Chapter 3: Intent and Auction
55 3 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Ryouv could in fact try to level up his cards, making them more powerful, and he did just that making 3 more Nuibari Cards and combining 2 of them to make a new card. He only had 1 card left but he decided to sell this one to his new online friend, "Ari27" and make one more weapon, that was sort of similar to a beam sword but more simplistic and feasible. 

** Support Card: Equip

Name: Nuibari

When Equipped: Can deliver a piercing attack causing bleeding, and the connecting wire can cut the insides of the target, once target is skewered it is under the 'bound' debuff.

He took his last card and began designing it. This time he was making a single edged hot wire sword. It appeared to be the same shape as a beam katana, but instead of a beam there was a thread of red hot wire in its place. He turned it into the system and waited.

 

3

2

1

Success! After a bit of renaming his creation it was done and had quite the interesting stats. 

* Support Card: Equip

Name: Red Hot Slicer

When Equipped: The red hot "blade" of the sword can cut almost anything using heat, anything slashed burns as well. May cause the 'burn' debuff

Ryouv decided to battle again today and get his daily reward per one win. Much like yesterday, he selected competition mode and waited for the system to find him an opponent. The opponents are usually one of two groups, Army Builders or Animal Tamers, A large army of humans or strategically placed animals on a field, and both of those strategies work well, so much so that two guilds have been formed that the majority are part of for one way or another. Yesterday Ryouv faced with a Animal Tamer, and those who use support cards would mostly be the Army builders, as they majorly use support cards to buff up their cards, in case they don't have enough numbers to win. 

After his Daily Battle reward was given, he had beaten another beginner animal tamer, and he was thinking about going to the Army Builder's Guild, The Human Allies, to see if he could put one of his weapons up for auction. Maybe if his weapons were noticed he could sell his cards for a higher price. Currently he had enough to afford 5 days of food or 2 blank cards to build with. As he still had food in his house he still decided to sell one of his 1 star Nuibari's in The Human Allies auction house. 

He put it on the auction and then bought 2 more cards spending all of his money and wasn't sure what to make, and decided to experiment with the system even if that meant wasting a card in the process. He entered the system and checked out all of the options and functions he could do in creating a card. 

A lot of what the system would Identify had to do with intent, what he intended the card to do, If he chose too weak a material it would fail, if he chose if he wanted something to be weaker the material would be unbalanced, there was a lot actually going on in the functions. The reason his lightsaber failed that time was he tried to design a generic crystal that would have not been able to produce a beam like the one he had intended and thus it failed, or the crystal was too powerful and it destroyed the tube he built to house it. 

This time he decided on making a magic card and was deciding on what sort of spell from his old world would be cool to use. He decided on the Confuse Charm from Harry Potter. He focused on the intent that the spell, when aimed with a wand, would confuse the enemy based on its understanding of the world. It sounded philosophical but he hoped it would work. He exited the system space and waited as the Card flashed. 

3

2

1

Success! He checked it's attributes. 

* Spell Card

Name: Confusion Charm

To Activate: When wielding Wand or Staff Equip, Shouting Keyword:"Confundo" will send an unavoidable bout of confusion on the enemy, 'confusion' debuff afflicted time is random depending on the MP of the enemy

Well now he needs to make a wand or staff to use it but it works! He had heard that most spells only needed a chant or a hand movement to be cast, but they often had a delayed reaction time compared the the spell he made. He was planning on giving himself the same type of wand as Harry as in this world had no wands with no spells in it. There would be enchanted weapons that could produce a spell but not often and they were considered treasures only made and sold to big people in the guilds. Plus the side drawback was it had a long cooldown before the spell could be used again on the weapon. 

He opened the last card and started designing making the and straight and made of Rowen wood, 12 Inches and slightly flexible, all as a hunch that it would be his perfect wand. He made the Core a Phoenix Feather, and his intent as he made it was a wand perfect for himself. He waited for the final check, 

3

2

1

Another Success! Ryouv blew a sigh of relief as he was exspecting it to not work but was appalled when he saw the description. 

* Support Card: Equip/Companion (Bonded)

Name: Ryouv's Wand

When Used (Always Equipped): Can cast any spell with a chant, but can not cast any hand movement spells. Must be used in spell casting, Increases the spell speed by 20%

Wow, Bonded. From old Ryouv's memory Bonded was a super rare trait that only attached when a user was in tune with a card enough that they are inseparable. It used to only be with a card that the user had for a while and used a lot, it would eventually get bonded status and boost its attributes a ton, this was the first time something was bonded the moment it was made. Ryouv did feel a connection while making it so he supposed that might be the case. 

He ate some ramen for lunch absentmindedly. A bonded item, usually the person would become a champion using that card, but how many spells did Ryouv know? He only remembered around 5-6 spells that he could create using the system, and the spells others had made were more trap-like in nature. He decided to make a second deck in the game, each person could make 3 decks, and he made it into his wizard deck and wanted to transfer his wand but he couldn't as it was bonded, but he decided that all wizarding things would then on go to his side deck and he would use it for spells, as he wanted to continue to focus on making new weapons and armors. 

 

2