Chapter 78 The Dwarven Council
622 1 25
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

1st Tekulach of Secafiel 1237

Petrasha's POV

I will be honest here. 

I do not want to be here. 

Yes, even I, the second-in-rank of the dwarven council, would not want to be in this room right now. There are a few reasons causing that... mainly because of a certain dragon... but first I have to talk about why I ended up in this situation.

It started this morning when I am still sleeping happily inside my room... enjoying my last good sleep before the working hell continues. It is that time that I suddenly feel my room getting awfully colder which shouldn't happen considering no matter how efficient the heat barrier is, there is no way that it can be that cold inside a volcano. This forced me to wake up in a sour mood.

But that sour mood will soon change into something else. Like fear... because... I can clearly see the amount of aura coming from my window... yes, see, it is so dense, that I could just directly see it...

" I see you have a nice sleep, Lord Petrasha Mithvor." the figure outside the windows said... that has to be Bel... because, this is the third floor, and she is the only one in the group that is capable of making such cold ice. I quickly walk towards the window to open it so that Bel can come in, but Bel is... faster...

" Do not worry, Lord Petrasha Mithvor, this lowly me wouldn't dare to interrupt your beauty sleep time. So do not worry, I just ask that you would spare some of your almost non-existent rest time to quickly fulfill y our promise for me~" Bel said in a calm tone...

Why is Bel much scarier when she is calm than she is angry... well, to be honest, Lucy and Amy are the same, but Bel... have the power to back it up to the next level...

" Er... Don't worry Bel... I will er... quickly handle this... you... just er... do your stuff... is that alright?" I said to her, still sweating bullets.

" Oh, do not worry about me~ since Lord Petrasha went all the way out to assist this lowly me to 'build' my own house in the middle of a lava lake inside a very hot volcano despite it being stated that my main element is ice, it wouldn't sit well to me that I would just sit here and do nothing~," Bel said as she starts moving her fingers. At that moment, my pajamas just disappeared!

" OI Bel! What are you doing!" I yelled, but to her amusement, she just moved her fingers again and I am now... fully dressed... with what looks like an official suit, at least an official suit that is commonly known back on Earth.

" You do know that the clothing in this world is dif-" " I don't care." Bel cut off my sentence and said while moving closer to me. Dispelling the spell that is making the entire room cold as she picks me up in her hands... thank god it is not the bridal style, though she is holding me as if I am a sack of potato...

" Where are we going! Do the others know about this?" I asked but she does not say anything.

" Don't worry, it is thanks to them that I know what I am going to do~?" Bel says as she just jumps out of the window with me on her shoulders! I have ridden flying beasts, but not while I am slugged like this!!!

" BEL STOP STOOOOP"


" I guess even someone like you have something or someone that they are scared of huh." Karsenth Silveraxe or the third in position in the council said.

" Yeah, I never would thought I would see my little Tasha be this frantic and scared~ I guess I still don't know her that much huh~ I wonder if she will come back to me in these situations~~~" Ganmol Warhammer, seventh in the position of the council... or more importantly, my adoptive father in this world...

" Shut up you. More importantly, who is that brat there that dares to crash into our meeting like this! Outsiders shouldn't even be here! Does youngster these days don't have any respect for their elders and tradition!" said Jaktor Kuprudia, the tenth member in the council.

" It is alright Jaktor, it is not like we are discussing anything important anyways. Otherwise, we wouldn't be in this side of the city." Paelisher Orikar, the first of the council said.

" Tsk... it's exactly this attitude of yours that youngsters these days don't even pay any attention to tradition! They just think everything is alright as long as they are in that little world of theirs!" Jaktor rebutted.

" Anyways, may I ask what does this elven friend of Petrasha wants to discuss with us old folks. Or should I say, dragonkin friend?" Paelisher said, surprising everyone in the group including Petrasha herself. 

" Good of you for noticing that... and here Petrasha is telling me to hide to not cause a commotion huh," Bel said as she undid her camouflage. Once again causing a commotion among the council members and their attendants. Makes sense... considering most of the council members probably haven't heard of Bel being a dragon. They would probably expect her to be one of the more common races, not something that is considered as a higher being. Then again, Bel... isn't really hiding anything... she still has her menacing aura all over her throughout the meeting. But something that bothers me is one thing. With Bel releasing so much of her aura... why isn't the other council members feeling it? Surely they would be able to see it right? 

" Wait she is a dragonkin? I am sorry for my language, mighty one!" Jaktor immediately apologize. Wait... do they really don't know, and also, that's the first time I saw Jaktor say sorry and bow down to someone...

" Judging by your reaction, I assume you assumed that we would know that your friend is a dragonkin right? Mind giving us a reason?" Paelisher asked. I don't think he is acting dumb but, why...

" She is constantly releasing a huge amount of mana, do you all not notice it?" I said to them, which made Paelisher laugh even more.

" I guess even though you are individually strong and even a genius in craftmanship, you are still too green Tasha! Your friend here manipulated her aura to specifically target you! She didn't even bother to show a slight bit of her aura to any of us, making us think that she would just be a normal elf. Ganmol, I guess you have more to teach your daughter now huh." Paelisher told everyone in the council. What? How! This is! I don't think even Paelisher can do that! It is then I felt one thing... Paelisher just did the same thing, manipulating his aura to affect me only, not to mention... I can feel it from the opposite side he is at... urgh.

" So, that little joke aside, what is your business with us old folks today, Miss Belgrynd," Paelisher said, totally with a different tone than before.

" Oh nothing much Lord Paelisher, it's just that Lord Petrasha here told me that it is better that I live in the center of the volcano lake as she fears that my aura as a draconian would cause troubles to the locals." Bel said in a very sarcastic tone... especially on the word Lord.

" That to be honest is the best course of-" " But, I am an azure dragon, which means my affinity with ice and water is way higher than my affinity with fire." Bel cut into Jaktor's sentence, putting the most important fact AFTER everything. Now, everyone inside here is looking at me with contemplating eyes... it's not my fault! There is no way in hell I could find somewhere cold enough for Bel in this continent!

" But don't worry, I have had it solved. I made myself my own little island in there that wouldn't be too harsh on me. To be honest, right now I just need your approval to live inside here and we are good to go." Bel said, finally ending the awkward atmosphere, with an even awkward atmosphere...

" Then... you are good to go... you have our approval... go ahead and manage... if you need furniture you can ask Srash there... she is the only female here so it would be hard to miss..." Ganmol said to Bel as she leaves the place... leaving me here. 

Now that she is gone, I think it is also time for me to go. Since they are discussing something before Bel crashed into their meeting. It wouldn't be polite for me to extend my stay here when there is no need for it... is what I thought, but clearly, they have a very different opinion... 

YOU SHOULD HAVE BROUGHT ME WITH YOU BEL! FORGIVE ME!


Belgrynd's POV

Well, this went really well, not only did I get approval for my private island, but also managed to get back on Petrasha for just throwing me onto a random lava island! Now, good luck on earning your earful from those old guys, Tasha~ That really is a cute nickname, though if it were me, I would say Petry sounds better since Tasha just sounds like another name. Though you can't deny that... it sounds familiar to Petri dishes...

Though, what surprised me is that Paelisher guy. He could see through my aura manipulation and know that I am actually not an elf. He definitely doesn't have an appraisal or identification skill since he didn't know that I am draconian not dragonkin since if he really has that skill, it will tell him otherwise. Though, this is to be expected to the council leader. Petry said that he is more than a thousand years old so all of that must have come from his experience. The rest of the council also doesn't seem too bad. Except for that guy who is rude, I don't really see the typical troupe where royalty is a pain fulfilling in here. 

Or is it because they aren't humans that the troupe doesn't work? Since most isekai that have these troupes would fit it into human kingdoms.

Anyways, it is time to continue my base, after all, it is just a platform with a blanket and pillow on it. Well, along with a huge permafrost crystal in the center of it making sure that the stone won't melt.

A side note. After Belgrynd left the castle, leaving Petrasha behind, Paelisher first nagged to her about her inexperience and her rushing too much. While the rest of the council then continues the barrage to her not informing them beforehand and causing a ruckus in the castle. And finally, Ganmol gave Petrasha a stern scolding and lecturing before finally letting Petrasha go... though it would be nighttime before that really happened...

The second chapter of the mass upload, we need furniture for Bel! Letting her sleep on the ground isn't right! 

Agree?

 

 

25