Chapter 55: Secret
5.8k 22 48
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

If you would like to support me and get access to chapters in advance, then consider joining my Patreon. 

www.patreon.com/TeaDragon1


Ren whipped his tail around, wrapping his tail around the bones of the leg of the Bone creature. 

The Tyrunt’s claws continued to pierce into Ren’s flesh.

‘Quick!’ Ren thought in a hurry. With great precision, Ren used all of his strength to pull on the bone leg of the creature.

*Rattle*

The creature fell onto the ground. Ren used the opportunity to [accelerate] away.

Ren stared at the fallen creature in thought. How was he supposed to kill this thing?

The [Swirl] was not very effective against such a large opponent. It could only limit its movement. Furthermore, diving its head from its body would also be a hard task.

The Tyrunt undead also had high resistance to spiritual attacks, making many of his attacks infeasible.

Ren could only think of one thing.

‘Poison’

It was the only attack that seemed to work on bones. It would not instantly cut through bone, but it was the best method of attack.

First, he had to get close again.

Ren patched up his would with spirit before [accelerating] forward.

The Tyrunt had realigned itself and stared at Ren with a fierce gaze. The Ghost fires within its eyes sparkled brightly.

The Tyrunt’s claws struck down again while Ren dodged to the side. The Tyrunt’s body struggled to realign itself, as Ren wrapped his tail around the Tyrunt’s legs again.

His large, thick powerful muscles trained through countless battles clenched the Tyrunt’s ankles tightly.

Ren then moved his tail forward, disrupting the Tyrunt’s center of gravity. The Tyrunt collapsed onto the ground again.

Ren used the chance to pounce. Ren bit down on the Tyrunt’s neck as his poison glands activated. Poison flowed out of his fangs lodging itself into the bone.

‘I can’t just inject it.’ Ren thought.

He had to control it… he had to manipulate it. With great precision, Ren willed the poison into the deepest recess of the Tyrunt’s neck before activating a ‘property’.

After leveling his poison abilities to Tier 2, he gained the ability to inject ‘properties’ into the poison.

Ren used the ‘corrosion’ property. It was the most physically destructive property available. With great speed, the Tyrunt’s bony neck began to degenerate.

The Tyrunt flailed its arms around striking into Ren’s flesh and causing extensive lacerations and wounds.

Still, Ren held on.

‘Just a little more.’ Ren thought, motivating himself.

Ren’s bloody body wrapped around the Tyrunt preventing it from moving away. While restraining its freedom, Ren continued his ‘beheading.’

Finally, after what seemed to be a few hours, the head of the Tyrunt finally dislodged.

‘Yes’ Ren thought. He was victorious.

The Tyrunt’s ghostly flames went out.

Ren began to swallow the Tyrunt’s skull.

In an instant, the message of the system went off.

[You have obtained 10 bioenergy!]

 

‘Status’

Status:

Host Name: Ren

Species: Draconic Ekans (Adult)

Element: Poison

Level: 5 (Perfect) [Limit: 5]

Bio-Energy: 180/120

Length: 861 cm

Spirit: 99

Power: 76

Wisdom: 35

Agility: 61

Defense: 83

Skills: Breathless Breathing Technique [91%], Tier 2 – Poison Control [45%], Terrorize [62%], Acceleration [99%] Tier 2 - Limit breaker [50%] Pokémon Appraisal [92%] Spirit Concentration [87%], Stealth [54%]

Passive Skills: Tier 2 - Spirit Control [70%]

Racial Skills: Shedding [45%], Draconic body [30%]

Ren stared at his stats as he felt the power coursing through his body. He had once again got longer. His body length was now approaching 9 meters, nearly 3 times the length of a typical Ekans.

And his power? It was many times greater than a normal Ekans.

Ren glanced at the dark tunnel to the side.

‘It’s just begging to be explored.’ He thought to himself.

Ren rested for 4 hours, before getting to work.

Ren used a piece of wood from a tree nearby, ignited it through friction and propped it up with aura.

A makeshift torch!

Ren slithered into the dark cave, surrounding himself in the darkness.

He wanted to first scout it out before making any hasty moves. There was definitely something wrong with the ravine and this tunnel may lead to the solution of the puzzle.

After slithering forward for a few minutes, Energy stones began to appear.

Ren let out his torch and observed the surroundings.

‘Its normal… but its unusually deep.’ Ren thought it was just an ordinary cave but it seemed to be something like a tunnel complex, judging how long he had slithered.

Ren eventually got to an intersection point.

It was no the typical intersection point. There were 9 paths to choose from. The outside appearance of the paths looked normal.

Ren was shocked.

‘What the hell.’ He thought as he stared at the words above the 9 paths.

“Choice: Pick the first path from the right.”

Ren was not concerned about the content of the message. He was concerned about the language.

‘English’ Ren thought.

How was this possible? The world of Pokémon was a world that only used Japanese. How were there English words here?

Possibilities ran through Ren’s mind.

Was it another reincarnator?

There were a few options available to Ren. All 9 of the tunnels were exactly the same as one another and there was no real way to distinguish them from one another.

Ren created a drill out of spirit and mined into the surrounding Earth. Nothing happened. The drill was unable to penetrate the soil.

Ren realized the predicament he was in. He turned around.

‘Closed…’ Ren thought.

The tunnel that he had just come out of had noiselessly closed. A wall of dirt blocked his way.

He had to make a choice and he had to assume that once he made a choice, he would not be able to change his mind.

After a few minutes of pondering, Ren took the first path on the right. If the person who had created this cave system had the ability to manipulate the cave to such a degree, then harming him would have been busy.

These words were his only clue forward. With determination, Ren headed down the far right tunnel.

The instant he entered the tunnel, the entrance closed.

Ren observed the interior of the tunnel. A typical tunnel with energy stones embedded into the sides. Ren slithered forward.

A few minutes in, he noticed something. There was something wrong with the air. It was getting heavier.

Ren shrugged off the small feeling and continued forward. The air around him continued to get denser and heavier.

He could no longer disregard this feeling. Ren tried to move back towards the ‘safer’ area but found that his body could no longer move.

‘What the hell.’ Ren thought. This went against his wildest expectations. He expected the tunnel to contain some type of monster. Why did this tunnel seem to go against the natural laws of the world?

He never experienced anything like this before.

Ren powered through the tunnel. His large body and power cultivated through numerous battles allowed him to resist the high pressure raining down from above.

The strain on his body continued to increase. Blood flowed throughout his body, exciting his suppressed muscles.

*Creak*

His bones were fucking creaking! Ren panted in and out rapidly, getting oxygen into his body.

‘I see it.’ Ren thought. Only a small distance to the door… yet this small distance seemed to spread over a few kilometers.

‘Freedom.’ Ren thought, motivating himself to continue. The pressure continued to increase getting closer and closer to its climax.

Ren’s blood seemed to almost boil. The pain peaked.

‘A LITTLE MORE!’ Ren thought. His body moved through the exit.

‘Finally… out’ Ren thought as he sighed in relief. His long, serpent body relaxed.

[Ding! A foreign energy enters your body. Your body has undergone massive physical stress! Your Defense increases by 10 attribute points]

The message went off within his head, bumping his defense to above 90. Ren felt a cool stream of energy pass over him, before his skin and muscles seemed to harden.

The sight before him cut his excitement short.

‘Another set of doors.’ Ren thought.

In front of him, another set of nine doors lay in front of him

 

 

48