Chapter 76 Flag Succeed
1k 2 28
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

3rd Maelach of Secafiel 1237

Lucy's POV

I swear! Why the hell am I dragged into this mess!

Hello, this is Lucy the vampire, together with me is Belgrynd or Bel the dragon, Petrasha or Petry the dwarf and also May the catgirl. Currently, we are being chased by a myriad of monsters and a type of stupid pig called julakhog.

" Why do you even accept their request in the first place Petrasha!" May said as she continue to run. Currently chasing us (according to Bel) are 21 wasps, 2 julakhog, and also some random animals who are actually running away together with us.

" I am the one who suggested the establishment of that town you know! Of course, I have to take responsibility to take care of this since I am here!" Petrasha said also focusing on running away from the wasp horde.

" If you two have the time to yell at each other, think about how the hell do we escape from this situation!!! Tsk, ᛁᚲᛖ ᛚᚨᚾᚲᛖ!" Bel yelled as she continue to attempt to barrage the wasps with ice spears. Originally we were hoping to use her guns to shoot them, but it is kinda useless when we have to keep running and have to request ammo from her. So we dropped that and just use this hit-and-run strategy.

"Don't look at me! You two think of something too!" I said to both of them as they were looking at me to think of some sort of strategy. I am a hunter doesn't mean that I am a strategist! Those are two different occupations!!!

" Whoever it is just think of anything fast! There is some more of those boars in front of us!" Bel said as she continue to barrage the wasps behind us.

" How the hell did we even find a wasp hive anyway! Shouldn't their hive be deep in the forest? We didn't even find anything related to a hive!" May said as she grabbed one of the rifles that Bel made that is strapped on her back and prepare to shoot the julakhog in front of us. The bullets might not be effective against the wasps, but it is against the stupid pigs that only know how to ram in a straight line.

" Just 13 more..." Bel said as she continue to rain ice shards onto them. How I wish I could actually use magic, well offensive magic, cause blood magic is only used for healing or strengthening, not really for combat.

" Lucy think! You are the hunter here! You should have ways to fight them right?" Bel said as she continue to make more ice lance and throw it to the wasps.

" Just kill these first, normally wasps will send out a group to hunt out the enemies, if a certain time has passed after that, they will send another group, so kill it fast! As for those pigs, ignore them, they just ram whatever they see!" I said to her.

" Aaaaaaaaa, fine! Petrasha! You are in charge of getting stuff for me to cook for the next 10 days!" Bel replied, while also not forgetting to blast more ice lance at the wasps, their numbers finally almost reduced to zero.

" Ha... I swear I run more now than the entire time I ran back on Earth... I swear Petrasha, if there isnt good enough rewards, I am going to steal some of your secret stashes..." May said as she is panting on the ground, we all are panting on the ground... except Bel.

" Thank god we left the rest back there... otherwise we could only keep defending back there and it won't be good for any of us..." Petrasha said. Defending four people that can't fight.... three humans and one elf, is definitely not a good idea. Even if Bel could really blast them with magic, it definitely would take time and we could even get hurt...

" So what now, we try to remove it or find someone else to do it?" I asked Petrasha, after all, the reason why we all would be here is because of her. So the decision to stay or leave is better left to her too.

" Of course, we are hunting them down. If we leave the wasps here it would cause a big problem! " Petrasha said. Well of course she would say that... Why am I expecting something else ...

" Say Petrasha can I use a huge area magic? That would potentially temporarily change the climate of the region?" Bel suddenly ask. So an AoE attack to kill them all... Good idea... Let's do it. It's not like keeping them would do us anything good anyways! The faster we finished everything here, the faster we could go back! I missed the hot spring we have back there!

Petrasha originally wanted to deny Bel's help due to how it could potentially affect the local ecosystem but with me and May practically glaring at her, which causes her to give Bel the green sign. Good, I don't want to stay here and continue hunting wasps... especially wasps at least one meter tall and there are 30 more of those together...

" ᛖᛚᛖᛗᛖᚾᛏᛋ ᛁᚾ ᛏᚺᛖ ᚨᛁᚱ, ᚷᚨᛏᚺᛖᚱ ᚨᚱᛟᚢᚾᛞ ᚨᚾᛞ ᚲᛟᛟᛚ ᛞᛟᚹᚾ ᛏᚺᛖ ᛖᚾᛏᛁᚱᛖ ᛋᚢᚱᚱᛟᚢᚾᛞᛁᚾᚷ ᛏᛟ ᚨ ᚠᚱᛖᛖᛉᛁᚾᚷ ᛏᛖᛗᛈᛖᚱᚨᛏᚢᚱᛖ ᚨᚾᛞ ᚠᚱᛖᛖᛉᛖ ᛖᚹᛖᚱᛃ ᛒᛖᛁᚾᚷ ᛁᚾᛋᛁᛞᛖ ᛏᚺᛖ ᚱᛖᚷᛁᛟᚾ, ᛏᚢᚱᚾᛁᚾᚷ ᛏᚺᛖᛗ ᛁᚾᛏᛟ ᛁᚲᛖ. ᚲᚱᛃᛟ ᛒᛚᛁᛉᛉᚨᚱᛞ!" Bel chanted her spell and I can feel the immediate surrounding becoming colder and colder... well at least she isnt burning down the entire forest. I wouldn't want that to happen as burning entire forests would cause even more trouble than freezing them...

" Phew, a cool breeze after a long run sure feels good~" May said as she just slumped down onto the ground, with Bel and Petry following her. 

" Say, we need to bring some material as proof that we have cleared out the danger right? If yes you guys could go and get them now. The entire forest is now frozen so there shouldn't be anything alive in there. Everything should either become a popsicle or have run away due to the cold. Though the second one is probably impossible." Bel said as she just directly fell down and just sleep on top of the grass, clearly exhausted... well after casting a spell with such magnitude, no matter who you are, you would definitely be mentally exhausted... I mean if they aren't someone as capable as Bel, they would probably either be in a mental asylum or just went crazy.

" Way you said you guys, are you not coming?" I asked. In which, she just gave me a simple thumbs up... argh! Why me!

" Alright I will go... Petry, you're coming with me!" I said as I dragged Petry with me to collect the stuff... 


Belgrynd's POV

Urgh, I don't feel good... very dizzy... is this what they call, mana starvation? Or mana deficiency? I don't know, I normally either use so little that it has zero effect or use so much that I directly faint... this in-between state is.... annoying... 

Next time I better either use a little bit or use a lot... urgh...

" Hey May, you there?" I asked as I looked at the sky. Good, blue sky white clouds. It definitely won't be raining soon... lets just rest on here a bit... it is tiring after that magic... how I wish I could use the other magic to solve things... I mean, I have a huge mana pool that I can use... yet I am now restricted to the magic in this world which uses your brain and also the surrounding mana... 

No reaction, probably asleep, well, I am almost going to do the same thing too though... well, just in case let me do something.

" ᛖᛚᛖᛗᛖᚾᛏᛋ ᛁᚾ ᛏᚺᛖ ᚨᛁᚱ, ᚲᚱᛖᚨᛏᛖ ᚨ ᛒᚨᚱᚱᛁᛖᚱ ᛏᚺᚨᛏ ᚹᛁᛚᛚ ᛒᛚᛟᚲᚲ ᚨᚾᛃ ᛚᛁᚹᛁᚾᚷ ᛒᛖᛁᚾᚷ ᛏᚺᚨᛏ ᛁᛋ ᚾᛟᛏ ᚱᛖᚲᛟᚷᚾᛁᛉᛖᛞ ᛒᛃ ᛗᛖ, selective barrier," there. Its done, now let me have a quick nap too...

1 hour later...

*clang* *clang* *klank*

Just what is that noise... can't you guys let a dragon have a quick nap... I am really tired after that you know... wait...

Originally I want to whine about people disrupting my sleep, but what I saw in front of me made me change my mind... I am sure they don't mind me taking a little snack right? I inadvertently licked my lips while thinking of that.

After a short... warm-up, I have my stomach full and a tiny bit more materials. While Petrasha said that I shouldn't kill easily, these guys clearly wanted to hurt me and May, so it is self-defense! Plus, nobody saw it. It isnt a crime if nobody found evidence of it~ As I continue to wait for Petrasha and Lucy to come back, I can see a group of elves rushing to us. I don't know why and I don't want to know why, but I feel that I will be forced to know to...

" Hello miss, it is dangerous here! We just detected a large amount of mana surge in this region! You should evacuate back to the town! And... wait, why is Lady May here? What did you do to Lady May!" one of the elves aid as he raised his spear and point it against me... misinterpretation at its fittest I guess...

" I did not do anything to her, she is just tired and decided that she wanted to sleep here... I even slept next to her just now, I swear that I do not mean any harm, mister guard!" I said as I put both of my hands up, while I am sure this would work back on Earth... how does this world express that they are harmless?

" We will take you into custody and until Lady May woke up, you will be placed under arrest!" the elf said again... Jesus, well Astrea? how the hell should I get out of this... Petrasha and Lucy are out... wait, Christine! She can help me!


Christine's POV

Life is good, I can just laze around here and just be a good baby- humansitter! Not to mention because of Petrasha's status, nobody would disturb me! Double nice! I can just do whatever I wanted in here since they prepared this room! I can think of new songs, new dance,s and most importantly, new merch! Triple NICE!

*knock knock*

" Lady Christine? The town guard is finding you at the main gate..." one of the servants told me... tsk, cant I have my fun time in peace? Plus, why me? If you have things to ask, shouldn't you ask Petrasha since she's the one who suggested this town? 

" Aaaaa fine, I will be there in a while..." I told the servant before preparing to go out... Jeez, work on a day off... the worst ever...

I sigh again as I wear my outdoor clothing... which is a fancy shirt and skirt, I like this outfit, but I prefer wearing more comfy ones at home, the life of an idol~

Going out is going to be a pain, not only will people start looking at me, some would even come to just say stuff like, I love your music, I like you, can we shake hands~ these are good, but on day-offs? it's super bad! Luckily... or unluckily, I know how to get there fast without going on the main street. But that would involve me sneaking off to the back door which in turn, if I get found, would mean some trouble for me...

Oh whatever let's go~

A few minutes later

" Thank you for coming Miss Christine, we really appreciate your help in here." one of the elf guards said. For sure you better thank me... if it isn't because of you I would still be lazing at home!

" So what is it that needed my help? I am not really that proficient in combat so I can't help you in that." I said as he signaled me to follow, which I did. As I follow, I realize that there is quite a lot of rooms in here, visually there are at least 8 rooms, are these interrogation rooms? I hope I am not the one getting questioned... that would suck...

" As I said, I know all of them, and I am helping May in that situation!" wait, why does this sound like Bel? Did they come back already? Damn, that's early. I thought it would take longer for them to finish that side quest of theirs. But why is Bel here?

As we walked in, I saw Bel handcuffed and two elf guards are interrogating her, what happened?

" Why is she handcuffed? She didn't do anything wrong right?" I asked. Which the elf guards start to explain everything to me, it seems that they met her in the plains with May sleeping. They immediately jump on the gun that Bel is there to harm May which in the end ended up like this... After a tedious amount of negotiation (not really), I finally saved the poor stranded princess (not really) from the evil hands of the elf guards (again... not really), so I guess asking for a reward is logical right? (Nope)

" Say Bel.." " I know, extra meat today, so please shut up... cant you see today is rough on me?" before I could even finish, Bel cut me off and start to be grumpy, like chill~ nothing like problems in an isekai you know?

" I swear if Petrasha wanna do any more of this thing, she is doing it alone... where are we going again? May is pretty light but I am extremely exhausted..." Bel said before I realized... where are we again? We just start walking and just... got lost...

" If you say that we are lost, reduced portion tonight." 

Well...... shit......

Yeah... shit... you done messed up Christine~~~

This is kinda a filler chapter where there isnt really much doing, but just to show some stuff from the other chars (like Petry doing actual political work and stuff)

Also, the chapter is late because... I am literally just going happy go lucky at Chinese New Year... sorry guys...

28