Chapter 8 These cursed spawns
3.3k 32 76
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

5th Sukurach of Fezariel Year 1215

Adam's POV

" How did the scouting on the cursed continent go,"  Adam asked his fellow sailors. 

" According to the other ships, their forts have some weird tube-looking structures on top of it. There are also more watchtowers set up along the shore of the continent."

" See if there are any gaps that we can do a landing. It is best if we could stay away from the lookup. We need to setup teleportation circles so that we can cleanse this cursed continent out of filths. Send 2 galleys in each direction and 2 cogs to test their new weapons. The rest of the fleet stay here and be on the lookout."

1 hour later

" Sir, the cogs have been shot by flame arrows when it reached around 400 meters. The galleys are still searching for available landing spots."

400 meters huh, that's quite far for bows... even the best archer in the empire can only shoot at most 350 meters. I guess the long ears are there too huh, of course, they would, filth would always gather together after all. But not having searched for a landing spot even after 1 hour, are they slacking, or are they just incompetent...

" Report the signs of the shore so far," I said towards the messenger. It's quite convenient to have mind mages in here. They make good messengers. 

" Sir the scouts said that there are lookout towers at an interval of what looks to be 500 meters at the shore. The landing could be possible but it would be hard to not get found out by the filths." the messenger told me.

" Go at night and remember to put out all of your lights. We will attempt to sneak past them."

YES SIR. Just wait for it filths, we will cleanse this continent just like we do to those frozen lands up north.

*Timeskip till night time*

It's finally night time and we are heading towards the shore that is a distance from the fort. Even if they found us, they will need some time to come and support these watchtowers. One watchtower is definitely not enough to hold against 10 of our Imperial ships.

When our ships went near around 200 meters, we suddenly some people at the watchtower holding what looks like primitive spears. They are still using spears? How outdated. Let's show them how we empire does things. All hands prepare arrows, we will shoot their watchtower to let them know who are the superior ones. Our imperial longbow is definitely enough to crush these puny watchtowers. 

"All hands... RELEASE" I yelled. 200 arrows are instantly released from all ships. These primitive filths won't even know what hit em. One of the guards at the watchtower holds its spear and then wave it around. Is he starting to get insane that he's dancing now? 

But then in a moment, the arrows that we shoot turned around and went back to us.

"ALL HANDS TAKE COVER! I REPEAT ALL HANDS TAKE-" I yelled. I felt enormous pain at my chest. When I look down, I saw an arrow piercing through my armor... 


Shore Guard POV

Are these guys for real... invading us with galleys and cogs... just how behind is their tech. Even us beastmen are already using masts to move through the oceans. I heard the dwarves even manage to develop a type of ship that uses ambient mana to propel the ship. Those dwarves are damn insane. How the hell do they even test ships when they live in a mountain... 

This control wand was given to us sure is good. Not only it can be used to redirect the wind. It also serves as a one-time use explosive. Too bad we don't need to use it though ahahaha. I remember I heard the oni princess said the phrase er, bringing a sword to a gunfight I think? Though I don't know what a gun is.


5th Sukurach of Fezariel Year 1237

Excelia's POV

" 15 carracks and 30 caravels. Would this really be enough to invade the cursed continent?" I asked.

" Do not worry princess. We are sure this would be enough. The empire used a lot of funds and manpower to construct all of these state of the art ships. We will definitely conquer the cursed continent once and for all. Not to mention, you also have the holy armor crafted with the scales of the blue dragon! I am sure that we are able to conquer this wretched continent and free our fellow humans from it." said Count Yerekan. I don't really trust the count. He always tries to find loopholes inside father's plans.

" We are reaching the cursed continent soon Princess, Count. 15 minutes until the continent is within vision!" said one of the sailors.

How many times did the empire send these raids to the cursed continent... according to the bible, these hellspawns purged us from our rightful home and even threatened to destroy the world... But is it really like this? I feel that something is wrong with all these statements. Even this armor that I'm wearing feels weird. Father said that they crafted this armor from a dragon that they killed. But they never showed me the head of the dragon... shouldn't its head be useful for headgears? Those armored monster heads are used like that so why is the dragon not so different?

" We can see the cursed continent!" the sailor shouted. I went to see the cursed continent that I read a lot of times and I saw something very frightening. 

The moment I saw the cursed continent I can see something moving very fast, almost like it's moving at the speed of light. It hit one of the carracks and immediately created a hole as big as a human through it. At that very same time, I knew... this is an enemy we cant fight. No matter what.

" All hands retreat! We cannot fight this enemy! We need to bring this information back to the motherland! I repeat all ships retreat at once!" I yelled. Count Yerekan was instead unhappy with my decision. " What are you doing? We are so close to the cursed continent! We have to take it down! That weapon of theirs can't be a fast-firing weapon if it had such firepower! I'd say we should move faster towards the cursed continent! We can't let them have more time to load their weapons!"

As if they are reacting to what Count Yerekan said, three more shots were fired and this time it's the caravels that got hit. That is 4 ships lost before we even get near to our own shooting range.

When I thought things couldn't be worse, I saw a group of winged demons heading in our direction. If I didn't remember wrong they are called harpies. This couldn't be good. They are trying to land on our ship to fight against us in close combat.

" All ships retreat! Non-sailors grab your crossbow and aim at those harpies! Do not let them get close to our ships!" I said while I bring out my flintlock pistol to attempt to fight the harpies.

This time I don't know how many shots are fired, but all I can hear is a lot of consecutive loud sounds and a lot of people screaming. 

When I finally regained my composure, I looked around. None of the ships except mine are left. Even then most of our soldiers are already killed by the harpies. Count Yerekan is also badly injured. But I am fine... I did not have a single injury... Do these demons take hostages? What are they going to do to me... 

An hour later they forced my ship to land on the coast of the cursed continent and brought all the survivors of the ship onto the ground. In front of me, I saw 5 individuals. A vampire, an elf, a cat beastkin, a dwarf, and also an oni... all are females...

" You will tell us where did you get that armor... and I will not hesitate to rip out your brain to get that information!" the oni said. 

What is going to happen to me.... Dad, I'm scared... I don't want to die...

Whoa whoa whoa.... A large timeskip!

What is going on? What will happen to the human "Princess"? 

To know whats going on stay tuned for the next chapter of  "Sorry That I Am The Last To Come Here"

JK... you won't know whats going to happen here ;3

76