 

It could not be some type of energy attack. He needed a method to destroy a large number of spirit resistant creatures. 

Ren thought about it hard. 

He motioned his spirit together in front of him. He then willed it to spin around. 

‘A black hole.’ Ren thought. 

His applications of his spirit were too simple. He understood from his ‘dark pulse’ move that he could imbue properties on his spirit, within certain boundaries.

The hordes of undead could only be taken out by destroying their ‘skull’. 

In order to do that, he had to create a skill to remove the head from the body. Their high spirit resistance made skills like [Spirit Control: Jaws] improbable. He needed something more indirect. 

He thought of the black hole’s ability to attract things. 

‘Could I program this ability so that it attracts specific targets?’ Ren wondered. 

 

45