Chapter 57 Additional Baggage
1.4k 17 41
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

2nd Sukurach of Juriel Year 1237

Lucy's POV

Somehow... I have a bad feeling... is this what they call a woman's instinct? Can't believe I changed so much that I started to have this kind of instinct huh... I guess the old Luca is gone... Though I hate that the gender confusion still remains until now...

" Bad news Lucy!" Amy rushed towards me while yelling the word bad news again and again. Urgh, I hate my instinct. It couldn't be because I forgot to gave Bell some pocket money to spend right? I don't think she is the type to steal something...

" Just what could it be," I asked Amy lazily as I am still on the couch.

" Bell got into a fight!" Amy said... say what? A fight?

" Are you sure? She isn't at the human continent anymore, and she isn't even anywhere near where monsters would spawn..." I said to Amy wanting another confirmation.

" I am 100% sure... I saw this icon a lot of times already back when she is still in that shithole... but that's not the point! What do we do? We can't just let her fight here right? We just got her back and I don't want to lose her already!" Amy said in a very worried tone... wait no... I think in here, the ones who would fight her are demons... and I don't think any demons would be able to fight her... it would just be a one side landslide... I am more worried about those that are fighting her, to be honest...

" Don't worry, it is Bell we are talking about, she is pretty stro-" before I even managed to finish my sentence, Amy rushed over and grabbed me by the shoulder and stare at me.

" Don't you dare say about no need to worry... What do you even mean by its Bell... she might be strong, but don't ever forget just where did she just come out from! She had enough of fighting already! What if she even starts disliking demons? What if she just got fed of all of it and just run away? We just have her back and now she might even just go for even longer!" Amy continued angrily while still grabbing my shoulder. I can feel the grip getting tighter too...

" If you two *yawns* are going to talk so loudly... go to some other places... I'm trying to *yawns* sleep you know?" Petry said while waking up. Perfect timing! Help me, Petry! 

" Oh, nice timing Petrasha! Bell got into a fight and Lucy just want to let Bell be! Saying that she is strong and whatever. Don't you think that is too irresponsible? No matter what she could still be in danger!" Amy said to Petry while er, I'm not sure if Petry is listening...

" If that's the case, go fetch for her then... case solved... now keep quiet while I continue to sleep..." Petry said while she flipped to the other side, her back facing us... you didn't help at all! OI! STOP SLEEPING!

" You heard her, since you are the only one who could fly how about you go out now!" Amy said... why me... can't you just teleport there?

*THUMP* 

" I think I will-" " No I will go. You go check up Bell." Amy said as she went to check on the sound.

Tsk... You made me like this... you're coming with me...


Belgrynd's POV

" OI OI OI! Stop stop stop! Timeout! Timeout! I'm really not a human!" I said as I continue to dodge the attacks of the 'combined' force of the demons and vampire... this is getting hard. More and more of them are coming... don't just join in the fight for no reason damn it!

" Every human always says that! Every time we found out a human in disguise, they would just claim that they aren't humans and continue to fight! Which is what you are doing right now! If you are not human, surrender now and we will promise it will be quick!" the vampire said as he continues to slash in my direction horizontally with his sword, which I respond with a duck. 

" Seriously, the way you said that makes me think that if I surrender I will get killed anyway!" I yelled back and slide pasts him. I don't want to kill them, but at the same time, I feel like if I don't do it, it will be me who is getting killed... 

" Damn, you're pretty nimble for a human I must say, too bad no matter what we still have the number advantage." one of the people said that while stabbing me while I'm still on the ground, which I rolled again to dodge that... too many attacks... I can't even stay at the same place properly! Someone... just come and help me stop them!

"It's because I'm not a human! Damn it! I said it a bazillion times already that I'm a draconian, not a human!" I retorted back and continue to dodge the attacks... somehow... they're controlling my movements... every time I tried to run away, they would focus on preventing me from doing so... they are too coordinated for some random group of people!

Wait...

I can fly...

If I can fly, it means I am not a human, since humans can't fly... not without planes that is, yeah... I'm dumb... 

The one holding a kitchen knife tried to just come and stab me. Good timing. The guy is trying to stab me while lowering his body, creating a perfect jump pad! Nice timing!

As he comes forward in an attempt to stab me, I jumped onto him and immediately start flapping my wings. 

Now that I am in the air, not only I have the advantage of being able to maneuver in more space, those guys cant attack me easy now. More importantly, I prove that I am not a freaking human!

" That is why I said I am not a human! Humans can't fly!" I yelled towards those on the ground, well more like talking a bit louder, I am just flying around three or four meters above the ground after all.

" This is... how... arent you..." the vampire starts to stutters. See! That's why I told you to believe me!

" I guess we are in the wrong there... sorry lass..." the hawker said. hmph! This marks a victory for me!

" Now, would you mind explaining what happened here?" a feminine voice appeared... and it sounds like it's behind me... and why does it sound like Lucy?


*minutes later*

" Why is it going like this..." 

" You tell me... I let you get out and you got into a fight for some reason even!" Lucy yelled loudly... stop this public execution, please...

" They're the ones who want to fight me... I already told them I am not a human but they just won't believe..." I tried to talk with Lucy... even if it fails, at least I tried...

" Oh yeah? As if that reason is good enough, anyone with eyes would have known you are not a human!" Lucy retorted back... but they did! And they have eyes! 

*pfff*

Someone is laughing... I turned in the direction and saw that damned vampire... next time when Lucy isn't here... I will pin you onto a cross and feed you with a ton of garlic!

" But that is what happened... I gave them some human coins and they just think I'm a human, he said he was interested in human stuff and I even gave him a bible that I found from the humans... he then just blatantly claims that I am a human..." I said again while pointing at that very same vampire who caused me so much trouble and even tried to laugh at my condition!

" Trying to make ex... oh... that guy..." Lucy tried to deny my 'excuse' again but as she turned to the vampire, she stopped. Did she know him?

" Freaking... urgh... Bell, that guy is the one who accuses you of being a human?" I nodded at her question and she started walking to that guy... I also realized... Petrasha is sleeping at the hawker's place... when did she go there?

" I- I- I can explain!" the vampire said as Lucy steps closer...

" Yeah, explain, how about no. Let's just get you dealt with. It's the third time already." Lucy then proceeds to punch him in the face... which then the vampire... shrunk? The vampire is now just a small fairy... or pixie? I'm not sure... 

" Hey! No punching in the face! Wait... no no... STOP!" the fairy yelled as she got captured by Lucy and placed within a metal cage like she is some sort of pet bird... the cage is then tossed to the hawker, in which he caught it perfectly.

" Give her to the mayor, tell him she did the thing again. Either it is me that is unlucky or just somehow somewhat I kept meeting her doing stuff in this continent... come on Bell, we are going back, grab Petry too." Lucy said as she started flying back... wait that's it? Shouldn't you be like apologizing to me for misjudging me? Also, why did you even brought Petrasha here? Are you lifting Petrasha as if she is some weight? 

As I continue to do my ranting internally... Lucy is quite far already... damn... I had to catch up!

" You owe me one... I will remember this little fairy..." is what I said to the fairy that is still in the cage and proceeds to pick Petrasha up and starts to fly back...


Back on the yacht

" So... she got 'pranked' hard by a fairy that you know..." Amy said in disbelief... yeah I couldn't believe it either. A fairy pretending to be a vampire that seems to be well known within the community... can we sue her for impersonification? Are there even laws here that forbid that?

" Well, I got tricked by her a few times too. Somehow she just knows what is the best way to get my attention. One way or another. Believe me or not, she tried to disguise herself as Christine... I was so happy at that time that she finally started to work voluntarily... turns out it's a fake..." Lucy said in a sad voice... are you even suppose to be sad? I feel that Christine was the one that should be sad now...

" So... why am I the one that is going to cook now... I thought you all say we are buying food from outside?" I said towards them... somehow after coming back, everyone was just waiting for me to come back... save from Lucy and Petrasha who just went out to fetch me...

" Cause you got me to go out and meet that jerk," Lucy said confidentially and without any hesitation...  you are just trying to blame me in order for me to cook right?

" Petrasha won't be cooking cause she is going to drive us back home. Lucy's cooking is bland, you know how Christine cooks before so she is out. and May cooked yesterday. So it's time to change the people who cook. In here we took turns to cook after all!" Amy said confidentially too... aren't you also find an excuse for me to cook... I'm the one who cooks for you guys yesterday too...

" Also... mind telling me why is there an extra person on the ship," I asked because well... I sensed an extra person on the ship, and somehow, I feel that that guy feels familiar... familiarly weak.

" Hrmm? There's only us here right? Us 6, 3 humans, and also Kent. Jasai and Neo won't be here until we are going to leave." Lucy said. No... excluding those two there should only be 10 people here... but I sense 11 people up here...

*bang*

" What's that for! Why are you just shooting randomly Bell!" Lucy yelled at my sudden action. Trust me. There is someone else here.

" And here I thought I had by concealment skill perfected..." a voice said. Coming out from the direction that I shot. Oh, better take this up, they're almost ready~

" Cyber? Why are you here? Shouldn't you be at Bert's place? When did you sneak on?" Lucy asked him as she helped him to stand back up. Oh, I purposely hit his stomach by the way. 

" Ehehe... I can't let go of such a nice specimen! I never saw a dragonkin before and this is a great chance to perform my research!" Cyber said proudly... can't think that thing as something to be proud of...

" First thing first, I won't be cooking for you, I prepared portions of 12. So you are not included." which then earned quite a lot of sad noises... huh? " Second, I am not a dragonkin, I am a draconian, just how many times I have to say this..." I continued, which then somehow made Cyber in an even better mood?

" OOOH, a race that I never heard before, I need to record this... ouch... what is that weapon... it hurts a lot..." Cyber said as he struggles to stand up. What do you think? Even if it is a dud, it would still hurt. Especially when you didn't even expect said attack. Also, since they said Neo and Jasai won't be here that fast, I guess I will store their portion into my inventory. Since time flows slower there means that the food won't cool down that fast. 

" Amy, mind helping me get a few bowls? Plates would also work, we are eating fried rice today. Classic western-style fried rice. Good thing I got a lot of rice from the humans~" which Amy replied with a nod and helps out. Lucy figured that Cyber isn't fit to walk and proceed to assist him to sit down on a chair... at least that is in a nicer term. In reality, it's almost like she is dragging Cyber to the table and just put him there. Yeaaaaaaah... he is weak, very weak. 

" I'll go bring the human's portion to them while also calling the others," Lucy said as I gave him the human's portion. Those three are still inside as we can't really risk bringing them up. At least that is what Lucy says. 

" Also, leave now, we aren't taking any additional baggage on our trip," Lucy said to Cyber, ouch that hurts~ 

" Nah~ I'm following you guys! I can't let go of such nice specimens. I'm interested in all of you!" what? 

" He means his studies Bell, not the other kind of interested. He is a biological scholar and deals with evolution stuff and new species. Though I believe there hasn't been a new species for hundreds of years already." Lucy clarified that and proceed to go away.

As Lucy went out...I can still hear her saying freaking hell another useless baggage... You might be quiet enough that others won't hear that, but I can... and this time... I think I will agree with you... this would be another useless baggage... just like Kent. But I think it's better than Kent, at least he didn't ditch me the moment he sees May. I think Cyber would be interested in most of us, at least until his reports are finished... but hey, that's better for me. 


Somewhere else

" Interesting... what do you think of this person." - mysterious female voice

" Could it be sent by them?" - mysterious young female voice

" Can't be, they shouldn't have known this, but I heard Berth was captured already, do you think it's him?" - mysterious male voice

" Doesn't matter, our plans can still go on without him. make sure preparations are done. I don't want to drag this for too long." - mysterious female voice

" Come on, it would take time to head there. Plus, we have another juicy piece to take first." - mysterious male voice

" Remember to get me a bit of it. Especially those weapons, I heard they called it nukes. These guys sure create strange stuff." mysterious young female voice.

" Yeah, don't get into the tentacle stuff that some of them are fond of. I don't want to remember that." mysterious male voice.

" Anyways, get someone to go track down that person. We need to know if they really start to interfere." mysterious female voice.

" Roger~" mysterious male voice

Oho? We got a new member onto the team huh, also sad Bell, got blamed for nothing, poor Bell~

Also, it seems we have something that happened behind the stages huh~

Hint, I definitely didn't add the fairies because someone is fond of them~

Currently, the vote is leaning towards wanting me to complete this first. Let's see about it then~ remember to vote on it if you haven't by the way, the poll is at chapter 56~

41