2. Breakfast
127 1 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The long night has finally ended, the moon had finished switching its place with the sun, I honestly have a hard time falling asleep last night because I couldn't contain my excitement for today.

When the sunshine hit my eyes, I then immediately woke up from my sleep, after I got out of bed, I then stretched for a while.

I have now completely woke up, I then have a short bath, for me, there is nothing better than to have a hot bath on a chilly morning.

After I finished bathing, I truly felt refreshed, I then wore my clothes for today (on my own), I then went to the dining room to have breakfast with my parent.

When I got there, I saw my parent sitting across from each other at the long table, mother is still having her breakfast, on the other hand, my father had finished his breakfast and he is now reading the newspaper while enjoying a cup of coffee, My mother then noticed me coming inside the room, she then said.

"Allen, come here and have breakfast with us, we had asked the cook to make your favorite just for today."(Lisa)

"I envy you, my son, when I was your age, I was forbidden from eating that type of food."(Alexei)

"Err.....Father, Mother, thank you so much"(Allen)

I then went toward the long table, a butler then pulled the chair for me, I then sit on the chair, I then give my thanks to the butler.

"Thank you."(Allen)

I then focused my attention on the breakfast, the breakfast that is waiting for me on that table is my favorite Fluffy Arenian Pancake served with Trom Maple Syrup and smoked bacon on the side.

[https://images.app.goo.gl/cRwz37zfvJ5cJ8Sw7] (The picture of the pancake)

By the way, the ingredients that are used for the breakfast is actually one of our family fief's specialty.

Just the scent of the pancake is enough to make me salivate, but I have practiced self-control since I was 4 years old.

Before I eat the pancake, I, firstly spread the creamy butter (which is also locally made) across the pancake, I then drizzled the maple syrup all over the pancake, I then sliced a small part of the pancake and also the bacon, I then take my first bite of it

The light and fluffy textures of the pancake and the smoky flavor of the bacon is harmoniously mixing in my mouth, on the same time, the maple syrup helped to elevate each of the pancake and bacon flavor.

After I enjoyed myself with the pancake, I then finished my breakfast, my father stopped reading his newspaper, he then takes out his pocket watch from his cloth, after checking the time he then said to me.

"Allen, we need to head out now, if we head out now we could precisely arrive at the church, finish up your breakfast, I will wait for the two of you in the carriage."(Alexei)

"I understand Father."(Allen)

I then finished my breakfast with a cup of tea, the tea then washed away all of the remaining flavors of the pancake, my mother noticed some residue of the maple syrup on the side of my mouth, she then cleaned up the syrup for me using her handkerchief.

My mother and I then make my way toward the carriage, while we're walking my mother asked me a question.

"My son, are you excited?"(Lisa)

"I'm really excited."(Allen)

"I wish I'm the same as you"(Lisa)

I saw my mother make a weird face for a moment but her face returned to her usual smile.

At that moment, I truly have no idea what she had meant by that and the true weight of her word.

After walking for a while, we then arrived at the carriage we then went inside it.

Inside the carriage

It has been a few minutes since we start to head out to the church, my parent and are currently inside our personal carriage.

My father opened the same newspaper that is inside the carriage, he then read the newspaper, as usual, my mother is checking her make-up with her handheld mirror, while I'm just staring at the view outside of the carriage window.

When we're inside a carriage, we would usually have small talk, but today it is quite different, mother and father don't even let out a single word.

This silence might be what you call as 'nervousness', they might be worried for me because skill does determine a person's fate and worth.

Anyway, because I could stand the silence I then childishly said to them.

"Father, Mother, I'm can't wait to find out what my skill is."(Allen)

"Try to contain your excitement, don't forget we're in a public place now"(Alexei)

"I understand."(Allen)

My mother then noticed my sad face, she then elbowed the side of my father's body, she then glared toward him, the father then said.

"Ahem, please ignore what I just said, you can do whatever you want, it is your big day after all."(Alexei)

"Thank you, father."(Allen)

"Ahem, don't you have anybody else to give your thanks to?"(Lisa)

"I won't forget about mother, thank you very much, mother."(Allen)

After that we then have our small talk as usual, after a while, we then arrived at The City Of Arma, the place where my future will be decided.

End of chapter

3