Chapter 23 Life in the Woods
2.4k 47 56
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

2nd Tekulach of Fezariel 1236

Beno's POV

Though I can't really call this place home, at least it is better than a cave and nothing at all. But to think that Marco knows how to build houses from scratch is pretty neat! Now we just need to find Peter, Luca and... urgh my head hurts again...

" Marco I'm going to rest a bit..." I said to him while still grabbing my head.

" Another headache? Didn't you have one like a few hours ago..." Marco asked. I don't know... I really don't know...

" Go rest for a while OK? I'll cook some food for you so that you can eat when you wake up..." Marco said. Fine...

Even though we have a bed, it is just a crude bed with blankets on it... but it's better than the stone floor in the dungeon. Can't be too picky...

Urgh, I'm getting headaches more and more often now, just what is going on here...

" You left all of us you know." Who is there? What is that voice?

" We all died yet you are still enjoying back there." Enjoy what? What am I even enjoying!

" We all suffered so much yet you are still so carefree." Me, carefree? I literally got tortured for nearly half a year here! How is that carefree???

" Just who are you! What do you want from me!" I asked the voices.

" You truly are useless aren't you." I heard another voice. It somehow feels familiar.

" What do you mean useless! I'm trying my best to survive here! I am not useless!" I yelled back. This is getting uncomfortable. How did I even get here anyway? Weren't I suppose to be on the bed in the shelter?

" I died because of you you know that? You pushed me into that pitfall!" wait pitfall... is that Luca?

" Because you told me to go find Luca, I got killed by the tree!" Peter??? 

"It's because of you I got hit by the truck!" Kevin...

" You electrocuted me don't tell me you forgotten that?" Adeline? No... I didn't... I didn't do this...

" You watched me burning in flames when we were supposed to graduate!" No Marco... I didn't... I was...

I didn't do these... I didn't kill them... it was not me... Why are you guys blaming me for this...

" You watched all of us die and continue to live happily back on Earth." the voices said.

NO! I didn't! I... I... why can't I remember what happened back there...

" You live a happy life! A life that we cannot enjoy!" NO!  I didn't! I didn't enjoy it at all!

" You murderer!" No... I am not a murderer...

These voices... they are not my friends! They wouldn't say things like this... no...


Marco (Kent)'s POV

These mushrooms should be enough for a meal. Let's go home now... Beno's headache should be ending soon. 

As I was walking home, I heard a loud yell of a girl yelling no. It must be Beno! Damn it, did the humans found us?

When I reached the house I made together with Beno, I saw a robed person coming out of it. What did he do to Beno!

" I suggest you not stay near with that filth Kitty. If you value your life, it would be the best to leave her alone." the man said. 

" Who the hell are you, why should I even listen to you?" I yelled towards the man while I branded my shortsword.

" Who am I doesn't matter to you. All you need to know is that that kid there has angered the gods, and will receive the punishment fitting for her crimes. If you protect her, you will be branded as a heretic by the gods too." the hooded man said.

" As if I care about your human gods! All we believe in Astrea herself. We will not heed your call! Outsider!" I said as I sprint towards the man in an attempt to kill him.

" Ah, a truly lost kitten. It is a sad case but it can't be helped, since you don't value yourself this much, become my pawn then." the man said.

" What are you talking about.." I felt my consciousness going away... 


Beno's POV

!!!

I woke up suddenly. What is that dream... it feels so real... but I didn't kill them... I'm sure I didn't... how long did I pass out... its night time already...

" Marco, where are you?" I yelled. Strange, no matter what Marco would be here before night. He doesn't have enough mana to run around all day... 

It is then I heard a lot of footsteps outside of the house. Tsk... those humans found here huh. Well, that is to be expected. This place isn't really the safest place here... but I can't leave without Marco, what if he got caught by the humans too? Should I directly go ahead and fight? I don't know how many humans there are outside, but it definitely will be hard for me to fight alone.

" You don't have to wait for the kitty little dragon. He is in our hands already." I heard one of the humans said. What? Did Marco get caught already? Damn.

I walked outside of the house and saw Marco standing next to a guy wearing fancy white robes.

" Let go of Marco human, and I will let you all go without any bloodshed," I said towards the white-robed guy.

" You bark pretty loudly despite being a broken soul little dragon," he said. Huh, broken soul? What did he mean by that?

" It seems like I have to do this the hard way then," I said as I sprint towards them with two swords i looted from the humans.

" Being such a broken soul, yet you still have such tenacity, I must say I admire that point of yours. Too bad, even in locked inside a human's body, I am still stronger than you," he said as he simply waves his hand and I was flung into the temporary shelter that Marco made.

Urgh, that hurts... I tried to stand back up but the man is now in front of me. His hand grabbing my head.

" Let go of me! You shitty human!" I said while I struggle to break free from him. Why the heck is he so strong! And who the hell is he! I don't even know him!

" It seems you don't know your sins, little dragon, or should I say, former human on Earth." the moment he said that I was shocked, he knew I was from Earth? How... I don't even remember most of your life there and you say you know me there...

" Don't worry, we never met before at Earth, but your actions there made me suffer quite a lot. Because of that, I had to enter this filthy low-life body. I shall make sure, that you will suffer, suffer for all the shame you made me endure, suffer for causing me to lose everything, suffer for being alive! That's why I reincarnate you after all!" the man said while laughing, his grip never leaving my head. This guy is insane, first claiming he knows me since on Earth, now saying that he reincarnated me. Does that mean he is god? But then why would god even come so low to possess a human. He must be insane. I need to escape as fast as I can. I can already feel the pain that I will suffer if I don't escape now.

" Yes, YES! Struggle more! Let me see how your useless struggle more!" He said as he tightens his grip on my skull. It hurts a lot! This is the first pain that I felt after coming to this world! Damn it, move! Why can't I escape! Why...


Pope's POV

Hmmm... it seems I used too much power, she fainted already, and I was thinking of further torturing her. So she can still feel pain huh. I guess that's normal, the brain is the weakest place of a human after all. Well now that this filth fainted, it will be easier to move her. I signaled the soldiers to come and retrieve her back to the capital. 

" Your majesty, what should we do of the catkin. Should we execute him here?" one of the soldiers said.

Hmmm, what should I do with this one, he is very protective of the girl even if he only knew her for a short time. But letting him to do those jobs on her would crush his feeble mentality fast, so it's no use to keep him. Should I let him go and gather the other reincarnators? No, there is no need for that, they will come here sooner or later anyway. 

" Throw him to the sea, I'm sure those sea creatures would appreciate having some nice food before being hunted by our fishermen," I told them.

" Affirmative! We shall do it at once." the soldiers said and start dragging the catkin to the sea.

Now my main prize, little dragon, I will truly enjoy your screams as you suffer!


5th Maelach of Meruriel Year 1237

Excelia's POV

I'm scared... I read from the bibles that vampires are deadly creatures that love to suck the blood out of their prey until they are fully dry... Oni likes to eat human meat especially the meat of young humans... Elves love to use the organs of humans to brew evil potions... Im going to die in a very gory way arent i...

But what are they going to do with me... they took my armor and then left me in this jail cell for days already... I wonder if the Count is safe, even though he is a disgusting person, he is the only other human survived that I know personally...

" We will interrogate her personally, open the door." I heard sounds from outside of the cell. It seems today is the day I will die huh. Im sorry father, I cannot fulfill the task that you gave me...

I heard the door open with a *click* sound and I saw the 5 demihumans coming in one by one.

" Now human, I am sure you understand what we are talking about right?" the oni said. Wait, do the demihumans use English to talk too? Does that mean negotiation is possible? I nodded to her.

" Good, now tell me, where do you get those armor, any lies, and ill chop your hand!" the oni said while the vampire pulled out a shortsword made of unknown materials. It isn't iron nor steel... But I can know... it is very sharp... and will probably chop through bones like its paper...

" Oh and don't try to depend on that Count of yours. He tried to let you be hostage while he will go back to your homeland to get repayments." the oni said. That damn count... only thinking of himself at this situation. Doesn't he know what will happen if they knew he abandoned the princess and ran away alone?

" My father gave me that set of armor to assist me in the subjugation of this continent..." I said.

" Fuck this shit, it's too slow," the vampire said.

" Eᛚᛖᛗᛖᚾᛏᛋ ᛁᚾ ᛏᚺᛖ ᚨᛁᚱ, ᛗᚨᚲᛖ ᛏᚺᛁᛋ ᛈᛖᚱᛋᛟᚾ'ᛋ ᛗᛖᛗᛟᚱᛁᛖᛋ ᚨᚹᚨᛁᛚᚨᛒᛚᛖ ᚠᛟᚱ ᛏᚺᛖ ᚱᛖᚨᛞᛁᚾᚷ ᛟᚠ ᛖᚹᛖᚱᛃᛟᚾᛖ. Memory Projection." the vampire said while holding my head.

" Tsk, this woman is useless, she is only a pawn for them." the dwarf said. What pawn, didn't they entrust this mission to me because I am the princess?

" But one thing for sure is that this is the scales of an Azure Dragon. One of the soldiers even participated in the capturing of an Azure Dragon with the pope last year. Along her is also a catkin, but it seems they disposed him into the ocean. We should go ask the merfolk if they can go search for the catkin if he is even alive. Near the human continent was some stray merfolk that lives underwater so they shouldn't have been found yet. We could go ask them if that catkin is still alive or is already dead." the vampire said. What? There are merfolk living directly next to the continent? How come we never found them...

" Do you think that dragon would be Beno?" the elf asked. Who is this Beno? The name sounds like a guy but I have never heard of that name in the human kingdoms.

" The map says so, so I think it is safe to assume that the dragon that they captured is Beno." this time it's the oni who answered. Map? They have info about our entire continent already?

" If it isn't because that place is manaless we would already storm the place to save Beno already." the vampire said. 

" Don't worry, it's halfway done, soon we can go rescue him or her from the humans." the dwarf said. Wait does this mean the demihumans are going to attack us soon? This is bad, if only I have methods to bring back to father...

" Oh, you won't be going back my little princess, at least not in one piece, and definitely not now. Since your father and his entourage seem to be treating our friend *very* well, we should repay them don't you think?" the vampire said... 

" Oh, we will be sure to not hurt your pretty face, we want your father to recognize who did he sent to her death after all!" the elf added.

Would death actually be better now? 

Sorry for the late chapter!

Though I should be even sorry because I couldn't post another chapter today as, well, I actually still have a job and now that my new task arrived I have to do it first, so until then no new chapters, but I will continue to reply to all of your comments!

And guess what? 

Imouto and nee-san wins! I will be editing the previous chapters when I finished my work

56