Chapter 77 Hello fire my new friend~
729 3 22
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

5th Maelach of Secafiel 1237

Belgrynd's POV

Finally, our destination... it is in front of our eyes... the heart of the dwarven kingdom... or whatever the name it is...

As if I know where are we going... I don't even know where are we even! Petrasha not letting me fly made me unable to see the surrounding terrain! Damn it Petrasha! Don't you know that not letting a draconian fly is like not letting a bird fly! I call that draconian cruelty!!! If you arent my friend, I would have sued you to the draconian right department! Well, provided there is such department, which I am sure that there probably won't be one here... Petrasha, please use your connection to make one...

" So this is your home huh? Inside a volcano..." I said as I look at the smoke that is coming out from the top of the volcano. I always wonder why people settle near volcanos... after all, back on Earth there's the history of Pompeii, but then again, this isn't Earth so they probably don't know what happened there.

" It might be a volcano, but we are kinda using its energy to generate power so you don't have to worry about it suddenly erupting," Petrasha answered me. Yeah, taking out the energy before it stores too much and explodes huh. Great plan, but, how do you even know about it. Sure I haven't encountered a single earthquake here, but how are you even so sure.

" Now let's quickly get in and finally end this journey, and then we will think about your own house Bel," Petrasha said as she steers the wagon towards what looks like a tunnel entrance, except rather than it being empty for cars to directly pass by, there's a gate there and several guards checking everyone that is going in and out of the tunnel. Heavy security that is for sure.

Though as I get closer, I can see more and more potential problems. The queue is very long, both in what seems to be a commoner line and a noble line as the carriages and wagons in those two lines are quite distinctive. I guess this part fits the fantasy part a lot. Then there are the guards that would absolutely take as long as they can in order to check the entire cabin within the wagons, which in turn makes Flux, Frux, and the princess easy to be detected.

" I will say this again Bel, hide your horns and wings before entering. Cause dragons rarely enter people's plain sight. And when it does happen... it either ends in a bloodbath, or it goes completely unnoticed. Since now you look entirely different from the usual dragonkins, I am not sure about people's reaction but it is best to be safe." Petrasha said as we arrives at the line. Petrasha immediately hands the reins to Lucy and steps down from the driver's seat and heads towards the guardhouse. Yes Petrasha, this is the time to use your power to let us go in fast!

And as expected, we are directly given access in... not by carriage but by foot... Petrasha... but at the very least they explained the situation that we have with the three humans, which although attracted a lot of stares, isn't really as bad as I thought. Because in your typical fantasy novels, if humans are a race that suppresses other species, they would get immediately pounced on by all of them, not even caring about the circumstances. Well, either they are a different generation or they are just don't want to do anything in the presence of Petrasha, she is a member of the council that runs this country after all. Although not fully enforced, people would still have to pay respect to them as they're nobles. 

Well, if it helps then it helps. One less problem is one more happy moment.

As we continue to walk past the tunnel that seems to be going on forever, we are now on the streets in the volcano city, I noticed one thing. Despite us being inside of a volcano, it is surprisingly quite cool inside here. If I have to guess it without asking Petrasha, there must be a device that blocks the volcano heat from entering the city as I feel a huge mana wall in the distance. Kinda cool... pun intended. If the city is like this then I guess I won't have to worry about living here. As I want to clarify again, my main attribute is ice, not fire.

Though the problem here still remains. A lot of people are staring at the three humans and it seems especially... the princess...

" Pst... Petrasha... why are all of them staring at the princess? And it seems that they are pretty furious to see the princess too..." I asked.

" Well, originally she was taken in as a P.O.W. but because of the info that she has dragon scale armor... it kinda made everyone very angry. A lot of people at that time demanded her execution... I fabricated a reason saying that I need her alive to get you back to keep the people from killing her. Since this time we are coming back with her, they might feel that we failed. So... this is their reaction." Petrasha replied...

" Then why am I hiding? If I show that I am safe and that we even have her back, it would be even better right?" I said. I mean, if you brought a chip for negotiation and won while still having that chip... it would be better right?

" Then even more reason to not keep her alive since well, you are here, then we don't have any reason to not execute her. Although dragons are not that rare here, every one of them is revered by most of the inhabitants here. With the humans making dragon scale armor, it not only simplifies that they got their hands on a dragon but also manages to either subdue or enslaved the dragon. And you know they don't like their revered dragons to be sullied like this." Petrasha said as we continue down the road. Well, it makes sense. The princess is alive because there is a reason for her to, and once that reason is gone, there is no way they won't kill them due to their hatred towards them...

I kept quiet as we continue down the street. What is strange though is that we are walking towards the side of the town that looks visibly less developed than the other side... The other side of the city looks far more developed. There are taller buildings, it looks more organized and just generally looks more modern than this part, if I have to say, the buildings there look like those in the renaissance where we are starting to see the metal framework. While here it looks just like the medieval age where it is still entirely made of stone and bricks. 

Could it be... this area is actually some sort of nobility area? That only the nobility can live? It would make sense if that is the case!

" No, it isn't. This is just your normal housing area. There is nothing special. We aren't going to meet the king first. We are heading to my house first." Petrasha said as she continue to lead the way. One thing for sure is the change of architecture compared to the building in the last town. Those are more clay used than stone while the ones here are just pure stone.

And finally, at the end of our path... is a castle that is totally embedded into the volcano rock... So this place really is the noble district. Otherwise, why the hell would they build the castle here! I mean, normally the buildings close to the town center or castle is usually for the royals or nobles, or the main buildings like headquarters or important buildings such as embassies! But that is not the most absurd thing...

" You say that your house is in a normal housing area... just how normal a house can be when the castle is just 2 blocks away..." I said to Petrasha while pointing at the castle gate which is literally just 2 blocks away from where we are.

" Yes. Correct. This is a normal housing district. With the addition of the second castle visible from here." Petrasha said as she opened the gate to her house and entered it. To be honest, the size of the house isnt really that big. At least compared to typical fantasy settings, this house would be on the small side compared to those glamorous houses owned by typical nobles. Though as with the typical settings, Petrasha also has her own servants helping her. I guess that is normal considering that she is one of the council members and is indeed akin to government officials.

The next few hours passed by fast as our group just put out all of our stuff either into storage, fridges, or just purely sorting it out. Well, and also putting the three into the basement. It sounds bad but the basement is just another floor except for being underground. It is not a dungeon nor anything closely resembling it. Petrasha also owns a workshop on that floor too. According to her, she originally wanted it to be above ground but it creates too much noise and attracts too much attention, so she moved it underground. 

Now that we are back, the three humans are settled down, the items being sorted out and everyone is also preparing to rest. But that leaves the last question...

" Say Petrasha... you all have rooms... where is mine?" I asked which made Petrasha stunned.

" I... er... eh..." 

" She didn't prepare yours. To be honest, she also didn't prepare the human's place too. It is only coincidence that the basement has one empty storage room that can be used as a temporary bedroom." Lucy said.

" Not to mention, her house doesn't have room for all of us. Only May have a room here. Christine owns a house half an hour from here and I normally occupy the guest room." added Lucy as she prepared the guest bed.

" Then where do I..." I said as I look around. While I know I could just make a bed... it must have felt weird to suddenly slept with your friend who you never had a sleepover before...

" You know what, screw this... Let's go Bel, let's just finish this, and then we all can rest. I don't know how much stamina you have, but even dragons can be mental fatigue right?" Petrasha said as she just start to drag me out of the building.

" Eh? Where are you guys going? I wouldn't mind letting her sleep with us. Plus, there is always the sofa you know?" Christine asked us as we are going out.

" Where else? Pick a spot for Bel to make her own house. We talked before that as a dragon, she wouldn't have a problem living in hot places right? And to hide her along with the humans, that place is the only place suitable for her as it is quiet, spacious and she can do whatever she wants, design whatever thing she wants with the houses. Total liberty on her own house!" Petrasha said as she continue to drag me. I have a bad feeling about this.

" Ah, building a platform that is attached to the center pillars and let her be there huh. I thought you decided to rest a day before doing this? What with the rush? But oh well, I am off~ Good luck Bel~ Let me visit it once you're done alright?" Christine said as she went to the other side of what Petrasha is dragging me.

Yes, she is dragging me towards the volcano center. 

Where it is full of hot lava that could melt steel.

And most importantly...

I SAID THAT MY MAIN ELEMENT IS ICE NOT FIRE!!!

THE COLD IS MY FRIEND NOT THE HEAT!!!

For real... I am sorry for the long delay in chapters... I am now in my last semester which means everything is just piling up and my aunt (who I live in with when I am in university) is now "helping" me by using me as cheap labor...

Do remember there's also other chapters uploaded together!!!

 

 

22