Chapter 4 Let this suffering end please
3.9k 22 96
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

20 June 2042

12.00 pm School Canteen

Beno's POV

It's been four days since Peter died... and it's been four days since Adeline last came out from her room... 

Even if I and Marco visited she still doesn't want to come out. Her mom is very concerned about her mental health... but what can she do. Her own daughter lost 3 friends in 2 days... even Marco who usually doesn't show much emotion outside of anime discussions is also getting more and more concerned and sad. Not to mention the buff Marco is getting thinner and thinner. At a first glance, you wouldn't even think he was the same guy who went to the gym every day and earned his six-packs. I know Marco lost his parents in car accidents when he's young... and now one of his friends died in a car accident IN FRONT of his own eyes. It's already a miracle that Marco didn't go on full mental breakdown as Kevin did. I'm not sure but I can know that this caused Marco to hurt a lot. The scar that his parents took him 8 years and even then it's not properly healed. Now the scar got stabbed again with a bigger knife... I'm not sure how long will it take to heal this time... I don't want to think what if it will never heal.

I bought my lunch and sat down on one of the benches in the canteen, slowly eating while thinking about what happened to Luca, Peter, and Kevin and what will happen to us who are left here. My thoughts start to went bad and I slapped myself to get my mind back on track, then Marco placed his food next to me and sat down next to me.

" Can't forget those shit huh," Marco

" 3 guys in 2 days and you think I would forget it? How about you... watching it first hand must have triggered some bad memories right?" Beno

" Yeah... I still don't understand how did I survive that day... ma and pa died leaving me only me and sis, then sis died the year after in another accident too..." Marco

" Stop... don't think of those... you're alive now you're here right? Think of it as living the life that your family that passed away." Beno

" Now not only family but friends that passed away," Marco

" Haha.... yeah... say today is the fourth day Adeline is absent right?" Beno

" Fourth day in a row... Four eyes have been asking us to inform her that if she wants to take a break she should write a letter to the headmaster." Marco

" Easier said than done.... why doesn't he go and tell her that himself, he lived near Adeline right? I remember it's only around 2 street away." Beno

Then we both sighed...

" It's going to be another long day today huh," Marco

" It is... wanna go to Adeline's place later? I feel like the club is no longer our place to talk anymore..." Beno

" After what happened? It's obvious... I'm pretty sure some are starting to say weird things about us now," Marco

" Just ignore those shits that talks bad about us all the time..." Beno

"Let's quickly finish our lunch... I can start to feel gazes towards us..." Marco said while pointing towards behind me.

Damn it.. those mofos again, they keep talking shit about us anime fans from time to time... and ever since those three died, they got even worse and just keep spouting nonsense about anime. I swear if you go to Japan you wont be leaving without injuries.


3.00 pm Adeline's House

Adeline's POV

How long has it been... Kevin and Luca died...

Just why must they die in such methods...

Will I die too?

But I don't want to die...

But if I die maybe I can join them and we can be together again?

But then Marco and Beno will be left behind....

What should I do...

" Honey, your friends have come~ come on out and welcome them!" Mom

" Adeline, we have come to visit you!" Marco

Why do you sound like nothing happened Marco.... did those three died didn't budge you at all? Do you even care that they died?

I then heard Beno talking with my mom about stuff. I bet that its about school stuff since he mentioned our teacher...

The teacher is always so cold-blooded, he doesn't care why a student cant finish work or stuff, he just wants all of it done no matter what... even if it means you're going to need to miss your family or something. Why cant people like him die first... nobody would care if those kind of people died...

" Adeline... don't think about those negative stuff ok?" Beno

Oh... it seems I have been thinking about these stuff for too long... were they staring at me making all sorts of faces? Normally I would feel embarrassed that people could read me by looking at my facial emotions... but does it matter anymore now?

Why care about what others think if those who care about you are dying one by one...

"It's nothing, you were talking about school stuff with mom, right? What did the teacher want?" I asked Beno weakly.

" Oh it's nothing, four-eye just suggest that you take a break from school for a while and ask me to inform you if you wanted to do so remember to write a letter to the headmaster. I figured I should just directly tell your mom to write a letter as seeing about your state now makes me even sure that you can't even go outside by yourself anymore." Beno

What are you... my mom? Why do you care about me so much... you and I are going to die anyway... why care about me so much...

" Yeah, right now you should just take a break from school. One month or two... so we can put these behind and continue moving on... Im sure those 3 will be fine in their isekai world... Don't worry about it too much..." Marco

Speaking like it's ok if they die... would you tell Beno like that if I died too? To just let go of us when we died... Are we that insignificant in your eye Marco?

" Don't think Marco like that Adeline... he didn't mean it that way..." Beno

Yes, mom... I'll not think about what Marco thinks about us then.... but I swear if you died and Marco also treat you as if you died did nothing to him I swear ill murder him and then kill myself to join you guys...

" You're having a scary face there Adeline... you look like you want to kill me on the stop right now..." Marco

" Adeline please stop... thinking those things won't help anything... Please take a rest... we will go home first... stay safe Adeline... Don't do anything rash," Bee

Ok, mom... I won't... for now...

3 hours later...

" Honey dinner's ready, go take a bath and let's eat together alright?" Mom

Dinner huh... I guess it's that time already... ill go take a bath then... when did I last take a bath again? was it a week? I don't know...

After preparing my clothes to change and going into the bathroom, I start preparing the bathtub... I don't feel like bathing while standing today... I just want to take a warm dip in the bathtub and relax myself...

After the bathtub is ready I stripped all my clothes and step inside the warm bathtub... A warm bathtub always relaxes one mind... it always makes people feel relaxed like this... I can understand why dad insists that we install a bathtub no matter what... It really feels good...

*THUNDER SOUNDS*

Is it going to rain soon? It's been quite hot so did the government decided to use man-made rain to cool down?

...

*ANOTHER THUNDER SOUND*

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA"

I can't feel myself anymore...

I guess it's my turn to end the suffering huh...

I'm sorry Mom... dad... your daughter is going to die before you...

I'm sorry that I made you worry for these few days...

I'm sorry if I'm not a good daughter...

Please don't forget me...

I'm sorry everyone...

Sorry that this chapter is a bit short compared to the previous chapter (2.3k last chapter and 1.5k this chapter) Last chapter I cant find a place to end properly and this chapter I cant find anything to add before ending the chapter lmao... I guess I still have a long way to go for novel writing I guess...

Damn writing chapters like these make my feet go cold...

It doesn't help when I write stuff, I also tend to imagine just how the scene will be in order to attempt to make it more smooth... Lets hope I wont get nightmares myself when writing these kind of chapter.

I still remember my mom did said I once almost died in a bathtub once when I'm like what... 3 yo? After that, she immediately stops using the bathtub in my house lmao...

It's scary...

96