Chapter 2: First Weapon and First Battle
38 1 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Ryouv took a look at his inventory, he had around 5 blank cards left, that gives him 5 tries to make his first weapon card. The only way for him to afford more cards would be to do a competition and win some money through the game. That was one of old Ryouv's ways of earning money, but he had very little wins and savings left. The other way to earn money was to sell cards, but old Ryouv couldn't make very powerful cards to sell getting only a minimum amount of credits from it.

Ryouv calculated that he had enough money left to afford him three days of food, or one month of rent. Given the fact old Ryouv was 1 month behind on rent current Ryouv decided to focus on food for now, crafting some good cards and earning enough money from his next battle. 

Ryouv now had to decide what Weapon or Equip he wanted to build. With a flash of genius he had exactly what he wanted to make. Grabbing one of his cards from his desk he started up the modeling program in the card and began working. 

At first, Ryouv was thinking about the Jump Attack from Mario, as well as the Long Fall Boot(s) from portal and thought of the Powerizers back in Ryouv's original world, so he designed the basic layout and add the details one by one. When he was finally done, he finalized the card and wanted to see the effects that the system would give it. It ended up looking less of a sandal, but was still relatively similar to a powerizer, and then he looked at the final card. 

* Support Card: Equip

Name: Jump Boots

When Equipped:

Increase jumping height by 2 meters straight up. Can jump over obstacles.

Ryouv had a testing board that would pit him against a computer or a bunch of targets to test his cards, so he entered the field. It was a bit boring to use in Overview mode, in which his character could jump a bit higher it only made dodging traps easier, but it's true worth came to using it in On the Field mode. 

Once Ryouv entered on the Field mode he immediately felt the wind rushing through his face when he used the boots. it would let him jump very high in the air and was kinda similar to using a pogostick just with more freedom.

He switched the mode from targets to computer opponent to test if he could dodge things better with these boots. Soon a pit trap was placed and Ryouv took a running start with jump boots before jumping clean over it. The act of jumping over the pit gave Ryouv a sense of exhilaration, and he was able to also jump over some charging animals. 

Ending the test he found that the boots were the most useful for On the Field mode, but Ryouv was planning on using that mode anyway, Overview wasn't as fun. 

He still had 4 cards left to create more things, and could create himself a full set of armor if he wanted to, but he needed a good weapon first. Placing his newly created card in his deck, he grabbed another empty card, starting up the modeling program to make an interesting weapon.

The first thing that came to Ryouv's mind was the Lightsaber's from Star Wars but he thought it would be to hard for the system to identify if he didn't make the most important part of it to use as an energy source. He began designing an energy crystal to power the lightsaber before making a sleek metal tube surrounding the detailed crystal, the internal details would focus the energy of the crystal and make the lightsaber's beam. When he was done he waited for the system's analysis.

It failed. The card then shattered and Ryouv was left empty handed, but he had already figured that would happen as lightsabers were quite powerful.

He considered switching and trying to make a Beam Katana instead, which was an energy loop instead of an unfocused beam but just decided to make a normal sword instead, but which could he make that was as powerful as their counterpart? He'd have make some tweaks for it to be able to do the abilities it could, not just being a look-alike.

Thus he decided to create one of the seven mist swords from Naruto, and was unsure which to choose. Ryouv finally decided on Nuibari, the Sewing Needle Sword, it was pretty simplistic to make making a cloth wrapped hilt and a long wound wire in the other hand. Once it was completed he turned it into the system for analysis.

Success! It was considered primitive by the system but after renaming it all should be fine. 

* Support Card: Equip 

Name: Nuibari

When Equipped: Can deliver a piercing attack to the enemy, and the wire can be used to tie enemies together. If the wire is pulled it can cause damage to those impaled. Is throw-able.

Ryouv decided to immediately test out his new cards in a competition battle. Using the search function on his deck he waited until an opponent was ready to accept. Soon a holographic image of another person appeared before him and a battle request was sent. Agreeing he entered the battle field. The words Overview mode or On the Field mode were next selecting On the Field mode he felt himself shrink down until he appeared to be standing on the battleground, though he was holographic. 

In his vision he had a health bar, a blue magic bar, and a set of 5 random cards in his hand. He had a human warrior, a raven card, and his new weapons as well as a common rabbit card. Choosing to be the human he equipped the human with his new weapon and boots, as well as deploying his raven card. Health was collective, each of his cards getting a fraction based on what he chose to have a fraction of his total health. It was a common strategy to give flying beasts a higher health fraction as not a lot of ground beasts could hit it in the air. Ryouv gave his raven 3 of his total health, and the other 17 health went to his human warrior with his weapons. 

It was noticed by the opponent when the human warrior was suddenly wearing some weird tall boots and a super short spear looking thing, but he just thought it was an attempt to make the human stronger in some way. The opponent sent out a wolf, a bear cub, holding on to his other three cards. They were playing in turn mode so it was Ryouv's turn again. He ran over to the bear cub and impaled it with his Nuibari, jumping over it to grab his Nuibari through the other side effectively stringing the bear cub with the wire.

Ryouv could imagine what his opponent was thinking, as the bear should be under the debuff 'bound', in which the bear takes damage when it moves. Soon it was the opponents turn and he made the wolf attack Ryouv's low flying raven by jumping towards it. Ryouv was given the option to make the raven dodge and but since he was not personally controlling the raven himself, it would be up to chance whether the attack hits. The attack hist and he watched as his raven faded into light and 3 health was taken from his total health pool.

It was Ryouv's turn again and he did a run jump throwing his Nuibari again at the wolf this time. The wire was pulled through the bear cubs body damaging it as well as impaling the wolf into the ground.  It was his opponents turn but he couldn't move his creatures without them taking damage from the wire in their bodies. The bear was now in bleeding status, losing some health per turn. Soon a bird spawned on the opponents side, and might have held most of his opponents health since Ryouv no longer had a bird to fight with in the sky. 

Ryouv proved his opponents thinking wrong however, using his boots to jump up high in the air as well as throw his Nuibari through the air managing to impale the slow flying bird. Now all of the opponents character cards had been impaled he would be forced to either make on of them move or use another card from his hand. The wold did move leaping towards Ryouv's human warrior while his back was turned. 

Sensing danger he yanked on the wire in his left hand making the wolf's aim slightly off as he bit of a bit of clothing on the human warrior only slightly cutting the skin of Ryouv's human. The bear cub either from losing health per turn or from the cutting of the wire in it's body finally died turning into flecks of light. As if he was fishing he pulled on the wire bringing in the bird on Nuibari close to him, then he stepped on the bird and it too turned into flecks of light. Only the wolf was left and it was resolute standing on its legs despite the wire impaling it's body. 

The wolf attacked again this time managing to take a good chunk out of Ryouv's health as he didn't have time to dodge due to how close the wolf was, but when it was Ryouv's turn again he impaled the head of the wolf, it finally turning into light. 

Ryouv felt himself returning to his own body, only a little mentally tired. He had one his first match and got a daily award of 20 credits. Soon he got a friend request through the system from his opponent. Accepting, he soon found his opponent was very interested in the weapons his human warrior used. 

After letting the new friend know he made it himself she asked him if he could sell her the weapon as it was very powerful. Ryouv refused. Not because he was being mean but right now that weapon was his secret weapon, but his new friend was surprisingly very understanding. After signing off of the battle screen he laid his head back on his bed thinking about a today, as he drifted off to sleep.

 

2