Chapter 1: Transmigration and Cards
40 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Ryouv woke up. Not that it was anything exciting, he just woke up and put on his clothes getting ready for work. He worked at a local theater and was responsible for creating the props, and not gonna lie, he was pretty good at it.

Partially because he knew every which way of the things he created, and he was rumored to even have forged his own sword before. Sadly though not a lot of people had a good impression of him, because he showed too much emphasis on his props being used correctly, interrupting scenes sometimes to tell of the actors; but they couldn't get rid of him as he made the best props they had ever seen. 

He exited his apartment and then something unexpected happened. He tripped and fell down the stairs netting him a concussion and unconsciousness. 

 

Ryouv woke up again, this time more important because he wasn't dead. With an aching head he looked around and appeared to be in the hospital. He wondered who called the ambulance on him, but it could be any of his neighbors, I mean what would you do if you saw someone bleeding from the head at the bottom of the stairs. 

The doctor came in a did a few tests before giving Ryouv, some of which were very confusing but he answered as honestly as he could. Ryouv was sent out of the hospital but was supposed to check back in every few days as it seemed he had lost some memories. He was pretty sure he was fine, but doctor's orders.

Ryouv walked into the lobby to see something incredible. a few people playing a game on a holographic screen. They appeared to be battling and he was interested so he came closer to take a look and ask a few questions.

"Hey what are you guys playing?"

The two players, a young girl and the other person who appeared to be her brother looked at Ryouv with a puzzled look. 

The boy responded with a whisper to his sister. "He might be an amnesiac, may as well give him the basics." The girl nodded but also scoffed.

"This is the world famous game, 'Rule of Rivalry' Battle competition game. You seem to be a player yourself, do you have amnesia?" The boy across from her nudged her because of the rude question.

"I think so, I tripped down the stairs on my way to work, but I've never seen this game before in my life." Ryouv responded a bit perplexed at the situation. 

"Well if you'd like to try it out with us you can." the boy said politely

"if you remember how to play..." the girl mutter which got her another look from her supposed brother.

"I do not know how to play, so I will have to refuse your offer. I am going to be late and I have to let my work know what happened to me, but thanks for the offer though." 

The girl rolled her eyes but the boy nodded and said it was alright, while Ryouv called the theaters number. The call was declined and said the number didn't exist, and Ryouv was confused and started walking to the theater to let them know of his accident as well as to see if they changed their number. 

When he arrived to the location he was dumbfounded. there was nothing there. The area hadn't even been renovated yet. It was just dirt and gravel the whole area. Ryouv decided to go home and do some of his own research as there was something he thought had happened. 

 

Ryouv found out that he was right. This was no longer the world he had known. History remained relatively the same except around 50 years ago, somebody by the name of Issac Desiree created the game 'Rule of Rivalry' which swept the nation with its advanced technology. Now the world rapidly progressed, while the entertainment industry was focused on the creation of new cards for the game. Lots of other forms of entertainment were lost, like movies and T.V, leading to total domination by this game.

Ryouv himself couldn't change much, by introducing movies and shows from his old world, he didn't remember a lot about the stuff he would watch other than to gush over the cool weapons in the games he played as well as the shows he watched. Something did catch his eye however. 

Card Crafters. They produced things via a modeling software in the game to create their own cards to use. Many new character cards had been created from the original decks, and also sold to people to make money and fame. So there was one thing Ryouv could do, which was to show off all of the cool weapons from his world using this game!

After a bit of research it seemed that weapons were very looked down upon and not many people tried to improve the equips and weapons much. It was because equips had to be wielded by a character card and most character card that weren't humanoid wouldn't be able to use the equips properly. Even then most humanoids that could hold weapons were really weak. 

Ryouv soon found that the 'himself' from this world was slightly different from the 'himself' back in his old world. They both went to the same college and the same major, but the Ryouv of this world wanted to be a card crafter, but he was terrible at it. Ryouv looked through his deck and was not impressed. Ryouv knew the reason the old Ryouv failed. He was really bad at making props of humans and animals but excelled with weapons and inanimate objects. In a world where the game focused on creatures Ryouv of this world was doomed to fail. 

Most people neglected equips as they were seriously underpowered and very old themed. People just didn't know how to scientifically make a powerful cold weapon. Ryouv knew how to fix this and it was the beginning of his weapon card empire!

2