Chapter 83 Get the healer… for me…
792 14 27
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

4th Tekulach of Secafiel 1237

Belgrynd's POV

Now just how should I fight him... while I did accept the fight, Paelisher won't be an easier target. I am a bazillion percent sure that he won't go down as easy as how Ganmol or Raisul did. Petty tricks won't work on him either, a direct attack would probably be used by him against me.

" What is the matter lass, do you want to step out already?" Paelisher said, well probably a taunt. 

Argh, thinking too much won't yield any result anyways. Let's test the waters first, with his strength. 

" Then let me do the initiative then. Since you are so confident after all!" I told to Paelisher as I dashed towards him without waiting for him to reply. While I am confident in my speed. I am not that confident in my handicapped strength. I quickly give him a quick slash from my longsword as I reached him at a speed that would probably be fatal for others.

" Courageous I like it! But it is not enough!" Paelisher said as he just lifts both of his swords to guard against my attack. Tsk... this strength, is at least twice or thrice of Ganmol's strength! That is at least three-quarters of my own strength. Together with his skills, he could even possibly go toe to toe with my strength that isn't remotely backed up with any skills.

" Is that all you got? Don't think that I am as soft as Ganmol there!" Paelisher said as he pushed my attack back and made a counterattack. These attacks are fast and heavy... I am having a hard time just trying to parry these attacks. 

*clang* *clang* *clang*

" What's the matter! Arent you being so high and mighty just now? Where did that go? You arent even defending properly now!" Paelisher said as I am continuously pushed back by his constant attacks.

As the attacks continue, I am being pushed more and more to the side. I originally did not want to use my full strength as that would definitely be cheating, but this doing it. I am losing, I have to use extra strength to compensate for my lack of skill. I now hate myself for being so focused on gunnery and ignoring swordsmanship. This is still considered a medieval world where swords and bows are more common than any firearms. Even learning archery might help me more than gunnery right now!

*clang*

" Oh? Finally, wanting to use your full strength? That is more like it hahaha!" Paelisher laughs in a very villainous tone as I started to block his attack. While I do want to strike back, I cant. His attacks are never stopping, the only silver lining is that I don't have to be entirely focused on defense. I can finally spare some attention to find a way to break this stalemate.

" This is bad, the entire place would need a serious fixing," Petrasha said on the sidelines.

" Bah, it is alright. We already expected this kind of damage when we are testing Ganmol's hammer. So having some extras doesn't really matter. Plus, it isnt every day you can find someone who can fight Paelisher without the other side being completely slammed." Raisul said. I am the first huh. That is good, but I want to defeat him. I am not sure whether it is my instinct as a draconian, or it's just me who doesn't like to lose without trying my best, or again, it could be me who just wants a challenge. While I mostly don't like to get into fights, I would always challenge myself to the furthest the moment I am in one.

" Heh, I like that eyes of yours. It is way different from just now." Paelisher said without even stopping his barrage of attacks.

" Oh, is that so. Sadly complementing me won't make it easier for you. Plus, I am not into older men." I said as I duck down and gave him a sweep. It really did wonders as he didn't expect this to happen! Heh, swordsmanship might not be my forte, but I watched enough anime to know that a surprise sweep could be a tiebreaker and even be a winning move!

After finally obtaining an opening, I immediately swing my sword toward him. Of course, using a stab now might be a better move but there are two major downfalls to that. One is that he could easily dodge that with a roll, which of course is why I use a swing rather than a stab. The second is that if it misses and it stabs into the floor. At best it would be easy to take out but in the off chance that it gets stuck into the ground. That would instantly remove my advantage.

" Heh, not bad. I thought you would be like Raisul and only focus on your gadgets, apparently, that's wrong huh." Paelisher said that after he kicked the ground to push him backward. I didn't waste any time and continued my push. It is a huge oversight for me to not take his abnormal strength could also apply to his foot. But pushing himself away using that must have hurt a bit.

This time, I am no longer on the defense. While it is not a complete offense, it still counts as I am the one having the initiative. I push my attack using my longsword while using my shortsword to parry any attacks that Paelisher managed to muster. But even then I am not really pushing past his defense. It is like fighting a machinegun bunker. If you ever gave them a second for them to aim and start shooting, you will be the one suppressed by the immense firepower, but you cant deal serious damage yourself as you only have assault rifles at most. The only thing I am doing now is just suppressing him so that he will never get the opening he wants to perform a counterattack.

*crack*

Shit. Is the sword going to break? Tch, I know that the sound comes from my shortsword which is taking the task of defending, hence more stress is given to it compared to the longsword. His swords are also looking quite brittle now. Our fight continued for at least half an hour. While I think I will have the advantage if we ever get into a fistfight. I do not think that I want to get to that stage. It seems that I am not the only one noticing it. Paelisher's attacks are also way lesser as he is starting to consider saving some durability on his sword and not do any attacks that would earn him nothing. This could mean good for me! Defending definitely takes more toll on the sword than attacking. So if I continue my attack it would definitely help me in the long run!

I am seriously wrong. That was just a trap. He thought of how I would react and took advantage of it.

I overextended myself, causing myself to create openings for him to counter me. Tch, the advantage that I earned so hard is now in vain again. I am now once again forced on the defensive as Paelisher strikes back, turning the tides on me. Not to mention one thing, his attacks are now focused on my sword rather than me now, which means I would either have to sacrifice the sword or have to voluntarily take some hits myself. 

Even the sweep and kicks won't change the direction of the fight as he already knows of it. The surprise element is already gone. In fact, he is also using it to break my stance. Just how fast is your learning ability!

I definitely do not want to lose now.. think! I look at my surrounding while defending against the attacks. That is when I saw something. After the fight with Ganmol, the ground is slightly altered. There are some places that now have some shallow crates from the impact. I could use this. It is finally time to end this, even though I sadly cant win this fight fair and square without using my draconic abilities, I still want to win!

I went in again for a sweep towards him, of course, due to him seeing it so many times he can dodge it. But that is exactly what I wanted!. As he steps back to dodge my sweep, I used my tail and slam it onto him. Unlike a certain two idiots, I still remember that I am draconian and I have this tail!  

Due to the forces from the tail hit, Paelisher is sent flying. Though not far from the ground, he is already entire flying in the air so it counts. I can see that he wants to stabilize himself as fast as possible as he immediately stabs into the ground, wanting to hold himself down and gain another foothold. But sadly, at this exact time, his sword snaps. The force is too big for this already damaged sword to handle as it breaks into half. While he did manage to cushion himself a bit, he still tripped from the rocks that extrudes out from the crater as he fell into his arse. 

I immediately charge forward in order to end this battle, while at the same time praying that even though he has his monstrous skill supporting him, it will still take some for him to regain his bearings and let me finally win. But once again, just like what happened to Paelisher, it also didn't go what I expected but I had already thought of that in hand as I changed my route.


Paelisher's POV

Damn, that attack sure hurts... but it is a new experience. She really is using her entire body as her weapon. While her swordsmanship is slightly lacking, she does fill that gap with her own understanding of her own body, which is the very basis for every fighter. Sadly it seems the younger generation of the dragonkins doesn't really understand this. 

I stand up from the crater as I quickly find where the dragonkin girl is at. It is then I felt something sharp poking my neck.

" I won," the dragonkin said as she branded her shortsword at my neck. I see... you also thought of this huh.

If you are willing to go to such length to win this match. Then of course.

I would make it harder for you!

*stabs*

" Ngh!! You... crazy guy..." is what I heard last before I lost my consciousness. 

You lose your consciousness but don't lose it at the cliff damn it! Damn you Paelisher!

SUCK

AT

FIGHTING

SCENES!!!

I can imagine how it goes, how the fight goes, how the sword clashes, BUT I CANT TURN IT INTO WORDS PROPERLY QAQ. I am sorry if this chapter isn't fun to read due to my bad writing but I tried QAQ.

27