Chapter 28: His circumstances
390 4 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[[Phil] has gained a level.]

[[Phil] is now [Warlock] level 1]

[[Phil] has gained a level.]

[[Phil] is now [Warlock] level 2]

[[Phil] has gained a level.]

[[Phil] is now [Warrior] level 2]

Phil could barely hear the notifications from the system over the deafening silence of the void. He was lost and floating through an endless nothingness. A great emptiness. A yawning hungering and ever devouring hollowness that swallowed him whole.

 He couldn't see. He couldn't feel anything. There was no taste on his tongue. Nor a scent to his nose. And, all around there was only a deafening hush. 

All around and as far as he could tell, only his consciousness and awareness of the void existed. 

He drifted there in the darkness until all thought and concepts of space and time were forgotten. He was alone, utterly alone. And, he could feel his own sense of self slipping away into the endless and uncaring night.

 

Suddenly, and without warning, there was a great flash of light. 

He was surrounded and submerged in a shattering roar. He felt the sound rip through the fabric of his soul. His mind went blank. His eyes seared with a white hot light. And, every nerve in his body screamed in protest of his existence.

 

A great cloud formed from the light. A hypnotic and abstract swirl of molten color and matter. He watched for a time as everything drew near. He watched as it slowly churned, boiled, cooled and formed into substance.

Over an aeon’s time, a nebula sluggishly formed into existence in his right hand. A burning star ignited in his left. And, everywhere, all around him dust and debris formed into planets and realms far beyond his imagination. 

He heard the voices of the stars sing out in a terrible, haunting and beautiful cacophony. And, slowly, they joined their voices into one chorus. In every corner that the song touched, it formed into a blindingly brilliant and righteous order. 

Yet, some refused to join in harmony and a discordant, divergent and splendidly horrid strain filled the universe with chaos.

And, amidst it all, Phil covered his ears and closed his eyes to the mysteries and wonders unfolding before him. He longed and yearned for the silence of the void. It was too much. The dream was painful. The existence was excruciating. He writhed in agony in the heat of the sun and the frigid depths of space.

And, through it all, he felt the culling call of the void. 

Consume.

[[Phil] has gained the skill: [Devour]]

[[Devour]: The ability to overcome chaos and order and return a target to the void, utterly and completely. 

You may offer a weakened target to the void. If the void accepts your offering, you may deal oblivion damage to your target, immediately executing them.

This ability may only be used against a target that has less than ⅛ of its original health.]

Destroy.

[[Phil] has gained the skill: [Void Guard]]

[[Void-Guard]: The ability to suffuse yourself with the void and cancel out a portion of incoming damage.]

Annihilate.

[[Phil] has gained the skill: [Void Constitution]]

[[Void Constitution]: You have seen into the great beyond and witnessed the dawn of creation. The void has infused into the core of your being. You have been chosen. 

You no longer have a constitution score. 

If your body would be destroyed. It will be reformed. 

You will serve the void. Until the void takes you.]

[The gods fear you.]

[The gods are watching you.]

Phil suddenly understood. He knew all too well. 

The gods had no hand in creation. They had no part in the void.

They were mere guardians of the realm. A weak servant to the will of Terras herself. The church had lied. His life was a lie.

And, everything that ever was and ever will be, will one day return to the void. It will one day return to a dreamless sleep. 

Phil sat up with a start. 

He was back in the tower.

He couldn't feel. He couldn't see. He couldn't hear. Taste. Or, smell. There was nothing. 

And, yet, he could still perceive the world around him. The dream surrounded and enveloped him. He was a part of reality. And, yet, removed from it at the same time.

He could sense without his human senses that he was next to another dreamt one. 

Phil turned toward Ted. He stared at her, unmoving, and uncomprehending. He didn't recognize her. But, he knew who she was. 

He could hear her dream fragment and the song that she sang. A bright, blinding and happy song.

Phil whispered. 

"Dawn."

The girl shivered and looked up to him with wonder and horror in her eyes. He had heard her name in the song.

[[Username Token Expended]: [Ted] has accepted her true name. [Ted] has been changed to [Dawn] in the system.]

  

[Status]

[STR]: 20

[INT]: 12

[Name]: Phillip Gard

[AGI]: 12

[WIS]: 8

[Race]: [Void-Touched Human]

[CON]: -

[CHA]: 10

[Height]: 6'3"

[Title]: [Void-Touched]

 

[Weight]: N/A.

[STA]: 250

[MANA]: 50

[Sex]: M

 

 

[Class]: [Warrior] - L2, [Warlock] - L2

 

 

[Aspect]: None

 

 

[Magical Abilities]:

L1- [Devour], L1- [Void Guard]

[Skills]:

L4 - [Stamina], L4 - [Stamina Regeneration], L2 - [Dodge], L4 - [Intimidation], L6 - [Athletics], L6 - [Endurance], L4 - [Battle Presence], L4 - [Void Constitution]

[Unique Skills]:  [Weapon Familiarity]

[Proficiencies]:

 L4 - [Block], L3 - [Parry], L4 - [Martial Weapon], L6 - [Heavy Armor], L4 - [Shield]

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

10