Card Game and Game Rules
49 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

So there are 5 main cards;

Spell Cards: These cards effect the elements to a limited degree either changing the terrain or a character card specifically.

Character Cards: Grouped into three main types Humanoid, Beast, and Plant. Each has their own strength and weaknesses. Set with the rule, Plant is Strong to Beast; Beast is Strong to Humanoid; Humanoid is Strong to Plant.

Attack Cards: Used to make a Character Card attack.

Defense Cards: Used to defend against either a spell or attack. 

Support cards: Split into two categories, Trap; and Equip. Both can be used without saying out loud, but equip is more noticeable as the enemy will likely see your character holding a weapon. Most people use traps only, as weapons are weak and often get destroyed first by the enemy. 

 

 

To set up the game each person would start up a game board and draw 5 cards. Two at random of characters, and the rest are shuffled together and distributed. They are allowed to place 2 character cards per turn to use in their battle, and may use one spell card to change the terrain if they have one. 

Card battle was separated into two forms of combat, "On the Field" or "Overview". Most people play "Overview" as it lets them see the whole board as well as the opponent, while "On the Field" lets you see the battle from the point of view of one of your character cards, often for a more involved experience. On the Field is also more discreet as your opponent won't know your next move because you don't have to announce it if you attack yourself. In overview you would have to command audibly what you wanted your forces to do. 

If I were to turn this into a real game "On the Field" would be impossible

There are also a bunch of different modes during play: Training; Competition; and Battle. Battle has two types, Turns and War. Turns is a turn based battle system much like *Final Fantasy* or games like that. It's a more beginners game than War. War is live action fast paced battle in which  once at least two cards are in play by both of the players its a go. Both must play at least one character card to serve as their fighting force, with one of any other card to support them.

A character card may do one of three things. Use an Attack card, Defense card, or they may dodge, though dodging is chance based if not in "On the Field".  If one is one the field they may control the character they are embodying to dodge but for any other character card it is still chance based. To try to "dodge" both players roll 2 dice and if the person trying to dodge is higher then the enemy's roll it is successful. The other two things is they can equip a support card to use in the battle, just the enemy may not know what it is.

1