Chapter 66 Promotion… Maybe?
1.1k 18 33
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Announcement

I am sorry for the almost one month hiatus...

College work really hit me hard and I have to totally focus on working on that in order to not fail the semester... But now that it ended and it is sem break time, the story will be back!!!

 

Belgrynd's POV

" So what are you saying, is that I am now some kind of god like what Astrea is now," I said to the two other gods that are in front of me. 

Well...

With me being restricted with some magic that Akre cast on me. To be honest, I don't even know why are they doing this... If I wanted to cast a spell, my mouth would have called the chant and do it, and I would get free right?

" No, that bind also locks away your system, so you are now just a human with some dragon part cosplay," Akre said. I forgot he can read minds too... Or should I say all gods could...

" So, back to the topic. Do you know what you have done there? That spell is very dangerous and if things go wrong it would even consume yourself..." Astrea asked me. Her voice indicating that she is worried for me. So gods also worry about people huh, nice. I thought all of them are like the bastard there. Well, Akre and Astrea are different... Or is it a special characteristic of the gods that starts with the word B?

" You sure like to think to yourself you know... now would you mind answer our question... depending on the answer we might need to bring you to the council," Astrea interrupted my thought process. Rude.

" I am not sure, I just know when I saw him I felt a rush of emotions into me. Then that spell just sort of came into my mind. I am not sure how do I know it even... I just sort of feels like I know that spell and just cast it." I explained to the two of them which earned me two different reactions. Akre is facepalming while Astrea is speechless. Did I say something wrong?

" This is why all of the reincarnation gods should do their procedure properly... You see, because he did yours haphazardly, the power that he used to reincarnate you is not cleared completely. There are still some remnants of his power within you, which I guess helped and harmed you as he used it to track you down and it lets you be able to use his powers... So I guess in this case it helped you, as much as I don't want to admit that." Akre explained. 

Wait... so this power is the remnant of the power he used to reincarnate me? Just how strong it will be if it is not just the remnants...

" You will ascend into 'godhood' then... I prefer the term promoted though." Akre said. Stop reading my mind...

" Though it doesn't really matter for you, as you can consider yourself as a demi-god now. Or in my terms, a moderator." Akre said

" OK, this is getting confusing... first you say promotion and now you say moderator... it sounds like we are in some sort of server where there are several roles that manage the entire server..." I interrupted him.

" You are not that far off. In a nutshell, the 'gods' that you all call are being separated into several ranks. The top is the creator which is the first-ever god in the universe. He then created the High-Administrators to assist him in managing it. Below them are the Administrators like Akre here and what Berth was before. Another tier below them is us, Moderators. Even below them are the Helpers such as Kur. The rest of the 'angels' are all members within the management realm." Astrea said. That... is basically a server... well except for a high admin... I don't think many servers use that rank.

" Wait... if I am a moderator... then why am I considered a demi-god only? Not a full-fletched one?" I asked.

" You see, within the ranks, the first Admins are chosen by the High-Admins, every Admin after the first one is chosen from the moderators within the Admin group by the Admin itself. Moderators on the other hand are chosen from the helpers and helpers from the members. All within their own group. Members well, they are from every single life that is deemed worthy. I guess you can see what is going on here right?" Akre explained to me...

" So... I am still considered a demi-god cause I haven't gone through the helper and member phase... is that what it means?" I replied to him. To be honest, I am still not so sure about its system. If every rank needed to be chosen from the previous one. Then shouldn't I start from a member?

" That is because you directly absorbed the power of an Admin. The reason why we have to make it into stages is to let the newcomer members understand how the management realm works. Which is why you are considered a demi as you don't know the rules in there yet." Akre continues to explain. So... basically a trial period. 

I looked at Akre in which he nodded. I guess mind reading can be useful sometimes. Akre nods again. OK, not every time.

" And... How does that relate to you guys restraining me?" here comes the main point... I have been asking this since the start, yet we got sidetracked with so much stuff...

" To make sure you won't cause harm of course. Can't have you go rampaging after obtaining such power." Astrea answered me. But somehow, I felt that isn't the case... 

" And done. I am going to release the restraint Astrea." Akre said suddenly. Done? What done?

" I have to say, while you do have the powers, I am afraid that I cannot let you have it while you go back to the normal realms. It is too dangerous. So I have locked away all of the 'godly' powers that you have obtained from Berth. The spell that you used to get this power included of course. Don't worry, nothing changed really. You will still have the ability to use the spells from his system so don't worry." Akre said it... someone saying the word don't worry twice...

" Also... what's with this... thing on my tail..." I asked them as I brought my tail to the front because they haven't released the restraint, I have a bit of difficulty pointing the hexagram but it should be obvious to them what I meant.

" It is a symbol that you are a god that uses the same system. I said before that different realm uses different systems right? This is what represents the realms. A yellow hexagram meant that it is the mana system that Berth uses, our mana system is similar but a bit different, which is why ours are also hexagrams but different in the color." Astrea said as she lift up her hand, showing a green hexagram acting as a bracelet. Akre also did the same but his was a necklace. Strange, I don't remember seeing this on Berth though.

" That is because his symbol is on his belt. And his clothes blocked them. Just like my clothes blocked my necklace." Akre answered as he hides his necklace back... stop reading my mind... Does that mean I can change mine too? Seeing as all of yours are accessories...

" Nope, as these symbols are formed during a promotion, normally people can request how it forms, but since yours formed on itself, you cant change it. Don't worry, it won't hinder your daily activities. You can even will it to be invisible to others. Though the 'others' in this context are any mortals. Us admins and moderators would still be able to see it though." Akre said. Urgh... 

" So what will happen to me now... can I go back now?" I asked both of them.

" For now yes, but I do have to warn you one thing, do not even try an attempt to use any power related to the admins or moderators. Though I highly doubt you could. Also, since you have the memories of Berth, you probably know some eldritch spells too, do not use them too much or risk getting corrupted by them." Akre said.

" Yeah... You don't want to become one of them..." Astrea added on the side... One of them? Huh? Eldritch corruption huh... best I don't touch it... the last thing I want is to be controlled by some random eldritch entity. After all... I want to be in control of myself... well who doesn't want to be in control of themself... 

" With that said, you should be fine to go now. Let's hope we don't see each other too soon. It's bad having an admin coming over with such frequency after all." Akre said before standing up and releasing my restraints. Finally... I almost thought that you are going to forget about this...

" Well. With him gone... It's just me and you now," Astrea said as she also stands up and invite me to sit down on a nearby tea table with her... while I appreciate the tea to alleviate my confused and stressed mind... I would rather go back to my gang...

" You sure love them huh, wish I had friends like this too before I became a moderator," Astrea said sadly.

" I hope you won't mind me telling a bit of a story... it is also related to the eldritch stuff that I mentioned before. Do you recognize the name Artemis? It should be the name of a god back on Earth right?" She asked and I nodded, though I don't really know that much about mythology as I was never really interested in them except in the games I played...

" You see, Artemis originally is also an Admin that is chosen by Akre to be his successor. She is also one of my friends when we were both are still members and helpers. Seeing her being able to advance to Admin feels really good. But when we both became moderators, the conflict happened. The conflict happens around every 10 thousand cycles. But that time, it happened earlier. Not all of us are ready for that. Not to mention, a lot of the realms are still recovering from the previous conflict. The Beta system was hit the worst as the conflicts starts from there first. Tau on the other hand almost got entirely wiped out... Tau is where Terra is at by the way. Which is why you guys found so many mysterious stuff. Those are the remnants from the previous conflict. " Astrea said. So... there really is alien life? And there's also some random mysterious civilization?! Oh boy, if the archaeologist back on Earth knows about this...

" They will never know, Terra won't let it. Anyways. Due to that conflict, a lot of moderators were wiped out or corrupted. I can still remember some of those that got corrupted... Achilles, Arbor, Asteria, and Artemis. Though I don't really talk with other moderators a lot, we still are from the same system, and because I and Artemis can be counted as sisters, it hurts even more that we lost her. What hurts me even more... is that she tried to use Eldritch magic in order to prevent the conflict from spreading to my realm..." Astrea explained while almost crying... but she doesn't seem to be able to...

" Though the last conflict is around 5 thousand cycles ago, it also meant that we are halfway to the next conflict. And seeing you really reminds me of Artemis. She along with the other moderators really get along with each other like you with your gang. So please, do not step in the same step as Artemis. Using it with long intervals is alright, but using it in succession will make the Eldritch gods start to target you. Once it started, there is no turning back." Astrea ended her short story with a stern warning... Eldritch corruption... it really is like those Lovecraftian stories back on Earth... 

" I do not think that I would even have the chance to use it, to be honest, 5 thousand cycles sounds far away for me, even if it's years, I won't be able to survive that long right?" I asked. After all, these cycles seem to be like almost a century or two. No matter how long the lifespan of a dragon is, I don't think they would survive 500 thousand years. Do I even have to worry about that?

" Don't forget that you are a demi-god now dear, once your lifespan as a draconian end, you would be promoted to a God after I give you a crash course on the rules. Well, either me or Akre." Astrean shrugs it off... shoot, I almost forgot... damn, that Berth guy still giving me troubles after he died...

" Still, to be obtaining a demi-god status this way huh, you are the second one in the realm of history I believe," Astrea stated that...

Second? There's a first? 

" Yep, and guess what, Akre is the first one~ Still can't believe that guy killed another god and after several thousand cycles, he is now an admin. Not to mention he also need to handle another one of his cases! It is a good thing that he is my higher-up. Can't think of what to do if you were to come to my system doing this without Akre as my boss." Astrea said... hold on... that guy is the first case of a mortal killing a god? 

" Wait, didn't you say that if you ascend this way, you cant modify the system representative? Then why is his a necklace?" I asked. If he is unable to ask for it, then why is his in such a good location, while mine is so obvious?

" Why you said, because it spawned like that, his system actually spawned floating around, he just tied it to a string and use it as a necklace," Astrea replied... damn lucky... while mine just has to be at my tail dangling...

" Anyways, enjoy your... promotion? Can it be counted as a promotion as you need to wait until you die in order to get promoted? Well, not like Akre die in order to get promoted, so maybe you can too. So enjoy your not-promotion with your friends, feel free to tell them your journey here by the way. No need to suffer from the common troupes where you cant tell others about your circumstances." Astrea said as she summons a panel and I can feel that I am losing consciousness... OI, what do you mean by-


Astrea's POV

Good riddance... just why did I start to talk about Artemis now... She isn't even closely resembling her...

" Sometimes it is better if you release some stress like that, even us will have a mental breakdown if we always keep it in our heart you know," Akre said as he pops out again... I should get used to his antics now huh. With the existence of Belgrynd in my realm, I am damn sure that Akre will be coming here more often...

" Then get me some of those high-class admin snacks then. I could use some good food to release the stress." I said to him, which he shrugs and just laugh it off.

" Sure sure, want some stuff from Terra? I am going to his place later." Akre proposed.

" Some of the new mangas from his realm, your own series sucks," I retorted. Sometimes as a good, your idea will get bland and boring, Sometimes it requires a mortal with a limited lifespan to create unique and special stories.

" You.... fine, I will be going now, remember to tell me if that girl did something absurd again," Akre said as he pops out of my realm again...

I wonder, maybe you aren't that different too huh.

Can this even be counted as a promotion? Since Bel has to wait a long time for it... 

For those that still stay for this novel, I really thank you all for waiting for such a long time. I promise that if I am going on a long hiatus like the one before, I will announce it in the author's notes and not just disappearing like that...

I somehow felt that my grammar deteriorated... I hope it's not real... poor grammar would really affect the story... and I want to make the story more enjoyable for you guys... 

I hope that I can at least continue the previous pace of one chapter per week or maybe faster...

Just a question... if I created a patreon... what can I offer? Would people even support such a bad story? XD

But still a real thank you to you guys who have supported this so far. Especially those that continue to comment in each chapter. Those really are my motivation to write this story...

33