Chapter 68 False Alarm
1.2k 25 34
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

3rd Tekulach of Ausiriel Year 1237

Amy's POV

Today was supposed to be a calm day... where I go around the town wandering around freely... and figure what should I get for Bel when she woke up... Why does this have to happen...

I am now rushing towards the adventure guild as the guild's own warning bell suddenly rang. Which means that there is a great danger heading towards the town. Well if you are trained in sensing mana, you probably don't need the bell to know what happened. There is suddenly a huge surge of mana within the area which could mean two things. A monster wave has formed, or a spell of mass destruction has been cast. The second one doesn't make any sense as if you have such a spell, you would cast it to attack a nation's capital and now just one of the smaller towns ...

From my map, I can see that May and Bel are still at the house, while Christine is at the town hall, Petrasha at the crafters' district, and Lucy is already at the guild. Both Christine and Petrasha are rushing towards the direction of the guild so that is where I will be going... I guess.

On my way towards the adventure guild, it can be said that most of the town is now currently being thrown into chaos... one is because of the bell ringing... another is that those who can sense mana can feel what is going on... those with combat capabilities are rushing towards the guild while those that cannot are rushing back home...

" Damn... just who is the one interrupting our peace... not like I have any ever since we met Bel... urgh." I groaned as I ran towards the guild.

On the midway towards the guild, someone caught my attention... or more like someone wanted my attention...

" Hey Amy, you know what's going on here?" Christine asked while she is running towards the guild with me.

" I am as clueless as you, all I know is that there is suddenly a huge mana gathering up in the town... didn't you heard the others who are running saying the same thing?" I asked back which earned me a frown from Christine.

" As if I can understand what the hell are they talking about! I don't have a translator like you guys so I have to process it you know!" Christine complained... this is why... you request it!!! You read a lot of isekai novels and you should know that the normal course is to ask whether you could understand the language or not! It is even a miracle that you are an idol singing songs in their language...

As we are near the guild, I can hear Mr. Welk and also Lucy giving out orders to the hunters and adventurers in the guild. It seems they are assigning people in squads to search for the mana point. 

" Christine, Amy, you're here. Finally, we are just preparing to get May to help too... where is she right now?" Petrasha asked as we got inside the guild. With that, I also checked on my map one more time...

" What happened? Why are you having that face?" Christine asked. What I saw was a bit... unbelievable... May is no longer inside the house... and so is Bel... they're now heading outside of the town?

" Petry, get Lucy, we have to chase them. Somehow Bel and May are going out of the town. I don't know what happened, but they currently are almost reaching the west gate." I yelled at them, also grabbing the attention of some of the people nearby and also Lucy.

" Hmm... Lucy, Mr. Welk, stop the search," Petrasha said suddenly...

HUUUUUUUUUUUH?

" What do you mean by stop the search? Isnt this town in danger due to the mana gathering here? Shouldn't we continue to search to ensure the safety of the people here?" Christine said back, clearly shocked at what Petrasha has said. Well, you're not the only one, some of those who overheard what we are talking about are also confused.

" The 'mana point' is probably Belgrynd. As you guys can feel now, the mana concentration is actually dropping. This is because one of my friends is bringing Belgrynd out of the town, I have no idea why this is happening now but I am sure it will pass by soon. So please call the others to come back." Petrasha said calmly as he head towards Mr. Welk to discuss the stuff, leaving Lucy to call the adventurers and hunters to stop the search... but now that Petry mentioned it... the mana concentration does feel lower now... is it really Bel that is releasing all these mana? Cause the amount... the amount there is even larger than 50 Lucy combined... last time we check, Bel doesn't really have that many mana... so what on earth is happening...

" Old man, bring Petrasha, Christine, and Amy to see what's going on there, you should live long enough to know what's going on I hope, I will handle the mess here. I cant fly fast so I will just be a dead weight chasing them." Lucy said as she continue to direct the adventurers to stop patrolling and ask some of them to get the others back.

" Well, you heard my girl, let's go and find your friend. Though I am not sure what is going on, I sort of has some speculations now that I know it's caused by your friend." Mr. Welk said as he brought us out using the backdoor of the guild since the front is still filled with people and he doesn't want others to know he is going out... probably...

As we start heading towards where May and Bel are, I realize one thing... it seems Bel has stopped releasing mana. At least I don't feel the mana concentration rising as we are heading nearer towards her. In fact, it is still dropping, meaning that the mana is starting to dissipate into the surrounding.

" This feeling, she must have evolved into quite a high rank." Mr. Welk said as we are rushing towards there.

" Evolution? But doesn't evolution take in mana rather than release it?" Petrasha asked. 

" I am not sure, but if I didn't remember wrong, the one punk in the dwarven kingdom also has this kind of situation when he evolves into a Royal High Dwarf... or was it Noble High? I forgot, it is like a few centuries ago. But when one evolves into one of the higher ranks, their body will first absorb a lot of mana in, then once it reaches a threshold, it will consume a part of the mana and release the un-used one into the surrounding. Though this mostly happens in a mana-rich area cause you need to first absorb it after all." Mr. Welk explained... so that is one of the requirements to evolve into a higher rank? To be in a mana-rich area? That is a pretty game-like... or should I say novel-like setting.

" But this amount... I believe even if it's the first council won't even have this large amount of mana right? The amount of mana he has isn't even near a quarter of what is being released here..." Petrasha asked back. That... is true too, if this amount of mana is released every time someone evolves into a higher evolution, then it shouldn't be as rare as we thought. Cause most records don't list this as the requirement for evolving. 

" That is what I am asking too. I am there when the old tart evolved but even his mana isn't as intense as this one... You guys sure have one hell of a friend huh." Mr. Welk said as both Petry and I could do nothing but smile awkwardly... to be honest, ever since Bel rejoined us, we never have had a week of peaceful life... it has been an event after event after event... wait... after Bel rejoined us... just how many days has she been awake? The first few days she had her soul fixed and was forced into comatose... then after reaching here, she fought with the humans and then fell into comatose again...

" Speaking of which, are they still moving or did they stop already, oni-girl." Mr. Welk said... please remember my name already...

" They have stopped already and we are almost at their location already, just a few meters left. Look there they are!" I yelled as I pointed towards May and also Bel. Though Bel seems to be still comatose ...

" So you guys also realize that Bel is the one releasing that mana huh," May said as she walked towards us.

" Yeah, after Amy told us that you all are running out of town and the mana concentration within the town starts to lessen, it isn't that hard to connect the dots," Petry said as she walks towards Bel.

" To be honest I am not even sure, I was in the house wanting to get some food and the next thing I knew is the amount of mana gushing out of Bel and I immediately realize that it is causing trouble to the other people within the house, so I brought her out. It really happened so suddenly ... Any clues?" May explained to us.

" Yeah that is an evolution alright, I can see her strength is going up... Problem is... We need to go further... It seems like she is going to have another evolution soon..." Mr. Welk said as he starts to lift Bel up and start to head even further into the forest, with all of us following him.

" Say May... Did you try to appraise Bel? You know ... To see her stats?" Christine asked as we follow Mr. Welk further into the forest.

" Yeah let's ... What the actual ... All of her stats are increasing at a rapid pace ... Heck it's even increasing right now! Her strength is even double of mine... Heck her wisdom stats are even nearing the 300 value... Almost all of her stats have passed 200... Well except for intelligence... So we don't have to worry about a sudden very clever Bel ..." May said... What is going on...

As we are still rushing out, another wave of mana is being released by Bel, this time even more than last time. The amount of mana caused all of us to stop in our tracks and even starting to stay away from Bel.

" Lass how far are we from the town, is it over 1 kilometer?" Mr. Welk asked which I nodded. If I had to guess we are almost 1.5 kilometers from the town already.

" Then good I'm putting the girl down. We have to stay further. If we stay too close for a long time we might risk getting mana poisoning. While it might still be fine for me and Petrasha here, it would be a problem for you three especially the elf there." Mr. Welk said as he laid down Bel on the grass while he is looking out if the surroundings if there are any wildlife or monster nearby. 

With that, all of us except Mr. Welk and also Petrasha evacuated from Bel... 

" Hey, Christine, you as an idol probably head to quite some places before, ever saw a reaction like that?" May asked Christine. Which she shook her head, indicating no.

After around two minutes, even Mr. Welk and also Petry came to us.

" The mana is too intense... I feel that if I waited there, it would be my turn to get mana poisoning..." Mr. Welk said as he starts to cast some spells in order to use up some of the mana inside of himself.

" The mana is getting real dense... and there isn't even a sign of it stopping soon... the last mana release took like 10 minutes... will this also take that long too?" Petry said while she also tried to cast some magic to clear out some of the excess mana.

" I wouldn't say that... if a noble high evolution is enough for her to release that amount of mana... a royal high would probably produce double if not triple of the amount of mana than before... it is kinda a surprise that you are even able to carry her here without getting mana poisoned yourself."  Mr. Welk said.

" Well, body strengthening and also speed boost does continuously consume mana after all... it is not like I have some superhuman strength and I can run that fast carrying someone on my back. Unlike a certain someone who cants act properly in front of his children..." May said as he look at Mr. Welk with some... judging eyes... er what happened?

As we are chatting and having a little banter within ourselves... something happened...

" Is that... barrier here before?" Christine said while pointing towards Bel. Which, causes us to all look at there...

" What is that barrier..." Petrasha said. 

I walked towards the barrier, and tried to go inside... surprisingly, I am able to, but what is inside the barrier, immediately caused me to get back out.

" Amy, are you alright?" Petrasha said as she rushed towards me...

" Dont go in... too many mana... ᛖᛚᛖᛗᛖᚾᛏᛋ ᛟᚠ ᛏᚺᛖ ᚨᛁᚱ, ᚠᛟᚱᛗ ᚨ ᚠᛟᚲᚢᛋᛖᛞ ᚲᚢᚱᚱᛖᚾᛏ ᚨᚾᛞ ᛒᛚᚨᛋᛏ ᛁᛏ ᛏᛟᚹᚨᚱᛞᛋ ᛏᚺᛖ ᛋᚲᛃ. ᚨᛁᚱ ᚲᚨᚾᚾᛟᚾ!" I casted as I tried to expel the mana within my body using some magic...

" It seems... this barrier's only use is to confine the mana within a certain area... but who cast this? Why is this barrier here?" Mr. Welk said as he gently touches the barrier.

" Are those... mana crystals? How did they even get here?" May said. Inside the barriers is a lot of blue crystals that are clearly mana crystals...

" Seriously what is that girl doing... how is she even evolving this fast..." Mr. Welk said... we all wanted to know to... everything is going too fast. But as fast as we are talking about the formations of the mana crystals and her second evolution going this fast... the mana crystals is disappearing again... and Petrasha said something truly ridiculous...

" She... is evolving again... Welk, what is the evolution after Royal High? Grand?" May asked... wait to evolve again? Bel is evolving three times in a row?

" If the records are correct yes, after that it is Grand... a Grand Dragonkin... not even the sand dragon lord is at the Grand evolution... " Mr. Welk said as we all look at Bel who is currently still unconscious in the middle of this mysterious barrier... I am not even sure if she is aware of what is going on with her now...

Within half an hour... we are just staring at Bel... watching mana crystals form near her and disappearing... not even sure what we could do... with May updating us on what is going on with her every five minutes...

" Her highest stats are now in her agility at 1231... lowest is her wisdom at 729... well exclude the intelligence... that didn't change at all... average wise it could say its over one thousand already..." May gives us the newest update... average at one thousand... that is a lot... just what is going on...

" Mind comparing her's with mine? I want to see how big is a difference of a noble high and a grand," Mr. Welk said towards May which she did it.

" Your highest is at 316 at the strength and lowest is 42 at wisdom." May gave the answer... did... Mr. Welk tried to like power level?

*ps ps* May got close to my ear and told me one thing... " His intelligence is at 14... just a bit higher than Bel..." that... almost earned a laugh at me...

It is when all this is happening. The barrier broke, and what we see, is a Bel... that is now a Grand Draconian... with an average stat of one thousand two hundred... 

Name Belgrynd Race Grand Draconian
Strength Endurance Agility Dexterity Wisdom Intelligence
1301 1021 1538 1381 921 12

Is Bel trying to be a god...

I AM SORRY

I promised to get a lot of chapters today because it is my birthday... but I can only get one out... I keep thinking about how to present how would Bel get the enormous stats gain from absorbing Berth... I had to scrap the entire chapter and parts of it a few times... and only found this way to be the best way to bring it...

Forgive this stoopid author, please...

 

34