Chapter 56 Unexpected Conflict
1.5k 15 40
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

2nd Sukurach of Juriel Year 1237

Belgrynd's POV

I should leave... before something happen... and I am sure of one thing... I don't want to get involved if it happened...

Just let me slowly and steadily get out of here... I am interested in the children but I believe those could wait... plus I believe if I asked Lucy, she would know something. She is the one who sends me to deliver this message after all so she must have some knowledge about these kids... yeah let's do that... time to go~

I slowly backtrack myself back to the stairways and just directly went down while making sure that Berk didn't notice me gone. After I reached the third floor, I somehow felt relieved for some reason... I guess I really felt that uncomfortable with those two huh... they don't felt like bad guys but somehow I feel that they would gladly just put chains on me and observe me as if I'm some exotic animals that they have never seen... like some crazy scientist... no... don't judge people just by a look! Maybe they are good guys! Yeah, that must be it! They are not weirdos! They are just eccentric! Yes, that must be it!

I keep telling myself this as I just slowly get out of the building trying to not letting anyone notice me... which is a pretty good job I must say as I successfully sneak out of the building without anyone notices me! Good job me! Just in case, I turned back to check if anyone has followed me out, which thankfully, there is no one there. Somehow I felt that being with those two especially the guy named Cyber would be more stressful than being near humans... stop Bell... don't think about that, he must be a good guy...

After throwing those unnecessary thoughts out of my mind, I continue my adventure through this unknown city! That name I didn't even bother to remember! 


Lucy's POV

" Finally... they agreed to hand over some supplies without carrying it into the ship..." I said as I slumped over the sofa after moving all the cargo...

" Yeah... I'm really scared that they would just find those 3 and just kill them on the spot... good job for talking it out Lucy-nee~" Petrasha said. She is also slumping on the sofa beside me, after all, we both have to argue for a long time for it together after all.

" Say, is it really OK to let Bell go out by herself? I know internally she is an adult like all of us... but somehow I just felt worried. She went through a lot of stuff, after all, stuff that we will and will never want to go through." Petrasha asked that. To be honest, I felt the same but seeing her eyes just somehow makes me feel weak and I just let her go... I guess I shouldn't be a parent in the future huh, is this what parents felt when their child request stuff?

" I think she is fine, she is strong after all. Nobody would want to lay a hand on her. Rather, I would worry for those that would try to do something to her. They would get obliterated after all!" I said while laughing a bit at my own comment. Petry also did the same too, thank goodness.

" But somehow I felt that I forgot something... Maybe... we should double-check some stuff at the ship to ensure we have enough supplies to go through the journey. We have four extra mouths to feed after all." I suggested, which Petry protested by well... not responding...

" Urgh, let me rest... I don't have an inventory like you so I have to move all those stuff... I'm tired already... go do it yourself..." Petry said as she flips and is now resting sideways. Oh well, I guess the only thing to know is when I realized it... I hope it won't be too late~

" Speaking of which, how much money did you let Bell spend? I don't have much money left on me so if you don't have enough money for the rest of the trip I think it would be better if we hunt something later." Petrasha said... which made me remembered... I forgot to give Bell some money for her to spend... well... I hope she only does some sightseeing and now window shopping...

" Don't tell me you forgot to give her money Lucy-nee... You know that she won't have the demon currency... I don't think she would have any currency even..." Petry said... hurting me even more...

" I think she will be fine. She did say she was going on an adventure... so I think she would only be looking at places... I think... she would be fine..." I said hesitantly... she will be, right? 


Belgrynd's POV

I'm hungry... the food here smells good... I want to eat it... But I don't have the money that they used and I don't think they will accept the money that the humans used... Urgh... I wonder if there is some sort of currency exchanger here... I wanted to ask someone about that but... with how they tried to distance themselves from me... I don't think I would be able to... Berk is the only one who just directly approaches me without any hesitation... This adventure is getting bad now that I cant experience their food... and this hawker's food looks delicious too...

" OI! "

The meat looks so juicy...

" DO YOU HEAR ME GIRLY?"

It smells so good...

" ARE YOU DEAF? OR IS SOMETHING WRONG THERE?" 

So noisy... I'm in a bad mood for being unable to eat good food...

" If you want that one so bad I could give you one you know?" that noisy voice said... which isn't noisy anymore, instead it sounds like an angel from heaven!

" Really? You would buy one for me?" I said towards the voice. Which then I saw a tall demon right next to me, but this guy somehow felt different... I know I shouldn't be saying this but somehow this guy seems otherworldly. Not only his horns are different from the demons I saw so far, but his skin color is also different too. While most of the demons here are in a darkish purple skin tone, this guy is in bright red, making him stand out even more compared to the others... 

" Now now, no need for you to help sir, one of these won't hurt my business anyways." the hawker said while handing me one of those skewers that he is selling.

*nom*

" Well I guess that's that, see you next time girly~," the red demon said as he walked away. He is strange but it doesn't matter!

" This tastes so good! Thank you, mister!" I said to the hawker while enjoying the last piece of meat on the skewer.

" Don't worry kiddo, it's just I don't know why is that guy here..." the hawker said. That guy? Do you mean the red demon guy? 

" You see, there have been rumors about him in this continent. Saying that he is a spy or something. But I am not sure about that... I know his race is special but that doesn't mean that he is a bad guy. Though girls like you should keep away from him." the hawker continued. That... is a flag for a bad guy... that definitely means he is a bad guy... I looked towards where he went off, but I can't find him anymore. At the very least I cant sense him near this area anymore... that's damn fast... suspicious... but not my problem to think off, maybe I will just tell Lucy and the gang and see how they will react~

" Anyways no need to think so hard of it. If he really thinks to harm us, he would have done so a dozen years ago. Speaking of which, do you really have no money? You don't look poor with that armor of yours you know. I know it's hard to find dragons and dragonkins for their scales. Even if they really give you, it would mostly look old or a bit chipped. Yours looks like in a perfect state, as if it obtained directly from a dragon, so it must be pretty expensive for it girly." the hawker said.

" You sure know your stuff despite being a hawker huh? Also... I only have these coins... I'm sure it won't be used so I didn't bring those out..." I told him as I brought out a few of the human copper and silver coins.

The hawker looks at the coins I brought out and immediately told what I assume his sons to somewhere else... was I not suppose to show this? Did they mistake me for a human? I heard from Lucy that the demons absolutely loathe humans... did I messed up? Should I just run away now?

" Don't worry girl, we are not going to capture you or something... it's just we haven't seen anything from the humans for a long time since we cant head there. So having something from that side would help us a lot. Oh, another thing is that I also joined the war against the humans before, it just I finally decided to settled down that I became a hawker. " the hawker said while he continues to grill more skewers at that moment... he sure is carefree... I am not sure whether he is serious, or is just carefree... he was so serious a moment ago then he is now just cooking casually...

Since I don't sense any harm from him... at least for now, I decided to just wait there for that kid to bring whoever he is supposed to bring here... the good thing is that it doesn't really take too long. I'm guessing that it is less than 10 minutes... or the time for me to eat 3 skewers. Don't ask how I got three skewers... the hawker just gave it to me for some reason... but hey, it's free, and I enjoy it! Back to the topic, the boy came back bringing back someone that looks like a vampire I guess, a male one.

" So this is the girl that had something from the humans huh." the vampire said while coming closer to inspect me furthermore. I can hear him mumbling stuff but failed to understand what he is mumbling about.

" If what you are interested in the coins, here it is. " I said while handing some of the coins that I had. Obviously, I still have hundreds and probably even thousands of them. The vampire seems to be a bit startled that I just shove the coins at him, but to be honest... I don't like you staring at me... That's why I'm shoving those to you. 

Just why am I meeting weirdos in this place... First Bern and his children, then that suspicious red demon guy, now this weirdo vampire... Urgh... Maybe next time I should go with someone else... note to self... always bring someone else to go around a new town with you...

" Hrmm... these designs do look like what those humans would make... the coins aren't minted using our technology either... say, do you have any other stuff that the humans have? It would help us a lot." the weirdo asks while still checking the coins... human stuff huh, does armor and weapons count? Or should I give them some of the crops? Well if we haven't eaten all of them that is. Ah! I know what is the best thing to give!

" Here. It is a copy that I got from one of the human priests. I think you would benefit from this right?" I said to him while giving him one of the bibles that one of the priests in one of the churches within one of the towns that I raided. Forgot which one it is but it doesn't matter. I still have like a dozen of those. I know there are probably two churches within the human continent according to Flux, but I can't really find the other one. Most of them follow Terra after all.

" This is... how..." the vampire said as he starts analyzing the bible... and let out a confused face... you don't understand English, do you? This made me realize one thing... I know their language huh... I think God told me that but I guess I have somehow forgotten it...

" How do you get this? We haven't even been able to send anyone into the human ruins to find anything, yet you somehow brought us such a clean copy... who are you even? You can't be a human right?" the vampire asked with a suspicious tone... OI! Is this how you treat the one who gave you free stuff?

" A human won't have horns and tails like mine right?" I answered him directly while pointing at both my tail and horns. If you think that these aren't real... see a doctor... or eye doctor or whatever that treats eyes in this world. Surprisingly... he snorted at my answer... the heck?

" Last time you humans tried to disguise as an elf. Who knows if this time you decided to try to disguise as a dragonkin!" he yelled. Which attracted the attention of some of the people nearby. Some of them are shocked while some are angered by even hearing the word human. Uh oh... I either need to calm this vampire down... or possibly face some mob... I definitely don't want to do that...

" Now that he mentioned that, I never saw a dragonkin like you too. I never heard a dragonkin that has a scale color like that. Nor do I ever saw a dragonkin have normal legs that aren't covered in scales. Guess you humans need to work harder this time huh." the hawker said. Oi! No one would think you are mute if you don't talk damn it! Stop adding unnecessary remarks! Wait... why are you taking something underneath your counter? Wait... SHIT!

" No use talking with humans. They never treated us as sentient species anyways! It is better that we kill this pest directly!" one of the customers eating there suddenly said as he also brought out a sword and start rushing to me. Not to mention... he is not the only one... some are taking out bows, some taking out axes. There is even one using a kitchen knife that he borrowed from the hawker... DAMN IT!

I AM NOT DEAD! (though I think being gone for 1 month counts?)

Anyways I am back! I think and I hope... the past month have been very busy for me... first my college decided to mess up their course registration system, making us need to continue to have physical class, they also wanted us to submit physical documents despite no one can go across states... I was so busy handling documents and the shit, and when the government decided to be like hey, cases are going up, f**k you and stay home, then my documents are all useless since well, I don't need to go there and it all could be submitted online!

At least that's what I guessed... the college still wants us to submit hard copies... and after a month of handling all these shit and stuff... I can finally write! (ignore the 4 times that I forgot to save before closing the page, and my phone decided to refresh the page despite me not doing it and also several other times where progress are lost...)

Also... in the future, if I really have IRL stuff that delayed my writing... I will inform you guys on my profile page and my discord... I don't think many will want a fake chapter that is just announcing a delay.

But anyways! I am back and the chapters would continue! Not to mention, I am currently planning on rewriting the early chapters! After re-reading them... I felt a bit missing and some parts of the story felt a bit rushed... and some place could use some fixing. So that is that! Because of that, I am going to make a poll, whether you wanted me to focus on finishing this first, or start rewriting, or do both!

 

Also... this chapter might have very bad grammar... it is written in the span of 10 days...

 

 

Which focus do you want me to do now
  • Rewriting the story
  • Finish the old one first
  • Multitasking ftw, do both of them!
Total voters: 40 · This poll was closed on May 23, 2021 06:03 PM.
40