Chapter 59 Troubles everywhere
1.4k 10 40
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

1st Maelach of Ausiriel Year 1237

Belgrynd's POV

Today should be the day that their ship would arrive right? I remember that Petrasha said that it would take approximately two more days to reach, so I guess I should not wander too long before returning~ just maybe hunt one or two more animals then go back~ shouldn't be too hard~ maybe I can see if I can meet the hog that I found when I first came~ never seen any of them later.

I found even more types of herbs on the way hunting for extra game, one that isn't found near the town, though it isn't really that near, but I believe it's within their foraging area so it's probably rare or even completely harvested already. But it doesn't matter, what I found is similar to mint, except it's a flower rather than a leaf, which in my case doesn't matter since it's going to be processed and eaten anyways~

" Careful, we don't want people to see us... it's already risky to settle here, we don't want more interference." someone said, probably a male... but somehow, it felt like, it is a human... I could be wrong as it sounded pretty far away, but then again, my guts are telling me that the voice definitely belongs to a human.

Should I go check on the voice... or wait until the gang arrives and check it out together... waiting will be more fun, but what if it's not true, if it is not humans but rather just smugglers, wait, that's the same... but then again, checking it out won't hurt much. Think of it as scouting, it would be better if we could have more info right? Well, even if we don't, I don't care! Let's just go check it out and then go fetch them!


Lucy's POV

" So, how much longer till we can reach land?" I asked Jasai who is in the water next to the ship.

" If we are going to continue at this speed, I'd say between two and three hours, provided there is a spare place to park the ship at the port that is. I've heard that some humans showed up just the before this, so some fishermen were reluctant to go out." Jasai explained. This is troublesome... how did the humans escape the blockade? I thought the demons made sure that they destroyed every coastal port... did these ships left before the blockade is formed? 

" What did the humans do, did they attack the port or nearby village?" I asked Jasai which he shook his head. Huh...

" They just appeared and then went off... at least that's what those who found the ship told us. The humans just came near the coast and then went off... they didn't do anything, not even letting down a raft or dumping stuff into the sea..." Jasai said in a concerned voice... wait dump stuff into the sea? Is that even legal back at Earth? Oh... Jasai wasn't in the same year as us... It is probably alright to dump stuff into the ocean at his time...

" How long did they stay for? Did they did anything else?" I asked Jasai, which then Neo interrupted us.

" The ship you mentioned earlier, we sunk it already. There is nobody on board when we checked it." Neo said that while going closer to Jasai while talking something to him. I can't really hear what are they talking about because their voices are covered by the waves as they're not talking that loudly.

But the ship is empty huh...

" Petrasha, I'm glad that you hired me for such a long time, but I have to say, it is time for me to go. I need to go handle the mess for quite a while. Not to mention, the human continent would need more guards now since we know that some ships have slipped past. Plus, you guys would be going back to the dwarven capital right? Since Christine is done with her training, I believe that I should continue to do my own stuff." Neo said... so he is leaving huh... 

" Do come back often, even if you decided to come back, we would still have your room ready. Not like I would be bothered to turn it back to a normal room that is." I said to him, which he nodded and left the group, directly going in the other direction.

" So, about what Neo said. The ship that they sunk, according to those who were there, the ship first sails near the shore, then it stops before coming close to the guards, after around like 10 to 15 minutes, it then turned away and starts floating..." Jasai explained to me the details... why use the word floating though, is it because after it turned, no one is left to control the ship, hence... floating... but where did the people on board the ship go?

" I'm going to speed up the ship. We better investigate this situation... things might not be easy here... Jasai, go ahead and help us get a space at the port. I want to dock as fast as possible." I told to Jasai and went back to control the ship. Could it be teleportation? But humans cant use magic... what the hell is going on...


Belgrynd's POV

Well guess who is here, humans... they sure are everywhere! 

Following the sound, I found several humans hunting food, of course, I didn't interrupt them. I let them continue to do the hunt, and follow them back to their base! Stupid humans can't even recognize that someone is following them!

Too bad humans aren't that good at concealing their base. They just made it inside a cave, with a very obvious palisade outside of it. Are you even trying to hide it?

But damn... there is a lot of them... counting the 10 guards outside... there are probably around 30 more inside... the strange thing is, I can sense around 6 of them staying in the same position inside their base, guarding something. Their weapons... seems like they're using the same flintlock firearms back on their continent. The newest model I suppose, but that's not what I'm worried about... all the weapons they're using... are using the mana stuff... urgh I had enough of that weapon. Before just a shot made me almost fainting... I am sure that I do NOT want to experience that again... I heard from Lucy that if it hits a normal person, they will go berserk... I wonder why I didn't at that time...

Now that I know what's going on here... I think it's better that I head back and meet up with them first... they would make use of this information... and maybe...

WE CAN GO HUNT THEM TOGETHER!!!

Let's not get too excited here first... if I go back... the first I'm getting is an earful from Petrasha... that can't be helped... one has to make up for their actions... let's go back... wish I had a map, but I think it won't matter since I know the general location of this place.

I retreated back until I am sure that they cant notice me, and fly straight up into the sky. Though I don't think they will be able to find me on the ground, being in the sky makes it even harder for them to find me. If they catch up to me of course. 

After I think around a few minutes of slow flight, I can see the port town, and I stopped... should I continue to fly in? Or should I land somewhere else and walk-in? Let's walk, directly flying into it is fun, but sometimes you have to walk through it to enjoy the view. While I was thinking about this, I can see Petrasha's ship coming through. Damn, it can be this fast? The speed is like 15? 20 knots? Why isn't she using this speed before... Whatever, suits me more, I don't need to wait for them that much then.

Change of plans, I'm flying directly to the port since they're going to reach soon. I wonder if they know about this situation?

*Minutes later*

Hrmm, quite busy are we.

I can see Petrasha telling the dockworkers to handle stuff on the ship. Which including arresting the princess and... Flux and Frux? Why them too? Oh, for safety purposes, I can see the brothers having different treatment than the princess, I guess that works huh.

" So, why are you hiding here and not going out to meet us?" I heard a voice behind me... do not turn around... 

EEEEEEEEEEEEP

" Oi, Petrasha, I got Bell," Lucy said as she dragged me towards the ship... this is embarrassing...

" Good riddance, I told you to come back before dinner... and you went on for two days straight. I believe you are in need of some punishment." Petrasha said to me and then going back to handle her stuff with the port workers.

" Lucy, are humans common in this continent?" I asked Lucy, which surprised her.

" Huh? Not really, those who were here are mostly descendants of those thousands of years ago. Since the humans just only discovered sailing after all. Why do you ask?" Lucy answered me. So almost a thousand years ago huh... they wouldn't have flintlock a thousand years ago, right?

" But didn't they came here already? They have ships right?" I asked again.

" Yes, but we made sure to sink every ship that comes near the shore. We don't want to let them have a foothold here after all." Lucy explained. Ah, so that's why there are lookout towers every few hundred meters... still feels excessive though.

" So there are no humans out hiding right? Like within secret bases or something?" I asked again, wanting to confirm something.

" What are you up to? Until now, each kingdom will periodically send patrol teams to make sure that no humans will settle down here. We either capture them or kill them on the spot. There would be race cases where humans are kept alive, but most of them would be at the dwarven kingdom. You probably won't see a human within other kingdoms after all." Lucy explained to me, confirming that the base I found earlier, is definitely not a friendly base. How they get in I don't care, how can I convince the gang to let me go kill them is what I care about now.

" Lucy, they said that they will be sending patrol teams to search the forest. I hope what I worried is just a false alarm..." Petrasha said to Lucy as she walks towards us. 

" So... finding humans?" I asked Petrasha, to which she nods.

" We found a human ship, but it's abandoned. I'm scared that the humans on there might have teleported, but humans don't have magic so that is probably not possible, but I still want to prepare for the worst case." Petrasha said.

" Well, I found a human base in the mountains, want to bring you there?" I said bluntly, shocking not only Petrasha and Lucy, but also some of the port workers and officials that Petrasha was talking to just now.

" You what?" Lucy said first.

" You better explain everything. First, you went off on your own, now you found a human base. What is next, you are going to find a faraway evil hiding in disguise?" Petrasha said.

" Wait, Petrasha, tell the scouts to stop first, if Bell got info of the enemy, then what we need is not a scouting team, but a raiding team," Lucy said.

" Yeah, whatever, what can they have, it's not like they have anti-matter guns, I will tell them, you get information from Bell," Petrasha said as she left us.

" They don't have anti-matter guns that are for sure, but they do have anti-mana guns," I said. This time, earning an even bigger reaction. Even Jasai who is still at the sea and also a lot of people that are near where we were are also shocked. What? Never heard of it before?

" Call the mayor... immediately... also prepare a manacom..." Petrasha said.

What... I didn't say anything wrong... did I?

Bell did nothing wrong~~~ Warukunai yo ne~

It seems that Bell discovers something bad, what will they do? A raid seems imminent I must say. ( This ain't sponsored by Raid Shadow Legends btw)

Also, Neo won't be gone forever, he just went ahead and do his stuff. He will be back.

Since my new semester is coming, I will try my best at writing things weekly, I seem to be unable to write things fast now... too much stuff going on.

40