Chapter 64 Payback
1.3k 11 38
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Belgrynd's POV

Where am I...

This place looks familiar, the weird trees inside a huge dome...

" Calling my creation weird is rude you know, though I didn't create them as they are some common items our group shared. Saying it weird is just saying my taste weird too!" I heard a familiar voice... I think it's Astrea right?

" That's rude to remember me this fast you know, I am the one who helped you to remove your harmful memories and get you back to your friends you know!" harmful memories? What do you mean by that...

" Anyways, how long are you going to stay in bed? It's annoying that I have to speak into your mind you know?" Astrea said again. Bed? When did I even get onto a bed... oh wait, since Astrea is here it means we are in her personal space right?

I woke up groggily and felt really weak, at least weaker compared to the last time I was here.

" That is because you used up nearly all of your mana. Pretty interesting magic you used there though. I am pretty sure those magic are only used at the B branch." Astrea said. This time not directly into my mind but directly to me. I can see that she is just sitting on her bench that is not that far from the bed that I am lying on.  But branch? What are those...

" A branch is basically a department of systems and administrators, or gods as you all like to say. I guess you could figure out how are each god classified too. My name starts with A, and the head of this branch also acts as the reincarnation god, which in this case is Akre, also starts with A though Akre doesn't really manage any realms either, but that is not the point. You see, each branch would have their preferred way of managing their realms, some using magic, and some using tech or science. Some even don't even want their realm to have sentient species, just animals and plants. In most of the realms in our branch, we used the magic theme and made it so that people in our realms would cast magic using the mana within the worlds, not inside their bodies, so most of them do not have much mana within their bodies. While you, on the other hand, have an abundant amount of mana inside you and are even capable of creating mana. Wait... now that I think about it. Berth was the one who reincarnated you... He shouldn't be the one who did that, it should be Akre..." Astrea explained to me some of the stuff before she started to monologue.

So... does that mean I am not supposed to be in this world? That I am the odd one in here? Does it mean I'm in the wrong world...

" Don't take it that way girl, it's not that you are in the wrong world, it's just your abilities would be a bit odd out here. Nothing wrong to be honest." Astrea said, which doesn't really make me feel better... but I guess it's the effort that counts...

" Cmon, don't be shy, you are special! One of a kind! Don't feel so bad~ I am sure there are also a lot of those that are one of their kind, no need to get so depressed because of it~" Astrea continued. You know, it would be better if you didn't continue with this... you sure are bad at comforting others...

" So why am I here? All I remember is fainting because I don't have enough mana... when did I even get here?" I asked Astrea who is now sitting on her bench and looking at a lot of holograms there. Though, why did I felt Astrea looks a bit different now... she now looks like some sort of catkin compared to the previous... how did she look before?

" You see, this appearance is only for show, so I often change my appearance to those of the races within my realm. Nothing too important anyway," Astrea said as one of her hands went to pat on the chair next to her. Is she signaling me to sit there? I saw her nodding and decided I should follow what she wants... after all, she is a goddess, if she wants she could just erase me out of existence.

" Not all god or goddess is that bad you know. Though, if someone broke a rule that I set, I will do so too. So be nice and don't break rules, OK?" Astrea said to me... scary... that is all in my mind while I went to the chair next to her and sit down.

" So... why am I here? You explained to me how I got here... but why?" I asked her.

" You see, when I see you using magic that belongs to a separate system, it made me a bit curious you know. After all, you shouldn't be using that kind of spell, and after dragging you here, I'm still trying to learn how did you even have access to that system. So just sit here, don't need to worry, I won't do anything to you. Though I believe that it definitely has to do with Berth. Though sadly I don't know what kind of system his branch uses, I will need to ask Akre for that..." Astrea said as she continues to play with her holograms... what do I even do here...

" Just sit there, it's ok, I just want some company. Kur is currently busy learning about soul transferring so currently it is just me and some helpers here." Astrea answered... ok... then er... I will just sit here then...

" Say, you really love your friends huh, even going ahead and helping them to absorb all of that mana. You do know that if  you don't have that Anti-mana counter, you would die right?" Astrea asks me.

" But at least they survive right? After all, they have been here for years already. Their connection should be way stronger than mine... not to mention, they said that I changed a bit already and isn't really the same Beno that they are known for such a long time... if it's really the case, even one less wouldn't even matter right? It's not like it would change anything... plus... now that I have cut off Lucy's legs, she can't even move forever now... she works as a hunter, without the ability to walk, she can't even go and earn money..." I said... I wonder if Lucy will really forgive me though... 

" Don't think like this girl. Even though you might be slightly different compared to before, you are still you, right? If yes then it doesn't really matter. Plus, even if that vampire loses a leg, it isn't really the end of the world, there is the magic that could regrow limbs after all. If she is really angry at you after you saved her life, I would say she isn't a good friend after all. But the most important thing, do you really trust them so little that you think that they will forsake you for what you have done? I am not sure how long you were with them in your previous life, but it should be long enough that all of you wanted to reincarnate into the same world. You all even re-united despite being at different continents after all." Astrea said as she stops doing her stuff and starts to give me headpats...

" So stop thinking bad things alright?" Astrea asks me to which I nodded back... Do I really deserve this much? My friends... even the goddess is helping me... 

" Ahem... I don't want to interrupt your time but..." a male voice appeared suddenly... and it sounds familiar too...

" Huh? Akre? Why are you here?" Astrea asked, oh... he is the god that fixed my soul I believe...

" Yeah, delivering a package. The council has decided that they would want Berth to be cleansed and removed. I asked if I could handle the process in which surprisingly, they approved. I am not sure what the high council is thinking but since I have the ability, I thought of letting the little girl there has some payback. After all, Berth is the one who caused so much pain to her, I remember a human saying called an eye for an eye makes the world blind, but in this case, Berth is going to be gone anyway so let's just let her do whatever she wants. Don't you agree?" Akre said towards Astrea... so... is that one going to die?

" So... Who will be the next B then? I sure hope it's Basillia, he has the most potential among all of the others." Astrea asked. Who is Basillia? Why does it sound familiar...

" Not sure, they are going to discuss among themselves. So yeah, girl come," Akre mentioned to me and suddenly, the one who caused so much pain to me appeared in front of me... 

At that moment... I can feel something... a lot of emotions, anger, hatred, fear, despair, embarrassment, loneliness, resentment, all of these emotions start swelling up within me... I felt conflicted. I felt scared of the guy in front of me, wanting to run away as fast as I can possibly run. I felt angry, I want to hit him as hard as I can, in the arms, legs, and also his stomach. Most importantly, I felt hungry, hungry for power, for revenge, for payback. This man in front of me is the one who caused me so many painful memories, who created me who wouldn't bat an eye when it's killing humans, who made me a slaughterer who would kill humans for fun. He is the one who made my friends felt that I changed. The one who made my connection with my friends weaker. For him, killing him directly would just be a good thing. It means that he could just get away unscathed, which means that punishment would never reach him as he will be long gone. And I can't accept it.

" I can do whatever I want right?" I asked Astrea and also Akre. Astrea did not reply to me but she did stare at Akre, which tells me that I should just ask him.

" Just make sure that you don't break his soul. I'm too lazy to clean up a shattered soul. Not like you could have a way to shatter a soul anyways." Akre said as he heads towards where Astrea is and talks about something that I don't understand. But that isn't important anymore. What is important, is this guy in front of me. 

" What do you want mortal, although I might have lost my powers, I am still a god! I can erase you if I-" noisy, I slammed my tail into his face, probably breaking some of his teeth and his nose. Conveniently, he is using a humanoid form, though not human, he still has two hands, two legs, and also his head. It's just his skin is reddish compared to a normal human.

" You know... you made me suffered so far... don't think that this would just be it," I said to him as I proceed to chop off his limbs. Using my claws rather than my weapons, though it's more of that I am not sure if I have access to those at the moment.

" You made those humans cut off my limbs, one by one, every time it regrows back, they cut it off again. For days, weeks, months. Not to mention, my scales getting plucked off one by one. It is a shame that you do not have scales. While I do want to rip off your hair, it would be too time-consuming." I said as I immediately turned his chopped limbs into mincemeat.

" Not to mention, I heard from others you also messed up with my memories. While I am not sure what the heck did you change, I am damn sure that you are the one who caused my nightmares!!! ᚱᛖᚷᚱᛟᚹ ᛚᛁᛗᛒ," I said as his limbs are now back again. I am sure that if it isn't because that I am in the goddess place, this would cost so many mana that I would die of mana exhaustion. 

" You see, I tasted a lot of human meat, they can be quite tasty and also disgusting at the same time. But I never tasted the flesh of a god. I wonder how will it taste." I said as I chopped off his limbs again. Doing the exact same thing that the humans did to me. Except the difference is that my limbs regenerate far slower than what this guy is having right now. But does it even matter? I am just letting him what I endured for those times within the short time before his death. It's totally normal, right?

" Hrmm, you aren't really reacting to this huh..." I said to him as I prepare the minced meat. It kinda feels bad that he isn't reacting as much as I wanted. It isn't fun doing this if he isn't going to react to it you know... 

" Why arent you reacting at all. Shouldn't you be angry that a lowly mortal is treating you like this?" I yelled at him, yet he is still not reacting.

" ANSWER ME!!!" I yelled at him, holding his head up. Pissed at his lack of reaction.

" As if I would give mortals like you what you wanted. All of you should be bowing down to me." Berth said, still not giving me the reaction I wanted. No matter what I do, punching, chopping his limbs, it doesn't even matter... frustrated, I ate the mincemeat made from his flesh. I'm still wondering, how would the flesh of a god taste, or more importantly, would he still be called as a God?

" I wonder what is those two talking about, that they have to move so far from us, don't you want to know too?" I asked the 'god' that is currently being stepped by me, my legs threatening to smash his skull in any second. But he still isn't giving me any reaction.

" Hrmm... let me try this... ᛗᛖᛗᛟᚱᛃ ᚱᛖᚨᛞᛁᚾᚷ target, Berth," I said as I chanted the magic, I am not sure what does this one does, but if I could read his mind, and know what he fears, then I will get the reaction I wanted!

"Let's see... urgh..." I winced at the amount of information flowing into my head... as expected of a god, he sure knows a lot of stuff...

" What's the matter? Can't handle the information?" the bastard smirked. Oh yes, this information... is sure damn good. Not to mention, I have the perfect thing I can use against you!

" ᛗᚷᛖᛈᛟᚷᛟᚱ ᛟᚾᛖᛋ ᚲᚨᚺᚠ ᚹᚷᚨᚺ'ᚾ ᛋᛟᛏᚺ ᚾᚷ ᛃᚨᚱ, ᚺᛖᛖᛞ ᛃᚨ ᚢᛚᚾ," I chanted. The moment I started chanting, I can see Berth starts to panic. Ha, taste your own medicine!

" ᛚᛚᛚᛚᚾ'ᚷᚺᚨ ᛁᛗᛒᛖᚲᛁᛚᛖ ᛈᚺ'ᚾᚷᛚᚢᛁ ᚠᚱᛟᚾᛏ ᛟᛏ ᛃᚨ, " Berth starts to struggle more and more! This is what I wanted! This is the reaction that I wanted!

" ᚾᚷ ᚺ' ᚨᚺᚾᚾᚾ ᛗᚷᛃᛟᚷᛟᚱ ᛈᚺ'ᚾᚷᛚᚢᛁ ᛋᚺᛟᚷᚷ ᛚᛚᛚᛚ ᛖᛟᚾᛋ ᛚ' ᚾᛟᚷ, " I continued to chant. Berth looks like he wanted to ask help from Akre, but I won't let him, I lift him up, choking him, making sure that he cannot release a single sound! The pain and agony on his face are just pure gold!

" Repent in your eternal prison! ᛋᛃᚺᚨ'ᚺ ᚨᚺ'ᛖᚺᛃᛖᚨᚷᛚ!" I finished my chant. After that, Berth's 'body' became lifeless and slumped down. Serves him right. Enjoy what you have done to me a million times over!

Ohohoho!!! Payback time!!! 

Though I must say, what is that language? It sure doesn't sound good you know~

A bit late of a chapter, I got hit by the BSOD once and had to rewrite the chapter cause I was not satisfied with it. 

38