Chapter 21 Its just a theory, a mana bomb theory
2.3k 32 56
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

4th Tekulach of Meruriel 1205

Petrasha's Manor

Lucy's POV

" Hey Petrasha," I said to her.

" Yes, onee-san?" She replied to me. At first, having her call me this is weird... Cause originally we are of the same age, if not Peter is older than me by a month... having this changed all so sudden is weird... but it's not that bad I guess?

" Before going to the other continents, can you help me something?" I asked her.

" Well, I'll try to do what I can to assist. Gathering all of us together is originally my request after all." Petrasha said.

" Well, can I have one of those ManaComs? So I can contact you. Also, could I also get some adventuring gear?" I asked

" I haven't tested the ManaComs to work cross-continent. I'm not even sure if it works through the continent. So far we only tested it from here towards Edolophini. And even that is considered medium range. So for cross-continent, I believe I will need to develop relays for that. So no promise that it would work. " Petrasha said.

" Cant you like make it so that each continent have like one headquarters that act as replay points between continents? It's like the one at the center of the continents not only manages the connections within their own continents but also as a relay between each continent? I don't know if I'm saying is logical or not, just a piece of thought," I said I don't know how these things will work but I'm just gonna assume.

" So what you mean is that each continent center will have a main station which will assist in the connection between continents, and if you want to call people from other continents, you first connect to the main station on your continent and then use it to connect to other continents, and finally to the one you are calling. Is that right?" Petrasha said. I have no idea what the hell is she talking about but I'm going to say yes so to avoid problems...

" Yeah kinda like that. Won't it be hard though?" I asked. Making things like this would be really hard. Considering that to have a connection between continents on earth is already very hard. Would it even be possible to have a wireless connection like this here?

" Well, as a high dwarf, I can probably live one or two thousand years. I have the time to slowly think about it." as I said, stop dropping bombshells here and there...

" If you say so... How about adventure gear? Could I have some?" I asked, I really hope I could get some gear like in the fantasy settings.

" Well that's easy, we are already planning to provide you one already. Since you're going to multiple continents you will face a lot of stuff." Petrasha said.

" Monsters though are not common, isn't that rare either. If you go through forests and mountains you could probably still find some monsters. But it shouldn't be too hard considering whatever we produced is definitely top-notch stuff and will not lack in defense and also offense. But do tell me your preference in combat so we can make adjustments." Petrasha said while taking out a pen and also some paper. Oh, there's paper production here already. 

" Make sure that it's lightweight. I don't want full armor stuff, second do not ever try to make a skirt for it. Hrmm that's it. I don't really know many specifications for armor to want to specific it. How about you decide it for me, Petrasha," I said.

" Well sure, wait for 5 days ill make it out for you," Petrasha said and left.

" Just me and the useless piece of garbage today," I said. It's pretty annoying with that girl at home doing nothing.

I walk to her room, opened the door and I was faced with the same scene every day. A useless elf sleeping on the bed with dirty clothes all over the place. At least this girl has the courtesy to eat together in the dining room... if not, it would be an even bigger headache to me, Petrasha, and the maids...

" Garbage, I'm going to the library now, you better clean up your room before I come back from dinner," I said to her while leaving and slamming the door back. This girl is useless...

I went out of Petrasha's house and start walking towards the Grand Library. Every time I walk through this path reminds me that we really are not on Earth anymore. The lamp post that are lumium lights, the path that are cooled lavastone. The structures are built of various types of stone materials, I can see granite, basalt, limestone, and many more. All of the houses each have a very unique design that I have to say is pretty dwarf-like? What's nice is that their houses other than stone also use glass and wood. Glass for the windows obviously and wood for the roof. Though I heard from Petrasha it's actually a type of heat-resistant wood uniquely grown inside this volcano. Yes. A tree that grows inside a volcano. What's next, a fish that lives in the sand? Oh, wait... The Sandra Kingdom got that already. Oh well, every time I walk through this path, I can always see the central magma pool. That's the only thing that reminds me that we live inside a volcano. I bet that without that lava pool, I would think I'm just living underground normally.

" Oh if it isn't Lucy, care to buy some grilled glowshroom? Fresh picked today!" One of the vendors shouted out to me.

" Ah I'm going to the Library today so maybe when I'm heading home, leave some for me ok?" I said back the food this vendor sells is quite good. The charcoal doesn't overwhelm the taste of the glowshroom and they don't use too much oil or salt on it. Truly good food.

" Alrighty, you want to get some for that elf friend of yours? Where is she today, didn't see her with ya," The vendor replied.

" *Sigh* if only she would be more active and start to be self-independent, me and Petrasha wouldn't be so worried then. She just wont do anything productive at all." I told the vendor.

" You know, maybe just let her be. It might be because you two care for her so much that she is treating it like normal. You know, those reverse mind thinking things." the vendor said while laughing.

" We used that, just leaving her alone made things worst... without us supporting she just sleeps all day and don't do anything... sometimes I wonder if she is an elf or something else," I said.

" I feel your pain, I once also have kids like that. But good thing they have grown up and I don't need to worry that much! Well, I took up a lot of your time already, you said you are going to the library right? Greet the librarian there for me ok, and tell him to drop by more often." the vendor said.

" Yeah sure, I'll even drag him to here when I finish reading!" I joked to the vendor.

Sometimes i guess living here isn't that bad either. The people here are more friendly than on Earth. Well, that's what everyone says. This is better than that, but when they lost it, they find its better back then... I miss mom and dad... but it's not like I could go back there and say, hey mom, dad, I died and became a vampire. It's just not possible.

As I was self-talking, I reached the Great Library. Calling it great is truly correct. The library is one of the oldest buildings within the heart forge. It is a 3 story high pure stone construction. Without the uses of metal building frames. I heard it's even older than Lord Paelisher himself, and that's even way before the new calendar was created. Truly this building can stand the test of time. As I walk in, I meet the very same librarian again.

" Hey, you should go back home sometimes too you know, your dad is bragging about you today in front of me you know," I said to the librarian.

" Hah... again? That old man, fine ill go there tonight... Thanks for it Lucy" he said to me.

" No problem, I'm going to the forbidden section today. Here is my pass." I told him and showed him the pass that Petrasha gave me. It's a badge with Petrasha's sigil, it's a grandhammer that has a silver lining on top of a hendecagon (11 sided polygon)" the librarian saw it and written my name on a special book and asked me to provide my mana signature. A mana signature is similar to a signature except it's unique for everyone and nobody has a method to create a new signature. It comes with you and dies with you.

Today I'm going to continue my research on the mana bomb that humans used more than a thousand years ago. Im scared that the humans might use these weapons again since they are once again targeting the other continents, they might also use that weapon too. I don't want the incident of the Kraak island to happen again on the main continents.

According to the book, before the explosion, they recorded an anomalous amount of mana surge in that specific area. A surge that would increase the mana concentration to 10 times the normal concentration within minutes. When the mana concentration reached its peak, all the mana inside immediately vanished and the explosion occurs shortly, not simultaneously. Similar to how spells are cast. In spells, during chanting, the mana concentration near the chanter will increase slightly, this increase may vary depending on the spell intensity or its range. After the chant is finished, the mana required for the spell will be used and produce the effect that is included in the chant. The explosion works similarly in this way. But the problem is, normally in order to use a spell, the user must be at least able to see the location that the spell is to affect. One cannot cast a spell that would affect the other side of the world. If this is not a spell then what could it be... Could it be a mana tool? But for a mana tool to be able to cast such a large explosion would also need a mana storage of respective size. Not to mention it is impossible for them to plant such a tool within the Kraak Island before getting purged, they also didn't even landed on the  Yskrasidria continent to even plant the bomb...

Then there's the mana corruption stuff. How can one corrupt mana if they themselves do not even have mana. Plus as someone from Earth, I can be sure that trying to understand mana would be even harder than to understand anti-matter stuff. Wait... what if...

The corrupted mana is actually anti-mana...

That would explain why in an anti-mana field, a person will start to experience mana berserk. It's because the mana from the surroundings is being inserted into the person forcefully... it would force the mana concentration inside the person to increase exponentially, causing mana berserk, and the reason they find beings with mana... is because they are trying to eject the mana inside them to beings with low mana concentration... if we bring this system to the mana bomb... let's not think about how they managed to get that amount of mana first... once an area is packed tight with mana, and suddenly a little bit of anti-mana is added into the mix, it will cause the mana near it to immediately be thrown away... the mana will continue to push each other out... this would experience in the sudden disappearance of mana within the explosion. But how did the explosion in the end occur... There must be something about mana that I still don't understand... I have to talk with Petrasha or even the entire council for my theory...

When I realized, it's already near nighttime... At least that's what the clock says. There is no way you could know the time inside a volcano.

I placed the books that I have taken back to the shelf and went out to the library main hall. I saw that the librarian is still there and said " You know, if you're not going to move yourself I'll help you." I then proceed to drag him out of his spot and go outside. " Oh yeah, someone takes over his post while this guy is gone," I said to the other staff.

" Yo give me two grilled glowshroom and one grilled lava cucumber, " I said to the grill vendor that I met before going to the library. " Oh also, here is your son. Hope he won't embarrass you this time." I said while pushing his son forward.

" Ah you damn son, how long has it been since you came back home, is being a librarian that good that home is not important anymore? Just a bit Lucy, I'll do your order after I finish this one." the vendor said while he continues to scold his son. Well, that's what happens if you think your job is more important than your family. You need to treasure them more before you lose the chance to meet them ever again.

After the vendor finished my food and handed it to me, I continue to walk home while munching on the grilled glowshrooms.

" Christine, Petrasha I'm back~," I said as I entered Petrasha's house.

" Here I bought a grilled glowshroom for you, little sis," I said as I gave her the remainder grilled glowshroom.

" Here is yours, little maid, thanks for taking care of the house for me," I said while giving the maid the lava cucumber with a smile on my face.

" Hey, Petrasha..." I said while switching into a serious face.

" We need to talk a bit about what I found at the library."

" Where is my food~" ah... I forgot about this garbage...

And this is it guys, its just a theory~ a mana bomb theory~

Thanks for reading!

Jokes aside, I'm torn between how to let them call each other. Should I make them call using big sis/little sis or use Japanese one like nee-san/imouto

Please vote~

This is the last chapter for today cause I am not feeling well... Having a headache atm

NO MORE HEADACHE NOW

AND DAMN I JUST REALIZED, THIS NOVEL IS AT THE TOP OF THE DAILY ACTIVITY RANKING NO1
14 in daily reader popularity... Its really thanks to all of you that I can get this far!

How should the reincarnators call each other ( I will re-edit all of these after the poll is done)
  • English Big sis/Little sis Votes: 15 48.4%
  • Japanese Onee-san/Imouto Votes: 16 51.6%
Total voters: 31 · This poll was closed on Feb 26, 2021 08:28 AM.
56