Chapter 81 Headaches for Petrasha Pt1
738 4 29
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

4th Tekulach of Secafiel 1237

Belgrynd's POV

Uwaaaaaaa, it is nice to wake up on a nice bed, without anyone bothering~ It makes me feel like I am back at home! How long has it been since I have a good sleep... not just on a good bed but without smelling someone's tail, hand, foot, hair, or whatever body part for a day. Not to mention it is going to continue on!

" Ha~ this feels nice~ what time is it?" I murmured as I heard a knock on my door before it opens.

" Hey Bel, Petry got a message for- GO WEAR SOME CLOTHES!" May comes in before yelling and slamming the door back. Hmm, can't be helped. This place is hot. I am still not used to it. 

" Well, I guess Petry needs me for the magic huh. Alright~" I said as I lazily prepare myself. Doing everyone's daily morning routine~ But still, should I rush there? Or should I take my time...

I don't like to wait for people, so let's go there ASAP, I should have some food left in my storage, lets just nib on it as I fly there~ While Petry said that I cant fly in the town, this place isn't exactly in the town~ so I guess I can just fly to there! Plus, she didn't yell at me when I did it the last time~

As I went down the stairs, I can see Flux and Frux working on the woodworking bench that I prepared, well I said it's woodworking but I didn't really specify. It is just a table with a lot of woodworking-related equipment. They seem to be making something, but I can't see it due to it being small (they just started) and them blocking it, but since they didn't hear me coming down I decided to just let them be. The princess on the other hand is sitting at the table eating with May there blushing while trying to chat with her, definitely wanting to remove what she saw outside of her mind. 

" Hmm, I don't remember buying this but I will take one of them~" is what I said before I eat one of the hashbrowns-looking things out of  May's hand, making her blush even further. This is definitely a hashbrown, but I know it isn't made out of potatoes.

" I will be going to meet Petry, hold the house alright~ Though there is probably no need for that since I know nobody would be that daring to cross a lava lake to come here~," I said to them as I went out. Leaving a confused Excelia and a heavily blushing May~ I love it when we tease May like this. Even back on Earth, he is literally the only one we teased due to his personality. Glad that it didn't change.

The journey didn't take too long. After all, I am flying, not walking. There is literally zero traffic. Even though there is, I don't think it would even affect where I am as it is still quite close to the lava. Though what I noticed is that there are people starting to stare at me from the shore. Though that is normal, not every day you see someone flying on lava. I didn't really pay them any attention as I continue.


" So may I ask what do you need this time?" One of the council members said. This time its Raisul Orst who asked. If I didn't remember wrong, he is the 10th member of the council. I am currently in one of the hallways inside the second castle. 

" Ah no. I heard Petrasha will be explaining to all of you the teleportation magic and I figure that it would be better if the one who makes it is present." I said nonchalantly which made him flinch a little. Yes, fear me!

" Ah... that is scheduled to be in the evening though... you are a bit too early Miss Belgrynd." Well, shoot. What do I do now...

" Oi, Raisul, come here already, I don't want to be late!" I heard someone yell from quite far, probably from the courtyard or somewhere similar distance.

" Ah, if you excuse me Miss Belgrynd. I have to go and settle some issues. While I wouldn't mind giving you a tour, I am a bit occupied." Raisul said as he left in a hurry. Hmm, why not I follow him? Sounds interesting!

" Just what is taking you so long? I thought you would be here 10 minutes ago!" Ganmol said. He is the one who asked Raisul to come. Well, judging by what he is wearing, I can probably guess why.

" Shut up! Not everyone is free to help you test your new weapons! In fact, why are you even finding me? Go ask other council members! I am sure there are some that would be glad to assist you! Heck, even your daughter would probably do a better task on it than me!" Raisul said as he start to wear his armor and get a hammer from a servant. Oi, you said you don't want to but your body is honest! It literally just start equipping itself in auto mode!

" Ahahah! You know exactly why~ Now, let's start! This time I changed the material of the hammerhead so I want to know if it affects the durability, maneuverability, and impact." Ganmol says as he holds up his hammer. Hmm, this isn't as huge as I expected? I thought the hammerhead would be bigger than his own head...

Without any warning, the fight started. Ganmol is the one who initiated the attack by jumping up. He then bashes his hammer down as its speed increases due to gravity. Although it is a simple move, if it really hits, it would cause some serious damage, even if it misses, the terrain would be the one that takes the damage. This missed the mark though as Raisul sidestepped to dodge it. What surprises me next is that before the hammer hits the floor, Ganmol immediately adjusted the direction and moved it to swing sideways toward Raisul. I can see small flames gushing out from the hammer so I guess it is some sort of thrusters that will forcefully change the direction of the hammer. This however didn't really shock Raisul as he just blocked it with ease, but I can see from here is that the hammer that Raisul is holding has bent a little bit. I am not sure what the material of the hammer is but I can guess that it is supposed to be something quite tough and hard to bend.

" Hah, it didn't really go that well. If it isn't because of my strength it would be hard to alter its direction. This metal is too dense for that. Plus, the thrusters are not really working that well." Ganmol said as he checks the damage done on Raisul's hammer and his own hammer.

" I told you to get something lighter. The problem isn't the thruster but the metal. Did you really think that it would be easy to move it like that? Plus, don't you plan to mass produce this? Would it even be possible to mass-produce using this?" Raisul told him, clearly annoyed because his advice wasn't taken seriously.

" Argh, it's not that easy. If I use something lighter the impact won't be enough. But anything harder would be too rare to be used to mass-produce..." Ganmol said in frustration. Well, I guess there's nothing more to see so I will take my leave then~

" Missy, it isn't polite to peek in then leave without saying anything you know?" another council member suddenly appear before me. It is Paelisher, the leader of the council. His appearance not only shocked me but even more than the other two council members.

" Wait, someone is here? Who is it!" Ganmol said as he rushes here.

" I mean, I am here to wait until Petry comes so why not just wander around?" I said. Trying to not show that I am looking at their spar since the start.

" If a spar is what you want then you could just ask you know? I will gladly give that! I am also sure the others are willing too hahahahah!" Ganmol said. Er, wasn't he coming here to see who is peeking at his testing sessions?

" Oi! Don't drag the other council members with your muscle head!" Raisul said as he also comes to where I am now. 3 guys with 1 girl, it is supposed to be an awkward moment but... The girl and one of the guy clearly are way taller than the other two... which rather make it weird, it just makes it a bit comedic and awkward.

" So how about that, wanna spar a bit? I never fought a dragonkin so I wanna know how they fight!" Ganmol said in an excited voice. Eh...

" Don't blame me when you lose alright?" I said as I went to a nearby weapon rack to get a hammer... 

" I love your confidence but in terms of hammers I am quite the master at using it you know, you're stepping into my territory now lass!" Ganmol said as he took another of those hammers in there. I guess he loves hammers more than swords huh.

With a signal from Paelisher who is now acting as the judge, our little spar starts. I didn't want to let him to get the initiative so I strikes first, doing a side smash while closing toward him which he guards easily.

" Not bad for a first-timer, you are stronger in pure strength than me, but," he said as he pushed my hammer away and starts on a counteroffensive. Hurling strikes left and right. It is taking my all to just see where it is coming from! " You are still too green in wielding it!" He said as the strikes continue to come. His strikes are well-coordinated, it is specifically aimed so that I would have to be totally occupied in defense as if I didn't, it would either force me to be in a bad position or make me open to attacks, or it would just go through my defense. Tsk.

" You speak all this yet you can't really break through my defense huh." I taunted him, although I know it won't have any effect, it just doesn't feel good that I am forced on defending. It is then that I thought of something. While I continue to defend, I am finding a timing. A timing to change the tide of this spar.

Ganmol continues to strike but this time, I intentionally defend it while being closer to me than normal, making Ganmol's hammer slightly more exposed. It is a gamble, but I used my hammer and use the tip to hook onto his hammer and drag him to me, at the very least attempting to tip his balance. 

My gamble failed. He immediately holds back his hammer using his other hand. This time, instead of him being dragged towards me, it's the other way around. Tsk... he saw this before huh...

" The same trick won't work on me twice!" he yelled as he prepare to do a swing towards me. But it doesn't matter, I can get away from this too.

What I did next is something that is only achievable for someone who has wings or means of flying. While I am still in midair, I immediately flapped my wings, giving me an extra speed boost as I rushed toward him. Since my hammer is still in front of me, I swing it to the opposite side of his hammer to cancel it out. Since I have momentum with me, I overpowered him slightly, this time truly breaking his balance as I finally pointed my hammer to his head, signaling my win.

" The winner is Miss Belgrynd. Good job Ganmol, it isn't easy fighting against an enemy like that." Paelisher said... wait, isn't it normally the winner who gets congratulated? Why did it switch places?

" Haha... by the way. You are holding back, right? Your first strike is just to test my strength, isn't it? I can feel you adjust your strength to suit me. Not to mention. You could have just flown up and attacked me and it would end way easier." Ganmol said as he stand up, clearing the dust from his armor.

" Well, if I use all my strength, it wouldn't be fair. The same goes for flying. You are using me to test your strength, so of course, I would adjust it according to you." I replied while also wiping the dust off my shirt. Good thing it's not damaged. I am not wearing armor like Ganmol, I am literally in a simple cloak with just a plain shirt beneath!

" Hah. Doesn't the last one also count as flying? Since you are using your wings." Ganmol said again. While normally I would agree, it isn't the case. But rather than directly saying it. I decided to directly do it rather than explaining. I immediately chanted the spell in my mind as I jumped up, not too high but enough for me to do one thing.

" Air Blast." is the only thing that came out of my mouth as I was quickly accelerated to the sky. While I could technically do the same thing just now, using wings is more... natural for me than using this. I mean, if you are a bird that knows how to fly, would you still be flying on a plane?

" Chantless? No... it is mental chanting right?" Paelisher asked as I landed. Of course, this time using my wings rather than any air spell.

" Yep, I mean, I can't risk letting you guys know what I am doing. So, about the-" I replied to Paelisher and decided to directly jump to the point of the meeting later which is the teleport spell. But someone just had to cut me off.

" I know you use your ranged weapons, how about this, a duel with me only using your ranged weapons," Raisul said as he took a hand cannon and a grappler out of his inventory. So it is not that rare after all huh. 

" Hmm, are you sure about that? You don't have the type advantage now you know?" I said as I saw him nod while grinning. Since he asked nicely, I guess I will respond to that as I took out one of my gunblade along with another sword. Speaking of which, I can feel Paelisher's bloodlust spilling out too, though it's kind of vague, it is as if he is excited and he cant hold it in anymore. Are all dwarves battle junkies?

" I heard explosions outside so I rushed here, what is going on..." Petrasha yelled while coming in, armed with a spear, clearly from one of the soldiers outside.

" Urgh, I can feel a headache already..." is what I heard her say before Paelisher starts my next duel.

Oh, I haven't asked Ganmol who he saw using the same trick. I am pretty sure I know it from some anime... Petrasha?

FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT! Currently, it is 1-0 in favor of Belgrynd! How will this continue! Poor Petrasha though, as she probably has to handle the aftermath of the probably broken backyard.

I... tried at writing a fighting scene. It is weird cause I have thought out how it works, but I kinda cant write it in words... Urgh...

 

29