Chapter 60 Prepping for raid!
1.3k 20 35
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

1st Maelach of Ausiriel Year 1237

Belgrynd's POV

" So... I heard you need me for something, Lady Petrasha," the man in front of me said. Lady Petrasha huh, so many people respect Petrasha now, unlike back on Earth, good for you then.

" Did you received reports about the human ship? I had just received information that the nagafolks have sunken their ship, only to find no one on board it. With another sighting that there is a human base within the mountains, I believe the best action here is to report to you first and gather around capable people to raid the said base." Petrasha explained the flow of events to the mayor, I think, he doesn't look like one, he looks more like a combatant than the mayor. In fact, even his right-hand doesn't look like one too. They just look like a party of adventures going together.

But that is not the point... the point is...

" So... Tell me why I am here?" you could just bring Lucy or even the others... why me? I hate this kind of stuff...

" And I believe this girl here is your last group member." the man said which Petrasha nodded.

" Bell, I know you are eager to go and kill them all, but do understand that because your statement earlier has reached the public. Thus the officials have to do their part to at least calm the people down. That's why we are here to discuss our further actions. And you are absolutely needed here as you are the one who scouted the area and know what are they geared with." Petrasha explained 'nicely'. Urgh, this is a pain. I hate politics.

" You could at least behave more appropriately little girl." one of the guards within the room snorted. What, are you some kind of those nobles that treat commoners like trash? You're just a little guard boy you know?

" No need to be aggravated kiddo, I think she is just not used to political situations, so back to the topic, what do you mean by your statement earlier by this lass?" the mayor told the guard and went straight back to the topic. Hrmm, nice save there, I like that save.

" You see... Bell here just reached here and isn't familiar with stuff... so she just said that the humans that landed are using anti-mana weapons, it caused quite an uproar..." Petrasha said, again, by mentioning about the anti-mana stuff, the mayor, right-hand and all the guards there except the one who seems to dislike me are all shocked.

" Hmph, just some bluffing, I bet she just wants to scam some money." the guard, never mind, I'm not even going to call him that, I am just going to call you punk, said that. What do you think I am, some scammer? Nobody in the right mind would go and scam a mayor right? If anythings the case, it's normally the opposite!

" Watch your tongue punk, I wouldn't say anything if I were you." I retorted, which seems to get to his nerves. He seems to be genuinely angry now. I don't care, nor do I wanted to care. Just let this finish and let me go already.

" Mayor right?" I said which the mayor nods.

" The base is located within a cave around the northeast side, the cave entrance is facing away from the town, so you have to circle the mountain to get there. Not to mention, within around 100 meters from the cave is rigged with several traps. Though I believe it is for animals as it is quite obvious. I only stayed for around 30 minutes so I am not sure when they would change their guards, but the entrance would constantly have 4 humans guarding the main gate, with 2 more humans on lookout towers. Within the cave is around 30-40 humans, with 5 constantly guarding a single room. I believe that room would contain something important. Finally, the weapons they are using are mostly swords and spears, but most of them would have at least a flintlock firearm, whether it is a pistol or a rifle. There I've done explaining, can I go now?" I bombarded them with every info I know and just went straight out. I don't want to stay in here any longer.

" Hey what do you think you are doing? Do you think you can just leave whenever you-" the punk came stopping me. But before he could finish his sentence and even pointing his spear at me. I had already taken out my gunblade and is pointing at his throat.

" If you want to play, be my guest," I said, threatening him. I can see him feeling scared but at the same time, feeling even angrier. 

" Bell! Put that gun back!" Petrasha yelled. Oh, why is it my fault again! Whatever...

" You too stop pointing the spear. She is our informant about the enemies, stop being so rash every time!" the mayor said, ha you got scolded too.

" Why shouldn't I! This girl just disrespected you! Anyone with a functioning brain would be able to know that you are one that shouldn't be angered! Why are you listening to her so much! She is just a nameless pawn!" the punk said. You said that I am a nameless pawn? Arent you one yourself too!

" Bell, come back, we still need to discuss even further. The presence of anti-mana weapons means that we can't just charge straight on. Even a single shot would be fatal to all of us." Petrasha begged me. Urgh, whatever.

" It can't be that deadly, I've taken a few hits already from those weapons." I retorted and sat back on the couch. But I can hear the punk trying to laugh at me.

" Listen punk, I don't care whether you recognize me or not, but if you provoke me, I am going to make sure that you won't be leaving here alive. You hear me?" I said without even looking at him.

" Wait did you really survived an anti-mana weapon? I thought those who got hit would definitely die?" the mayor asked. Huh? The topic shifted to me? 

" Yes, though in various spans of time, but for damn sure I didn't die from it. Though even me myself can't take too many of those." I said, which made him start thinking.

" She is definitely lying. No one ever came back alive after getting hit by an anti-mana weapon, you should just ignore her!" the punk said.

" Bell, since you fought those before, do you know any ways to counter it?" Petrasha asked completely ignoring the punk. But counters huh, now that I think about it. Every time I fought this weapon, I always take damage from it...

" If I had to say, do not get a direct hit from it. I got scratched by some yet I didn't felt anything at all. But a direct slash into me would cause pain. Here I still have one of those anti-mana swords." I said as I took out one of those swords to Petrasha, which she immediately jumped away from it. Huh?

" Er Bell... I don't know why you could hold it... but even being near it makes me nauseous..." Petrasha said that when I looked towards the mayor, he seemed to have the same feeling. Huh? But I don't feel anything unless it hits me... whatever. Wait... I got an idea!

" What about you punk? Can you handle this?" I said as I bring the sword closer to him. The other guard has all ran away!

" What do you... *bleurgh*" the punk even started vomiting as I got closer! Ha! You totally deserved that!

" So, as I said, try not to get a direct hit. If possible, use ranged weapons. If close combat is inevitable, make sure to have some sort of protective barrier or shield to block it from you. If that also can't be done, just run away. Cause it seems all of you have a low tolerance to this stuff." I said while storing back the sword. This should be good to deter annoying pests! I am keeping it~

" That sounds troublesome... seeing that we need to quickly blitz through here to minimize damage, we do indeed have a tricky situation here..." oho? the mayor regained his composure quite fast! Even faster than Petrasha! But that doesn't really matter.

" And that is why I said that to just let me charge straight on. Easy and simple! No calculations needed even!" I said to him. I just don't understand. Is politics more important than your own citizens? Oh wait... it probably is.

" It is not just about the politics Bell. If a port city mayor is known to have some outsider to handle his own mistakes, what will happen next." Petrasha said.

" Reputation down then got removed. Isn't it just petty politics? He is just trying to keep his spot as the mayor by handling himself right?" I responded back to that question.

" Not just that. Imagine if you have to resort to asking someone else for help, this means that you have insufficient power to fight against them. This would make the public panic and create a lot of chaos. More importantly, some muscle brain or someone that thinks that they are better would just head straight up to them like morons. What he wants to prevent is these morons directly charging to the enemy." Petrasha explained. To be honest, it doesn't sound that much different to me.

" Fine fine... what's the plan... but I will warn you. If you decide to just rush an army in, you're going to regret it." I said to him. Plus... I want to know what that room is... I felt like I saw some similar structure before... at least the guard placement and location feel similar. I felt like I saw something similar back on the demonic isle and the human's place... strange...

" We are still thinking of one... the problem here is the anti-mana weapons. If we are not careful with it, it will damage us more than the enemies." the mayor said. Urgh...

" Petrasha, what kind of weapons do you all use here," I asked Petrasha.

" Huh? Er... this isn't dwarven territory so I am not sure, Piths, you still using the same arsenal as before?" Petrasha asked the mayor this time. 

" Well, we updated a bit. We are still using the same melee weapons as before, but we just ordered even more new model manarms to be made. Though it wouldn't reach until mid-Olukiel. But if it's the old models, we should still have enough for two platoons. But if you wanted more ranged weapons, it would only be crossbows left," the mayor responded. Tsk... judging by his tone, these manarms would likely be just normal rifles that aren't even close to snipers... and crossbows don't have the range for it...

" Say Petrasha, have you made any sniper rifles here? Even hunting rifles would be good too." I asked Petrasha. What we needed now, is long-ranged weapons, and make sure that it is quiet.

" Not really. I haven't made modern weapons in this world. Well, except the lightning rod. So I think no. Why do you ask?" Petrasha answered. No modern weapons huh. Cause the current problem is that we cant fight the enemies head-on. Sneak tactics are the key here, but Mr mayor keeps insisting to bring his own troops to go... let's see... do I have any of those in my crafting list...


Petrasha's POV

" So... what is your friend doing there?" Piths asked me. Currently, Bell is erm... poking the air. She is probably searching his crafting list for stuff and if I had to guess. It would be long-ranged weapons such as snipers since she asked about it just now. But... how do I explain this to him...

"Let's just say that she is doing something similar to what Lucy does often... don't ask how or why," I explained to Piths.

" Is that so... OK then... so, what do you think about this Lord Petrasha," Piths said.

" To be honest, what Bell said is correct, we can't really use a whole platoon to attack the base, it would be too risky and would endanger a lot of our troops. A long-range approach will be the suitable strategy but your arsenal doesn't really allow it. And it seems that Bell here wanted to make sure that the ones inside the cave won't notice us. I don't know the reason, but I think it's a good idea too. If they decide to be suicidal and self-destruct the cave, we won't be able to get any information of how they came here and even setting up the base." I explained which made Piths think even more. We are really in a bind huh.

" Petrasha here, see if you can improve this." Bell suddenly said as she throws a rifle in my direction. Huh? Isn't this a Nosler M48? Bell... when the hell..." I asked.

" Only this time. I would still need more materials though. The amount of chromium I can get from the human continent is low so I cant make that much stainless steel. The most I can make is just 3. Oh and don't get me wrong, I'm only giving it to you and the gang. I am definitely not going to make this for outsiders. Also, the quality of these isn't that good. The downside of using the crafting system is that the durability is lower than normal and would require more frequent maintenance. Also, do you guys have high-quality glass? If you have, I could make a good scope out of it." Bell blurted out again... too much information but damn... with this, I believe we could take the humans on.

" I er, would like an explanation Lord Petrasha..." Piths said after Bell finished blurting out absurd stuff.

" Well, simply said, this here is a rifle specially used for hunting. And as you have heard... Bell won't let anyone else get these guys... so I can assume, she wants you all to follow our lead to head out and fight... as we remove the threat outside, your army will head inside and finish the rest. Right, Bell?" I explain to him and looked back to Bell, which she shook her head.

" First half correct, we snipe them, the second half though, I will be heading inside first before the rest of you. I want to make sure of one thing." Bell said as she continues to poke her inventory screen. Wait...

" You're charging in too? But why?" I asked her, and I didn't even get any response...

" That is a plan I can agree to... but are you sure that your friend could charge in alone? Even she doesn't know much information about the enemy right?" Piths asked. I am worried about it too...

" I've eliminated humans fort singlehandedly. A cave hideout shouldn't be a problem to me. Since you have agreed to the plan. I will just head out and prepare for the fight. So you got the materials I've asked Petrasha?" Bell said to Piths and asked. Chromium huh...

" You gotta check on Lucy, she's the one who stores all of our supply after all," I said, which Bell immediately stood up and directly walk out of the room. Ignoring the poor little guard that she traumatized earlier.

" That's one feisty friend you have there..." Piths said. 

" Don't ever think of it. Plus, aren't you married already? Also, don't you have to quickly organize your troops now? Cause if you aren't, I will just go ahead with her and clear the entire camp." I said as I too stood up and left the room, chasing Bell.

But a hunting rifle right on the go... but why should I be surprised even... she made a freaking rocket launcher before too. 

No no no, you who made a freaking yacht by yourself is even more absurd. Not to mention you don't even have a crafting system to actually craft for you Petrasha...

It's been more than a week... I'm sorry for the slow update but here we go! A new chapter!

And a piece of side news... this might make some unhappy cause it made me look like I'm not doing my job right... but I've decided to let our girl Belgrynd become a VTuber! The sad thing is it is me the author who is behind her... and I'm a guy... so... her name would be prior to her reincarnation / her current name! 

Some of you might yell at me for 'chasing current trends' but to be honest, before even starting to write this story, I always wanted to be a YouTuber, but then stuff happens and I haven't uploaded that in years... but now with this story as a support, I felt that I could finally do constant stuff! (Except finals sorry for that) 

Also, not only will I start doing that, every new chapter not only will be tagged in my discord, but I will also post it on my Twitter! So those who don't use discord could use Twitter to follow it. 

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkS99akoXdvCUJ73j2ZCNcg

https://twitter.com/belgrynd

And finally the discord server link in case anyone forgot about that. 

https://discord.gg/YxnqZk9zrz

Do not worry, not all author notes will be this long. I will only post the discord link every 10 chapters.

 

 

35